Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Offseason
(2018-07-01, 07:45 PM)encore Wrote:
(2018-07-01, 07:39 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: If we can add Kawhi Leonard to this team, then this team imo would instantly be the favourite to win it all. LeBron is that good.

Kawhi’s health and ability to coexist with Lebron are major question marks. Lebron doesn’t exactly have a history of making those around him better. If they can play together, those might be the two best players in the NBA and that combination could be lethal. They still need shooters and they still need defence, because asking them to compete with GS is a lot. Simply adding two top 5 players isn’t gonna cut it. 

I did just see they signed KCP and that’s a strong addition and someone who can hit those open jumpers. Good start for the Lakers. Let’s see how they fill out the roster and what the potential Kawhi cost will be.

We'll see  Grin

Would love to see another Celtics/Lakers Finals just like the good old days.

Now that LeBron is out of the Conference, Boston's path to the Finals should be pretty easy. They only have to worry about one team -- the Sixers. And i think they match up well against them.

Thanks given by:
Yup, really excited for the rejuvenation of that great rivalry. Happy to get LeBron out of the East!
Thanks given by:
So where will Lonzo end up? No way Lebron is putting up with his asshat dad. He’s gotta go.
Thanks given by: thebest41587 , thebest41587
Didnt think he would go to the west conference

Need to trade ball now lol
Thanks given by:
Damn. I'm pretty excited. Showtime is back!!  Grin

Thanks given by:
Kobe doesn't turn 40 until August, and MJ played at 40. Just HOW excited is Kobe about this? Wink
Thanks given by:
Oh shit, Lakers get Stephenson.

Loving their moves today.
Thanks given by:
Now they get Javale McGee. Jeez the Lakeshow are gonna look different
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-01, 10:06 PM)encore Wrote: Now they get Javale McGee. Jeez the Lakeshow are gonna look different

Javale McGee is a piece of crap!
Thanks given by:
Stephenson and Lebron on same team haha
Thanks given by: thebest41587 , thebest41587
Poor Cavs, kyrie and now lebron gone. Wonder how far K Love can get them if he doesnt get traded
Thanks given by:
Lol the Raptors might actually make the finals now. Thank you LeBron for going west!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-02, 10:00 AM)bicboi Wrote: Lol the Raptors might actually make the finals now. Thank you LeBron for going west!

They certainly have a better chance (as does every team in the East), but I’d still personally rate the Raptors as quite a bit worse then the Celtics and 76ers. Both of those teams should be much better next year. Pending the summer moves, I’m not sure I can say the same for Toronto.
Thanks given by:
It'll be interesting to see if the Spurs and Lakers can make a deal. As of right now, that Lakers roster isn't a sure bet to even make the playoffs yet. They missed the playoffs by 12 games. That's a lot to overcome, especially when those teams they are chasing, haven't lost any pieces, or are making gains themselves.
Thanks given by:
I also don't want to hear how LeBron is "ring chasing". He just joined a roster with Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma as their 2 best players lol.

If he can give us a couple championships in his time with the Lake Show, i'd have to put him ahead of Jordan as the GOAT.

Thanks given by:
(2018-07-02, 10:32 AM)encore Wrote:
(2018-07-02, 10:00 AM)bicboi Wrote: Lol the Raptors might actually make the finals now. Thank you LeBron for going west!

They certainly have a better chance (as does every team in the East), but I’d still personally rate the Raptors as quite a bit worse then the Celtics and 76ers. Both of those teams should be much better next year. Pending the summer moves, I’m not sure I can say the same for Toronto.

Raps just had a 59 win season...and are coming back the same team.

I think saying the Raps are "quite a bit worse" may be overstating things.

Raps should be competing for tops in the East again.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-02, 11:46 AM)Chris D Wrote:

I have the Celtics ahead of the Raps for sure, a young team like the Sixers may experience some growing pains in basically Year 2 of success. Sophomore slump type deal, so I could see the Raps competing with the Sixers possibly. The Celtics younger players may experience that as well, but they should have Kyrie and Hayward to shoulder the load anyways to mitigate that. The Raps core is getting to that point where they need to do it now before age regression starts to set in (if it hasn't already for Lowry and Ibaka). Lowry will turn 33 during next season, and when he is playing well, they are even more dangerous IMO than when DeRozan is. 

I don't expect the Raptors to win 59 again, but I think right now they are probably a 50 win team again. Don't forget about Milwaukee either, they are potentially an up and coming team as well, and Washington with a full season of Wall (only played 41 games last year) should be better as well. I could see the Raptors end up anywhere from 2nd to 5th myself. Though I would bet on 2nd or 3rd more than 4th or 5th.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-02, 11:46 AM)Chris D Wrote:

I don’t think the Raptors are as bad as people think after their playoff defeat, but I don’t think they’re as good as some fans thought after their near-60 win season. Last year was a franchise best in terms of wins and they were embarrassed against a team that was very close to being beaten by the Pacers and a depleted Celtics. The Raptors have no back bone and are extremely mentally fragile. I don’t think their current roster is capable of beating the Celtics in a playoff series. 

These are the same Celtics with one of the best coaches in the NBA, some of the best young talent (Tatum, Brown), and with a trio of Irving, Hayward, and Horford that is superior to the Raptors trio. 

The Raptors I’m sure will win their 50 + games, but I don’t see what they have that puts them in the same league as Boston. As for the 76ers, I’m buying their stock too. Two of the best young players, a great secondary core of Saric and Redick, and a mostly unused 1OA pick in Fultz. I agree with thebest in that they may have growing pains, but I would count on them to be ready for the playoffs.
Thanks given by:
Rondo to the Lakers.

Might be a good choice for the second unit, but I don’t see him meshing well with Lebron.
Thanks given by:
They also just renounced Randle, making him a UFA. I feel like a power move is coming.

Thanks given by: