Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASCAR Discussion
Don't like the segment thing at all. When the 41 car got roughed up by the 48 early, it was closing in on lap 25 and the end of the Segment one. They restarted the race and did about 3 laps and bam, the caution came out. Got be hard on those sensitive engines!

The clash overall I would give it 8 out of 10!

looking forward to the duels on Thursday night. 4 spots will be up grabs for the 500 on Feb 26!
Congratulations: You Are at the Right Place at the Right Time
Thanks given by:
Daytona 500 single car qualifying starts in roughly 15 minutes, will be fun to see who wins the pole!

Last 4 years there has been a nice story to go with the winning pole driver. 2013 - Danica becomes first woman to win the pole for the 500, 2014 - Austin Dillon wins the first pole in the #3 car since Earnhardt died, 2015 - Gordon wins the pole for his last 500, 2016 - Chase Elliott wins the pole in his first race in the #24 car, taking over for Gordon.

What will be the story this year? Does Junior win the pole for his first race back from injury? Maybe Suarez wins the pole for his 1st Cup start?
Thanks given by:
Hendricks, one and two!
Elliot #24 on the pole again
Earnhardt #88 starting 2nd
Happy
Thanks given by:
Elliott nips Junior by .002 seconds for the pole lol.

Junior also said this week he wants to race for a couple months before he commits to a contract extension, just in case his health won't allow him for whatever reason. Confident he's still got another couple years left in him, but doesn't want to put the team in a situation like he did last year again.
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-19, 07:53 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Elliott nips Junior by .002 seconds for the pole lol.

Junior also said this week he wants to race for a couple months before he commits to a contract extension, just in case his health won't allow him for whatever reason. Confident he's still got another couple years left in him, but doesn't want to put the team in a situation like he did last year again.

I heard him say that. Smart move on his part. I see him pulling a Tony Stewart and staying on the ownership side of things! He does, however, seem much more relaxed than other years.

On a side note, in a news email I get, seems Cousin Carl is thinking about a run for the US Senate at mid terms. His mouth would do him good and he is out spoken on certain things in the US.
Thanks given by:
He's always said that at some point during his career, he wants to run full-time for a season with JR Motorsports, which right now only runs the Xfinity series (it has run Trucks in the past, but I believe they shut down the Truck team this winter).

I don't think he'll be done racing when his Cup days are over, if this is still the case.

Also, will be interesting to keep an eye on St. Thomas, Ontario native D.J. Kennington, as he tries to race his way into the field during the duels on Thursday. As long as he finishes ahead of Timmy Hill in that race, he will make it into the Daytona 500 IIRC.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
Congrats to DJ Kennington from Canada to race his way into the Daytona 500 on Sunday.
Thanks given by: