Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Off-Season
Don't forget gramatica
Thanks given by:
Which one lol.
Thanks given by:
Jimmy Garrapolo signs with the 49ers for 5 years - $137M.

I don't know how much is guaranteed but, wow!
Thanks given by:
137.5 million, roughly 90 million over first 3 years, which I'm assuming will almost all be guaranteed.

With Brees, Cousins, and possibly Rodgers, and Ryan looking for new deals, that's a ton of dough for a guy with 7 career starts (he is 7-0).
Thanks given by:
Wow!  7 starts and he gets the biggest contract in history. 

Is he that good?  I don't think I watched any of his starts with the 49ers.
Thanks given by:
The way he's played, he's definitely an above average starting QB in the NFL IMO. 2 4th quarter comebacks in his 5 starts with the 49ers this year too.

His completion percentage in those 5 games, would've ranked 4th in the league this year. His QB rating would've ranked 9th.
Thanks given by:
Saw this stat comparison on Twitter

Last 6 games

Player A

67.4% completion rate
1565 total yards
7 TD
5 INT
96.2 QB rating

Player B

65.1% completion rate
1305 total yards
9 TD
2 INT
96.2 QB rating

Player A is Garoppolo

Player B is Kaepernick

How Kaepernick has been treated is a complete disgrace.
Thanks given by:
I wonder if he has any regret?
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 12:30 PM)Heisenberg Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 10:41 AM)25YearRebuild Wrote: Scumbag move by McDaniels.  But, not surprising.  After all, he's a Patriot and most Patriots are scumbags.

You know, I hate the Patriots more than most, but I really thought Gronk was a likeable guy, but even he showed his true colours this past season, so now there isn’t really anyone left to admire. Maybe Gostkowski?  I mean, who hates on a kicker?  (Except for maybe Vanderjagt)

Ray Wersching used to bug me. Never looked up at the posts.

And Frank Corral had a personal vendetta against me, I'm sure of it.
Shittiest kicker in the history of the LA Rams.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 06:00 PM)Cornholio Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 12:30 PM)Heisenberg Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 10:41 AM)25YearRebuild Wrote: Scumbag move by McDaniels.  But, not surprising.  After all, he's a Patriot and most Patriots are scumbags.

You know, I hate the Patriots more than most, but I really thought Gronk was a likeable guy, but even he showed his true colours this past season, so now there isn’t really anyone left to admire. Maybe Gostkowski?  I mean, who hates on a kicker?  (Except for maybe Vanderjagt)

Ray Wersching used to bug me. Never looked up at the posts.

And Frank Corral had a personal vendetta against me, I'm sure of it.
Shittiest kicker in the history of the LA Rams.

I don't know how that guy could kick with a bare foot especially in the cold weather.
Thanks given by: Cornholio
SF just paid Jimmy an insane amount of money

Finally my Niners look to be on the up and up
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 03:35 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: The way he's played, he's definitely an above average starting QB in the NFL IMO. 2 4th quarter comebacks in his 5 starts with the 49ers this year too.

His completion percentage in those 5 games, would've ranked 4th in the league this year. His QB rating would've ranked 9th.

The problem with this is that all his starts this year were basically in garbage time. Teams were taking the niners lightly, and there was zero pressure to win. 

He has looked really good, but that is one hell of a risk they are taking...there is going to be pressure next season, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Kirk Cousins must be licking his chops now about the payday he’s about to get.
Thanks given by:
The 49ers had their hands tied.

With the way the market for QBs works, it doesn't really matter how good you are. Once you've established yourself as a quality starting QB, you're going to get paid. Matt Stafford was the highest paid player just last year. I'm sure Jimmy's reign atop that list isn't going to last long either. The 49ers realistically had two options:

1.) Sign him now.

2.) Franchise him and then risk paying him more money next season.

Obviously seven starts is a small sample size, but the 49ers think they have their man.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Meh. Bring it on. Silly

I envy the amount of cap space the 49ers have, but that's about it.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-09, 11:50 AM)Cornholio Wrote: Meh. Bring it on. Silly

I envy the amount of cap space the 49ers have, but that's about it.

They have a defense that will be in the top 5 next season
Thanks given by:
Well they weren't very good this past season. Finished 20-22nd in the league in most stat categories, except for average rushing yrds/attempt, where they did quite well.
Of course, that may have been due to junk time defending.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/...asontype/2
Thanks given by:
AJ McCarron wins his grievance and becomes a UFA, adding another name to consider in the QB market.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 04:49 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Saw this stat comparison on Twitter

Last 6 games

Player A

67.4% completion rate
1565 total yards
7 TD
5 INT
96.2 QB rating

Player B

65.1% completion rate
1305 total yards
9 TD
2 INT
96.2 QB rating

Player A is Garoppolo

Player B is Kaepernick

How Kaepernick has been treated is a complete disgrace.
Thanks given by:
Kap made his bed, let him lie in it. When you piss off your owner, you suffer the consequences. Kap opted out of his contract thinking the grass was greener elsewhere. He should have had his agent find out if there was any love for him with another team before he walked away from the money. He may be a better QB than some that are out there but owners don't want the noise that will come from signing him. He may be right in thinking he is getting blackballed, but how can you force someone to take on a cancer? I for one will be happy when I don't have to hear or read about him anymore.
Thanks given by: