Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Playoffs Thread
Crap...

Frickin LeBron...moving on
Thanks given by:
Yup - guessing the series starts Tuesday.

Its going to be a super fun series to watch.
Thanks given by:
Too bad refs are afraid to call charges on LeBron....like...ever.
Thanks given by:
It's going to be the Raps vs LeBron & the Cavs for a 3rd straight year in the playoffs.
Thanks given by:
With a different outcome more likely (hopefully).
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-29, 02:53 PM)Chris D Wrote: Too bad refs are afraid to call charges on LeBron....like...ever.

Or anything lol.

He had at least 2 MAJOR flops today that they fell for, and had a goaltend called where he was the shooter, but when he's the offender, it's not called.

I remember at one time where Manu Ginobili was despised for his flopping, I think LeBron is in that same category or even worse after what I saw today.
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-29, 02:56 PM)ckendall Wrote: It's going to be the Raps vs LeBron & the Cavs for a 3rd straight year in the playoffs.

There really aren't any other Cavs, this year. Which is why I really think the Raptors are finally going to beat LeBron in a playoff series.
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by: ckendall
I think TN13 should be suspended for this series.

I have no idea what he got suspended for this time - I missed whatever happened.
Thanks given by:
It pains me to say it but Scary Terry’s gotta be a starter somewhere next season. No way he will start with Kyrie, and the Celtics can’t afford to pay a bench player the $20 million+ he deserves
Thanks given by:
To no one's surprise, it looks like the Rockets and Warriors are gonna make quick work of their opponents, setting up what should be a pretty awesome WCF.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-01, 07:22 AM)encore Wrote: It pains me to say it but Scary Terry’s gotta be a starter somewhere next season. No way he will start with Kyrie, and the Celtics can’t afford to pay a bench player the $20 million+ he deserves

So next year when everyone's healthy, who's going to come off the bench between Brown, Tatum and Hayward?

As for Rozier, he looks like a mini Kyrie Irving out there

Thanks given by:
I guess it's possible they all start.

Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford

That's a pretty small lineup that is gonna get bullied defensively though. I think Tatum would be the one to come off the bench, putting in a tougher/bigger defender, like maybe a Baynes or a Marcus Morris, or someone else they sign.

The Celtics are gonna be in a pickle in regards to their cap though. It's probably gonna come down to Rozier or Smart. Rozier is probably the better overall player, but he's likely gonna demand more money and a bigger role. I get the feeling Smart is fine with his defensive stopper/bench role. We'll see what Danny does.
Thanks given by:
I love this Celtics team so much
Thanks given by:
The Celtics are just a fun team to watch. I love watching them. Tatum is going to be a star in this league.

Thanks given by:
Thought Philly had it in the bag when they were up 20+ points in the 1st half... so much for that lol
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-03, 10:05 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: The Celtics are just a fun team to watch. I love watching them. Tatum is going to be a star in this league.

Agreed. As much as I like Brown, I think Tatum has superstar potential and could be a top 5-10 player in the next three years or so.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-04, 12:38 AM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Thought Philly had it in the bag when they were up 20+ points in the 1st half... so much for that lol

There is no such thing as a basketball game being in the bag in the first half.
Thanks given by:
Especially against the Celtics. They had the most come-from-behind wins in the NBA this season, and a lot of those were against really good teams like Houston and Golden State.

Brad Stevens is great at making adjustments and the Celtics young guys aren't scared of the moment. Putting Irving and Hayward on this Celtics team, and that's quite easily the best team in the East IMO.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-03, 11:29 AM)encore Wrote: I guess it's possible they all start.

Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford

That's a pretty small lineup that is gonna get bullied defensively though. I think Tatum would be the one to come off the bench, putting in a tougher/bigger defender, like maybe a Baynes or a Marcus Morris, or someone else they sign. 

I think Tatum is a special player. I think when everyone's healthy, I think the player that needs to come off the bench is either Brown or Hayward. Or maybe trade one of Hayward or Brown for a PF.

Thanks given by:
Love watching this Celtics team. Brad Stevens is a genius!! 3-0!

Thanks given by: