Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Offseason
The real fun begins in the offseason.

As a Lakers fan, this is the dream scenario. Grin LeBron + PG in purple and gold would be amazing. The Lakers would instantly be the Warriors biggest threat to win the championship.

Thanks given by:
I think for the Lakers to be a real threat next year, even with LeBron and George, they would need to completely overhaul that roster and bring in guys that are more reliable spot up shooters. The Lakers were the second worst three point shooting team in the NBA last year. They would absolutely be a playoff team, but I'm not so sure they'd compete with Golden State, or even be on the same level as Houston (assuming Paul comes back).

Houston are for some reason the odds-on favourite to sign LeBron, but I think that would be an awful idea considering him and Harden are both ball-dominant players. I'm not even sure where Chris Paul would factor into that, or if he would even come back as a free agent. Harden and LeBron sounds like possibly the worst superstar combination you could make.

Philly is another team that's been heavily discussed, but with all that's going on in their front office who knows if anyone wants to go there. Besides that though, Ben Simmons would' development would be stalled and he would be pretty much useless in any LeBron offense seeing as he can't shoot the ball.

I think a return to Cleveland actually makes a lot of sense for LeBron, but unfortunately they have so much money tied up in guys like Clarkson, Thompson, Nance, etc. that I'm not sure they'd be able to win a playoff series over a healthy Celtics or 76ers team next year. Miami wouldn't be a bad option either, especially since the Heat could offer up Whiteside + in any sign-and-trade deal.
Thanks given by:
I don't see why Lebron has to leave Cleveland or why he might even want to. They have a good team, they just need a few tweaks. 4 straight finals appearances...he's Lebron but not God. He can't do it all by himself no matter how good he is.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-07, 11:24 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: I don't see why Lebron has to leave Cleveland or why he might even want to. They have a good team, they just need a few tweaks. 4 straight finals appearances...he's Lebron but not God. He can't do it all by himself no matter how good he is.

The Cavs are not a good team at all. Again, other than LeBron and Love who are the other starting caliber players on this team?

They've been to 4 straight NBA Finals mainly because they have LeBron James. Take him out of the lineup and this team would completely miss the playoffs.

Take LeBron and Love out of the lineup and this team would be lucky to win 10 games.

Thanks given by:
(2018-06-07, 11:24 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: I don't see why Lebron has to leave Cleveland or why he might even want to. They have a good team, they just need a few tweaks. 4 straight finals appearances...he's Lebron but not God. He can't do it all by himself no matter how good he is.

I think they'd need a lot more than a few tweaks.  It's certainly not impossible, but the moves required don't make it that far off.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-07, 10:57 AM)encore Wrote: I think for the Lakers to be a real threat next year, even with LeBron and George, they would need to completely overhaul that roster and bring in guys that are more reliable spot up shooters. The Lakers were the second worst three point shooting team in the NBA last year. They would absolutely be a playoff team, but I'm not so sure they'd compete with Golden State, or even be on the same level as Houston (assuming Paul comes back).

Houston are for some reason the odds-on favourite to sign LeBron, but I think that would be an awful idea considering him and Harden are both ball-dominant players. I'm not even sure where Chris Paul would factor into that, or if he would even come back as a free agent. Harden and LeBron sounds like possibly the worst superstar combination you could make.

Philly is another team that's been heavily discussed, but with all that's going on in their front office who knows if anyone wants to go there. Besides that though, Ben Simmons would' development would be stalled and he would be pretty much useless in any LeBron offense seeing as he can't shoot the ball.

I think a return to Cleveland actually makes a lot of sense for LeBron, but unfortunately they have so much money tied up in guys like Clarkson, Thompson, Nance, etc. that I'm not sure they'd be able to win a playoff series over a healthy Celtics or 76ers team next year. Miami wouldn't be a bad option either, especially since the Heat could offer up Whiteside + in any sign-and-trade deal.

I think LeBron should come to his senses and sign with the Raps.  A 59 win team with a generational talent sounds like a great idea!
Thanks given by:
LeBron said he'll listen to the Raptors pitch

Just don't go to the Lakers, that would be majorly lame. Clippers, hell yes, but not the Lakers
Thanks given by:
Kawhi would look good in purple and gold too!

Thanks given by:
He'd look best on the Raptors!
Thanks given by:
The Raptors Twitter account liked Shams’ tweet confirming the Kawhi news. Logic would indicate Kawhi -> Raptors.
Thanks given by:
Kawhi for Demar straight up?

Plan the press conference!
Thanks given by:
Dwight Howard traded to Brooklyn for Mozgov.

Weird trade. Mozgov has one of the worst contracts in the NBA and is pretty much unplayable, but Dwight is a black hole on offence and slows everything to a grinding halt. I can’t believe a team that gets Dwight in a trade actually wins the deal, but here we are.
Thanks given by:
Lots of talk the Raptors May move into a top ten spot tomorrow night for a shot at Gilgeous-Alexander. Would likely cost one of Lowry/Derozan, but Doug Smith thinks neither will be on the roster opening night.
Thanks given by:
I don't know anything about Alexander or whatever his name is. But if you're Ujiri you have to move Lowry and DeRozan, you can't win with those 2 as your "stars" they've proven it time and time again in the playoffs. 

But if your goal is to just make the playoffs and lose in the 1st round, then Lowry and DeRozan are your guys.

Thanks given by:
I’m sure there’s lots of money to be made by finishing 3rd/4th, winning a playoff round here and there, and fueling the hype machine. From a pure business perspective, continuining with the DD/Lowry core isn’t an awful idea. Barring something highly unrealistic like acquiring Lebron or Kawhi, the current iteration of the Raps aren’t winning anything.
Thanks given by:
I can't see anyone taking Ibaka. Lowry has a big contract, but only a few years left. Derozan is someone some teams may legitimately want. I could see a team taking a chance on Powell. JV I could see moving too, but the market for him is probably a handful of teams.

In an ideal world you'd dump Ibaka and bring on a legit superstar calibre player - then all of a sudden Lowry/Derzoan become your 2nd/3rd options (not necessarily in that order) and the Raptors become a legit threat for at least a few years.
Thanks given by:
Clippers are sending Austin Rivers to Washington for Marcin Gortat. As per Woj.
Thanks given by:
didn't think they would trade the son of the coach.
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
Paul George might stay in OKC now.
LeBron allegedly texting Durant about teaming up
Thanks given by:
I guess lebron is hedging his bets. If he can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Thanks given by: