Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Playoffs Thread
Playoffs start today with the Warriors and Spurs at 3, followed by Toronto and Washington. 

Hopefully we get a more entertaining playoffs then last season's. 

Cleveland is weaker then last year, and the Warriors have a legitimate rival in the West now, so I don't think we'll see anyone cruising their way to the finals this year.
Thanks given by:
Cavs need to get their shit together or they could be enjoying their Summer early. The Pacers are no joke.
Thanks given by:
helluva a game between Boston and Milwaukee yesterday....Milwaukee tied it with a 3 pt buzzer beater...had to inbounds and get the shot off with only .5 of a second. Milwaukee ended up losing in OT...but it was a nice run they went to get back into it...down like 10 points with like 4 minutes left.

think Milwaukee got screwed a bit, with a jump ball, that got called a foul (two refs called it different), pretty much iced the game at that point for Boston.
Thanks given by:
Boston is going to be a really tough out.

They're down their two best players (and Smart), but they're depth is pretty incredible and they have the best coach in the East.

I don't expect them to get too far, simply because they don't have any star power, but a series win or two would be a pretty positive result considering their injuries.
Thanks given by:
Forget Cleveland the Raptors biggest obstacle to the finals is Philly.
Thanks given by:
Ben Simmons had a killer game but Philly loses to Miami, series tied at 1-1.

Durant and Thompson's put up 30+ each to take a 2-0 lead over the Spurs even if Leonard came back, can't seem San Antonio winning this series Sad
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like Kawhi is done in San Antonio. So weird for all this drama to come out of that organization.
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-17, 05:08 AM)encore Wrote: Sounds like Kawhi is done in San Antonio. So weird for all this drama to come out of that organization.

I wonder where he ends up?

Thanks given by:
I know Boston is always talked about as being a landing spot anytime a big name player comes up in trade talks, simply because of all the assets they have. I'm guessing San Antonio would want one of, if not both, Tatum or Brown, which I'm not sure they'd be open to.

The Celtics had a nice win last night. Terry Rozier had another big game and is showing that he might deserve a starting spot at some point in the near future.
Thanks given by:
This kid Donovan Mitchell for the Jazz is something special alright
Thanks given by:
Joel Embiid is good to go tonight
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-18, 05:24 AM)encore Wrote: I know Boston is always talked about as being a landing spot anytime a big name player comes up in trade talks, simply because of all the assets they have. I'm guessing San Antonio would want one of, if not both, Tatum or Brown, which I'm not sure they'd be open to.

The Celtics had a nice win last night. Terry Rozier had another big game and is showing that he might deserve a starting spot at some point in the near future.

Dream scenario is the Lakers trade for Kawhi, then sign LeBron in the offseason.

LeBron + Kawhi = championship team.

Thanks given by:
I'm loving the 76'ers! They're gonna be a dominate team for a decade IF they (Embiid) can stay healthy
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-20, 10:45 AM)Canuxxx Wrote:
(2018-04-18, 05:24 AM)encore Wrote: I know Boston is always talked about as being a landing spot anytime a big name player comes up in trade talks, simply because of all the assets they have. I'm guessing San Antonio would want one of, if not both, Tatum or Brown, which I'm not sure they'd be open to.

Dream scenario is the Lakers trade for Kawhi, then sign LeBron in the offseason.

I can see Kawhi going to the LAL. He's from LA and they've got a lot of young assets they can either build around or flip for prospects. I'm guessing Ingram would be a definite part of the return. Maybe Lonzo, but I dunno if Pop would want him.
Thanks given by:
Cleveland trailing Indy 2 - 1! Wow!

They're used to sweeping the first 2 - 3 rounds

If they lose & LeBron leaves I will lose all respect for him
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-20, 08:52 PM)CTS Wrote: Cleveland trailing Indy 2 - 1!    Wow!

They are also used to being the top seed and facing the weakest of the playoff teams first.

They aren't as good as they used to be.

Indiana was only 2 games behind Cleveland in the standings. Not surprised it's a close series...or that Indiana is leading
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-20, 03:52 PM)encore Wrote:
(2018-04-20, 10:45 AM)Canuxxx Wrote:

I can see Kawhi going to the LAL. He's from LA and they've got a lot of young assets they can either build around or flip for prospects. I'm guessing Ingram would be a definite part of the return. Maybe Lonzo, but I dunno if Pop would want him.

I really hope we don't see another team up with Kawhi if he leaves.

It'd be nice to see him go to some random club
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
The last time I had checked in the Cavs were up by like 16.
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-20, 09:22 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2018-04-20, 08:52 PM)CTS Wrote: Cleveland trailing Indy 2 - 1!    Wow!

They are also used to being the top seed and facing the weakest of the playoff teams first.

That's not really true. Since LeBron has been back with Cleveland (four seasons), they've only been the top seed once. 

Cleveland's just not a good team. They've got the best player in the world, but that can only take you so far when the rest of the isn't on the same page. LeBron is gonna have to turn it up for every game the rest of the way, because I don't think anyone else on that team can elevate their games to the level that's required. Love and Smith can always get hot, but their defense also crumbles in crucial moments. 

To be fair, Cleveland lost to Bojan Bogdanovich who had a killer night. They contained Oladipo, so last night was an anomaly. But a win's a win and Game 3 is going to be a must-win for Cleveland.
Thanks given by:
If anyone still thinks LeBron isn't the MVP,   think again.

Harden can have a bad game like he did in game 1 & the Rockets still win by 20.    Unless LeBron plays the game of his life,  the Cavs will lose by 20
Thanks given by: