Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My personal olympics
Here's what I got out of the olympics this year:

My favorite medal of all was the high jump. Took me back to cheering for Greg Joy.... great performance by Derek Drouin.

Watching basketball without all the hype, prancing and posturing of the NBA might not be too bad. I can't watch it normally - it's sickening. I actually enjoyed a couple of games.

Golf was a total loss for me. I really enjoyed watching it but lots of promise with sadly, no Canadian medal.  Sad

Usain Bolt is the greatest sprinter ever. If you don't believe it, just ask him.

Where did Penny Oleksiak come from?? What a terrific and happy surprise. She is the story of the olympics this year IMHO. 16 years old - unbelieveable.

RIO was a complete bomb as a venue. Killer mosquitos, polluted water, crime in the streets and the spending of money they can't afford. The IOC needs to re-think their policies.
Thanks given by:
My takeaways:
Phelps' final race in the team medley
Bolt's 100m victory
Bishop's reaction after finishing out of the medals in the 800m. (Just learned all three of the medal winners had some history of elevated testosterone. Jebus)
Thanks given by:
The 3 medalists from that race all looked like men. And by that I don't mean they were ugly women. I was shocked to see men line up in that race.
Thanks given by:
I think the event I enjoyed most, was the Rugby 7's...high paced, high action game. As I mentioned in earlier threads though, my only complaint about it, was that it was too short. Each half, should have been a quarter...though just from a stamina point of view, not sure if the players could take a longer game without more substitutions.

on the flip side, I guess part of the excitement, is that it is so short.
Thanks given by: Bong13
A big highlight for me was watching swimming every night, especially with Canada doing so well. That was a pleasant surprise. And watching Drouin have a perfect outing en route to gold. I feel like his accomplishment got overlooked with everything else going on.
I come from downtown
Born ready for you
Armed with will and determination
And grace, too
Thanks given by:
I thoroughly enjoyed the games from start to finish.

The Canadian men beating the US men in volleyball very early on was awesome to watch.

Watching athletics every evening during week two provided so much entertainment and something my wife and I looked forward to daily.
Thanks given by:
Having Olympic withdrawals today.
Thanks given by:
same
I come from downtown
Born ready for you
Armed with will and determination
And grace, too
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-22, 04:02 PM)Ramtuf Wrote: Having Olympic withdrawals today.

grab a broom stick and pole vault over the couch
Thanks given by: