Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My phone got ****ed (my own fault)
Earlier today whilst climbing into my car to make the journey to work my phone fell out of my pocket. Timed just right to be caught in the car door as I shut it. 

Phone messed up, I resigned myself to making the trip to the telus store in hopes to save contacts and while grabbing another phone just months before my contract ends. 

I've never carried the insurance they offer, I will now at least carry the insurance for the first while and balance when to deny the insurance they offer.  Sort of a balance between paying the insurance and the remaining balance to buy out the remaining contract .

As it was, I spoke with telus loyalty and they waived 2/3 of my remaining buyout. Happy with that. 

What I'm hoping to read is the other unfortunate circumstances that others have went through to hear some funny(not really)  stories about how phones met their early demises.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 09:37 PM)kango Wrote: Earlier today whilst climbing into my car to make the journey to work my phone fell out of my pocket. Timed just right to be caught in the car door as I shut it. 

Phone messed up, I resigned myself to making the trip to the telus store in hopes to save contacts and while grabbing another phone just months before my contract ends. 

I'm so sorry for your loss as breaking your phone is a shitty thing in this day and age but man I couldn't help but laugh at how that happened. Slamming the car door by accident on your phone has to be up there in broken phone stories.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 11:16 PM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2018-09-14, 09:37 PM)kango Wrote: Earlier today whilst climbing into my car to make the journey to work my phone fell out of my pocket. Timed just right to be caught in the car door as I shut it. 

I'm so sorry for your loss as breaking your phone is a shitty thing in this day and age but man I couldn't help but laugh at how that happened. Slamming the car door by accident on your phone has to be up there in broken phone stories.

Sometimes the seat belt gets caught in the door. This time there was a crunchy sound. And when opening the car door I never hear the seatbelt fall to the ground. 

Have to laugh at my own misfortune. I am an oilers fan after all.
Thanks given by:
August 8 - 2003 - dropped my flip phone in a full pint of beer (I remember the date because it was at the bar after I got called to the bar.

An old school blackberry also made its way in to the toilet one time - again, there were drinks involved - this one was at a client function.
Thanks given by:
Had my phone in my pocket while walking out to my anchored boat.  Tried the rice trick but good bye phone
My life is based on a true story
Thanks given by:
Not a funny story but I had my phone stolen out of my friends car. We went paintballing I decide to leave my phone in my back pack in his car. When we finished it was the backpack was gone. Using my wife's old phone for now.
Thanks given by:
One of my phones is at the bottom of Whitefish Lake to this day.
Thanks given by:
A fortunate story. Was riding my bike from Acton to Elora to meet my wife there for lunch. Just outside of Fergus I felt something hit the inside of my right calf. I looked down and noticed my water bottle was moving back and forth a bit so figured it was that. Got to Elora early and went to call my wife but it wasn’t in the pouch that is attached under my crossbar and the zipper was partway open. When my wife showed up, I told her about losing my phone and figured I had a reasonable idea of where it was. While we were having lunch at the Elora Brewing Company, my wife got a text: “I found this phone. Call me at (519)580-XXXX.” I was running MapMyRide on my phone so he could get into it and found the contact number for my wife. He went out of the way and brought the phone to me while we were still having lunch. I gave him $20 for his troubles and invited him to join us. He accepted the $20but was working so couldn’t stick around. Very lucky.
Thanks given by:
Wife left her phone on the roof of the car while getting the kids in. Ended up driving about 10 km away until it fell off shortly before our house. Surprisingly the phone didnt have damage but the case took a beating. She bought a new one in the meantime but about a week later someone called saying they had found it.
Thanks given by:
When we were in Tokyo, my friend dropped her phone getting into a cab. We found out halfway to our next destination. We had tell the cabbie to turn around and take us to where he picked us up (that was a nightmare in itself). Once he finally figured out what we were asking he took us back. As we near the spot he picked us up, you could see what remained of the phone laying on ground, the shattered screen reflecting the bright lights of Tokyo's cityscape.
Thanks given by: