Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Assman is hitting back at the government.
Ain't nobody tellin' Mr. Assman what to do.

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-ne...sman-decal

Quote:After Dave Assman's license plate denied, Sask. man opts for giant 'ASSMAN' decal

When it comes to celebrating his family name, Dave Assman refuses to take no for an answer.

[Image: assmanpose.jpeg]

After Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) denied his latest request for an ‘ASSMAN’ vanity license plate, the Melville man had an oversized decal designed to replicate the plate in question and then placed the decal on the tailgate of his white Dodge Ram pickup truck.

Assman — pronounced OSS-men — said he appealed SGI’s decision Tuesday and received a message around four hours later that his request had once again been rejected. Then the railroad worker took action.

“I could have got a plate for the front but I really wanted a vanity plate on the back of my truck!” Assman said in a social media post showing off the decal.

“See, I hate to say it but I’m kinda a sarcastic ass and well I just wanted to go big!” he said later via direct message.

Guy is dealt a stupid name at birth but he decides to just own it. Awesome.

His neighbour, Harold Pussywagon, has declined comment.
Thanks given by:
If the province finds that decal offensive, distracting or in poor taste (despite being his name), they can probably make him remove it. But I like his moxy Happy
Thanks given by:
I was entirely on-board with this fella until the article (presumably at his instruction) felt the need to point out that it's pronounced "OSS-Men".

Sure it is, Assman.

If it were up to me, if he agreed to change the pronunciation of his name back to the correct ASS-man...THEN, and ONLY then do you get your plates. You don't get to own the hilarious plates if you're not willing to own the hilarious name too, Mr "Oss-men".

Edit: Tip of the cap to Hier for the "hitting back" thread title. I see you.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff. When I was in Med Hat, we had an Assman that worked for us so I knew where this was going before opening the thread, lol.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 02:36 PM)Superlube11 Wrote: we had an Assman that worked for us

Tell us more about your time managing a Chippendales.
Thanks given by:
Lol this thread is making me remember names that are easy picking for roasts. Easy Punjabi ones like Manmeet, Harshit, and Sukhdeep lol
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: tmleafer , Ryu65 , Ryu65
My dad had a 1969 Camaro and the Alberta Registries refused his request for a plate that said "ILUV69's"
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 02:39 PM)Hieremias Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 02:36 PM)Superlube11 Wrote: we had an Assman that worked for us

Tell us more about your time managing a Chippendales.

Managing....yeah, that's it... Wink
Thanks given by:
I once read a book called Tigers Revenge by Claude Balls.
Too much of Sunday is spent thinking about Monday.
Thanks given by: Bo Dangles
Is he related to Dick Assman, the guy who used to appear on Letterman?
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 04:25 PM)Captain aHab Wrote: Is he related to Dick Assman, the guy who used to appear on Letterman?

He's the nephew of Dick.
Thanks given by:
That's true TG.

As I understand it, he was close to his Uncle. They went everywhere together.

So much so that he became known as "Little Dick" Assman.
Thanks given by: topgun
people... gotta love em.
cfl
Thanks given by:

Too much of Sunday is spent thinking about Monday.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 02:13 PM)Hieremias Wrote: Ain't nobody tellin' Mr. Assman what to do.

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-ne...sman-decal

Quote:After Dave Assman's license plate denied, Sask. man opts for giant 'ASSMAN' decal

When it comes to celebrating his family name, Dave Assman refuses to take no for an answer.

[Image: assmanpose.jpeg]

After Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) denied his latest request for an ‘ASSMAN’ vanity license plate, the Melville man had an oversized decal designed to replicate the plate in question and then placed the decal on the tailgate of his white Dodge Ram pickup truck.

Assman — pronounced OSS-men — said he appealed SGI’s decision Tuesday and received a message around four hours later that his request had once again been rejected. Then the railroad worker took action.

“I could have got a plate for the front but I really wanted a vanity plate on the back of my truck!” Assman said in a social media post showing off the decal.

“See, I hate to say it but I’m kinda a sarcastic ass and well I just wanted to go big!” he said later via direct message.

Guy is dealt a stupid name at birth but he decides to just own it. Awesome.

His neighbour, Harold Pussywagon, has declined comment.

OMG!!!  I had to drag my staff into my office to read this one!!  I laughed so hard I was crying... then my staff did the same!!

Brilliant, Hier... made my day!!!
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
I wonder if the hockey player Aho pronounced ah-o, would get a plate with his last name? This is total bs and fully disrespectful to Mr Assman
“Success is Walking from Failure to Failure with no Loss of Enthusiasm.”
Winston Churchill
Thanks given by:
Just like Mr Grabher from Nova Scotia. His son can use the name in Alberta but he can’t in NS! Getting tired of this “political correctness “ bs.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat...e34417859/

[Image: NFYCFKY735EW7CV4HM6XT63OSM]
“Success is Walking from Failure to Failure with no Loss of Enthusiasm.”
Winston Churchill
Thanks given by:
"Grab her, Canada's ocean playground" Laugh
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
I wonder if Alberta registries would let me have my plate if I was asking today rather than 15 years ago?
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by: