Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Playoffs Thread
Excited to get started today. 

I think the East could go a few different ways. Miwaukee is deservedly the favourite, but I'm not counting out Toronto or Boston, and to a lesser extent Philly. Boston and Philly have the most talent, but the Celtics have underperformed all year and Philly has some major injury concerns, and I'm still not sold on their mid-season acquisitions. 

The Warriors should still come out of the West, but Denver has been great this year. Houston and OKC are solid too, but their styles don't bode well in the playoffs typically.
Thanks given by:
Orlando and Brooklyn both upset the 2 and 7 seeds to open their series'. Wouldn't be surprised if one, or both, complete the upset. Personally, I think Brooklyn is going to beat Philly and I'll be thrilled to see it happen. A team that hasn't been built through high draft picks or getting lucky in free agency.

Indiana and Boston should be a fun series. I think it goes 7.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-13, 12:30 PM)encore Wrote: Excited to get started today. 

I think the East could go a few different ways. Miwaukee is deservedly the favourite, but I'm not counting out Toronto or Boston, and to a lesser extent Philly. Boston and Philly have the most talent, but the Celtics have underperformed all year and Philly has some major injury concerns, and I'm still not sold on their mid-season acquisitions. 

The Warriors should still come out of the West, but Denver has been great this year. Houston and OKC are solid too, but their styles don't bode well in the playoffs typically.

Milwaukee will roll over all teams in the east. Houston and GS will meet in the west final and its a toss up. And the Bucks will beat the winner in 6.
Thanks given by:
Impossible for the Rockets and Warriors to meet in the West Final because they're in the same bracket. They likely will play each other in the 2nd round. I don't think a one man team like the Rockets can beat a powerhouse team like the Warriors.

I still think the Warriors are the team to beat this year. Milwaukee looked good last night but they played a team missing their best player.

Thanks given by:
Clippers over came a HUGE deficit last night to come back & beat Golden State!
Thanks given by:
I wish I watched it.

The Clippers are a fun team. They've got some guys on that team, like Beverley and Harrell, who just will never give up. Love those kinds of guys.
Thanks given by:
Although I still like the Dubs in that series, I could see it maybe going 6 or 7 games with the Clippers. Wow.
Thanks given by:
I sat down to watch the game around half time, Warriors had a 20 some point lead.

Changed channel, game over I thought
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-16, 04:19 PM)encore Wrote: I wish I watched it.

The Clippers are a fun team. They've got some guys on that team, like Beverley and Harrell, who just will never give up. Love those kinds of guys.

I love Doc Rivers speeches in the locker room.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-16, 09:29 PM)CTS Wrote: I sat down to watch the game around half time,   Warriors had a 20 some point lead.

Changed  channel,   game over I thought

Clippers outscored Warriors 72-37 in the final 20...

Surprising to say the least
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to the Raps and Magic tonight, should be a good one. I think the Magic aren't a match, but maybe they can push them a bit.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-18, 12:24 PM)Stevie_Y Wrote: Looking forward to the Raps and Magic tonight, should be a good one. I think the Magic aren't a match, but maybe they can push them a bit.

That’s tomorrow night. I think the Magic will give Toronto a little pushback. I expect a better effort.
Thanks given by:
I really hate how the NBA has 2 days off between games
Thanks given by:
I'm pulling for the Nets to beat the 76ers, but they just completely let Game 4 get away from them. Some really sloppy basketball, costly turnovers, and instead of it being 2-2, they're on the brink of elimination down 3-1. Too bad. Series not over, but lots of work to do.
Thanks given by: