Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Playoffs Thread
In the truest sense of the word, LeBron is definitely the most 'valuable'.

I think Harden's got the award locked up though. It almost always goes to a player on one of the best teams in the league, which Cleveland isn't.
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-21, 10:23 AM)CTS Wrote: If anyone still thinks LeBron isn't the MVP,   think again.

Harden can have a bad game like he did in game 1 & the Rockets still win by 20.    Unless LeBron plays the game of his life,  the Cavs will lose by 20

Game 2, LeBron scored 46....they won by 3.

Game 1, they only scored 80.

Like you say...if LeBron isn't being LeBron...Cavs lose.
Thanks given by:
What is the deal with the Cavs inability to build a proper roster? I mean they have good players when you look at the roster
Thanks given by:
I saw the following this morning, before Simmons triple double today.

Unreal start to his playoff career:

Ben Simmons is the first player since Magic Johnson in 1980 to produce totals of at least 50 points, 25 rebounds, and 25 assists in the first three playoff games of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-21, 04:22 PM)CTS Wrote: What is the deal with the Cavs inability to build a proper roster?    I mean they have good players when you look at the roster

Many of their good players are past their prime. George Hill, Kyle Korver , JR Smith, Jose Calderon even Kevin Love were all much better 3-4 years ago, These are guys on the downside of their careers while none of their young guys are stud players.
There's no Kyrie, Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh to help LeBron this year.
Thanks given by:
The Pelicans just swept Portland.

I had Portland winning, but am shocked that they didn't even put up much of a fight. Anthony Davis was a beast in Game 4. They'll likely get Golden State next round.
Thanks given by:
The Bucks put on a show today, amazing transition game and defense. They started off really slow but then took over.
Thanks given by:
San Antonio avoids the sweep
Thanks given by:
Houston score 50 points in the 3rd quarter of game 4 against Minnesota. The TWolves should be embarrassed.
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-23, 09:12 PM)duediligence Wrote: Houston score 50 points in the 3rd quarter of game 4 against Minnesota. The TWolves should be embarrassed.

They're young & just glad to be here. Made the playoffs the last game of the season

I expect them to improve next season & be a powerhouse for years to come. Like Philly
Thanks given by:
That's a pretty sweet man bun Ricky Rubio is rocking.   
Hard look to pull off!
Thanks given by:
I just can't get into the rockets/wolves series. So boring. Utah/OKC on the other hand has some heat to it.
Thanks given by:
I can't believe OKC is down 3 - 1. Westbrook eating some crow today. Is Utah really this good? OKC was my darkhorse team. I really wanted to see an OKC - Golden State match up
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't mind seeing OKC being ducked out early again just so we don't have to see ol' 'crooked arse' out there Russell Westbrook getting into scrums & then making up more excuses in the postgame interviews after...Lol
Thanks given by:
i can't stand Westbrook so I'm rooting Utah all the way. What a great series, and they're a dangerous team.

Celts/Bucks last night was a really good game, very close til the end. I am no celtics fan but they've got the edge for sure in that series I think.
Thanks given by:
Having Marcus Smart back was a huge bonus for the Celtics. He might be the best man-to-man defender in the NBA.

The Celtics also got extremely lucky with an awful no-call on what should have been a shot clock violation in the last couple minutes. They are likely winning regardless, but still, that was an awful miss. I suspect Milwaukee will win at home, and then the Celtics take it in 7 in Boston.
Thanks given by:
Yes I forgot to mention the non call on the shot clock violation, that was super blatant. I was surprised as I thought they could go back and rescind it somehow, but I guess not.
Thanks given by:
A lot of these lower seeded teams are giving the top teams hell!

Great playoffs so far
Thanks given by:
LeBron wins it at the buzzer while the Thunder have given up & are mailing it in

Disgusting effort on their part. Bye bye Paul George. OKCgambled & lost huge
Thanks given by:
Kind of surprised OKC is doing so poorly against Utah.
Thanks given by: