Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Playoffs Thread
I don't think this should even be a debate to be honest lol. Jordan is like Kobe on steroids. He's that good. 

If he didn't retire early in the 90's, the Bulls probably would've also won the 94 and 95 NBA championship. Jordan's Bulls > Hakeem's Rockets. Let's be honest. So we probably would be talking about him as an 8 time champion.

And if he didn't retire after the 98 season, he probably would've won at least 1 more lol.

Thanks given by:
Just looking at jordan's stats. He led the league in PPG in a stretch of 10 of 11 years. Lebron has done it once, like 10 years ago.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 11:31 AM)encore Wrote: It’s hard to compare them because there’s never been a player like LeBron. There’s been plenty of MJ wannabes (Kobe and Wade as recent examples), but there’s never been a player with the talent, the size advantage, and the athleticism.

(2018-05-18, 11:44 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: Just looking at jordan's stats.  He led the league in PPG in a stretch of 10 of 11 years.  Lebron has done it once, like 10 years ago.

The league has changed a lot since then.

James may not score like Jordan did, but he's a better rebounder and a lot better at getting everyone else involved.

Interestingly, after 15 seasons in the league LeBron's VORP is 124.9 to Jordan's 104.4 (though to be fair that includes two seasons with Washington in his late 30s).

If you look at their Top 10 seasons, James is ahead 93.4 to 92.2.  That gulf is probably going to get wider as James seems to have at least 2-3 Top 10 seasons left in him.

I'm inclined to take Jordan, but I'm biased. Objectively, it's really hard to say.  James has turned awful teams into legit contenders.  The Cavaliers weren't a great team when he led them to the Finals at 22, and they fell off a cliff when he left.  Even the current team would finish out of the playoffs if it weren't for him.

I can't say Jordan has ever done the same.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 11:44 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: Just looking at jordan's stats.  He led the league in PPG in a stretch of 10 of 11 years.  Lebron has done it once, like 10 years ago.

He also developed in to one of the best defenders in the game (winning the defensive player of the year award).

Every bit as "clutch" as LeBron is as well.
Thanks given by:
LeBron is like Jordan, but 60 Lbs. heavier & a couple inches taller.

It's amazing a man that size is as good as he is

I was young when Jordan played & didn't follow basketball like I do now. The whose better debate is closer than some think. It's Jordan's championships that set them apart. For now
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 09:37 PM)CTS Wrote: LeBron is  like Jordan,   but 60 Lbs. heavier & a couple inches taller.

I was young when Jordan played & didn't follow basketball like I do now.   The whose better debate is closer than some think.    It's Jordan's championships that set them apart.    For now

They do, but I think it's weighted unfairly.

James has three championships and has been to 7 Finals in a row (8 total) - at least a few of those teams probably didn't belong there.

If James had Jordan calibre teams his entire career, how many would he have won?
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-19, 10:46 AM)Unreal Wrote:
(2018-05-18, 09:37 PM)CTS Wrote: LeBron is  like Jordan,   but 60 Lbs. heavier & a couple inches taller.

I was young when Jordan played & didn't follow basketball like I do now.   The whose better debate is closer than some think.    It's Jordan's championships that set them apart.    For now

They do, but I think it's weighted unfairly.

James has three championships and has been to 7 Finals in a row (8 total) - at least a few of those teams probably didn't belong there.

If James had Jordan calibre teams his entire career, how many would he have won?

The only team that didn't belong was the 2007 Cavs team. The team that got swept by the Spurs in the Finals. All the other LeBron's Finals team were loaded.

2011-14 he played with the Heat. Played with two all stars in Bosh and Wade. The Heat went to 4 straight Finals appearances. They went 2-2, could've been 1-3 if not for Ray Allen's clutch shot in 2013. The 2 losses were against Dallas in 2011 and the Spurs in 2014. The Heat were the favourite in both those series. 

2015-2017 - He had Love and Irving. Cavs were the best team in the East by far during those 3 years.

Thanks given by:
Cavs get on the board with a huge game 3 win
Thanks given by:
NBA gives the Cavs a huge break with having 4 days between games. That rest definitely helps an older team like the Cavs. Game 4 will be much closer and the winner of that game will win the series.
Thanks given by:
Houston looks like a D League team compared to GS
Thanks given by: