Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Offseason
(2018-09-27, 07:19 AM)encore Wrote:
(2018-09-27, 07:10 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: Anyone have experience with the NBA package or app where you get all the games? Worth it?

I'm trying to decide what I want to do for that this season. 

Last year I got NBA League Pass through my Bell subscription. The problem with it is that you don't get any Raptors games if you're in Canada and you also don't get any nationally televised games in the USA (so Thursday night TNT games, Sunday afternoon ABC, random ESPN/NBATV games). There's A LOT of nationally televised games in the USA. I think that if you get the NBA Gametime app then you get access to ALL games, but those Raptors/nationally televised games you have to wait 24 or 48 hours until they become available. It's a pretty shitty deal. I'm a Celtics fan and there's something like 27 or 28 games being nationally televised, so those are games I don't get live access too, and then you add in the games against the Raptors and already I'm missing out on a third of their games.

With all that said, if you already have TSN/Sportsnet/NBA TV then you're fine and will have access to everything if you also get NBA League Pass. That's what I had last year and it was great. I cut out cable this year though, so my options are much more limited. 

Of course there's also much cheaper, but maybe a little sketchier/more illegal options if you wanted to go down that road, but I don't think it's something I'm personally comfortable with.

Ok that's the only issue if you do not have cable then...I will have a combo of cable and NBA league pass (if I get it) so in theory I should see every single game (not like I'd have time for all of that....). That said even without cable, it's still a pretty good deal. You could always catch a raps game here or there at the bar or a friend's place. I just checked and at $144CAD it's not a bad deal even if you miss a chunk of games. Whether or not they include playoffs would be a deciding factor for me personally. and from a cursory glance it seems playoff games are not included.
Thanks given by:
I don't think playoff games are included.

I think when you consider that games are immediately put on the service after they're done it's a pretty good deal.

With cable and NBA League Pass you should theoretically get access to every game. Though I'm not sure if you have all the TSN channels and NBA TV because there's always games on those.

If you're a Raptors fan without cable, NBA League Pass is pretty pointless as EVERY Raps game is blacked out. But with cable, you're golden.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-14, 11:18 AM)encore Wrote: I don't think playoff games are included.

I think when you consider that games are immediately put on the service after they're done it's a pretty good deal.

With cable and NBA League Pass you should theoretically get access to every game. Though I'm not sure if you have all the TSN channels and NBA TV because there's always games on those.

If you're a Raptors fan without cable, NBA League Pass is pretty pointless as EVERY Raps game is blacked out. But with cable, you're golden.

You can get around that with a VPN.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-26, 08:20 AM)Unreal Wrote:
(2018-10-14, 11:18 AM)encore Wrote: I don't think playoff games are included.

You can get around that with a VPN.

I’m clueless with that stuff Sad
Thanks given by: