Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Playoffs
Too soon
Thanks given by:
As a long time Patriots fan, Firstly the Boston Patriots then, now as the New England Patriots would this be a good mission statement...........

Cheat to win!!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Narcotics Anonymous
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-21, 05:54 PM)encore Wrote:
(2019-01-21, 05:51 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2019-01-21, 05:10 PM)Chris D Wrote: its not THAT much of an advantage.  

stop them, then you get your chance.

let them run down the field like Brady did...you deserve to lose.

Chiefs showed no ability to stop Brady.

Ya, and the Pats showed no ability to stop Mahomes in the second half. KC has one of the most prolific offences we've ever seen. But we didn't get to see it.

THAT, is stupid and should be considered a black eye on the league.

Agreed. We can talk about how "Well the Chiefs should've stopped Brady" all we want, but there's absolutely nothing to indicate the Patriots would have been able to stop Mahomes either. 

Like I said earlier, would it be fair if it was the ALCS, Red Sox and Yankees, tie game going into extra innings in Game 7, and since the Red Sox are on the road Mookie Betts bats first and hits a homerun to win the game, not even giving the Yankees offence a chance?

Yes. 

In that specific situation it would be TOTALLY fair.

Totally! Cool
Thanks given by: encore
If you give both teams a shot you still have to make a stop at some point to win. if only one teams gets a shot you never know. Coin flip is dumb.
Thanks given by:
The CFL is an awful game, but the one thing I like about that league is their OT format.  The NFL should adopt something similar.
Thanks given by:
As far a sI know, everyone other league at every level uses that format now. The NFL is the last holdout.
Thanks given by:
What exactly is that format?
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
The “shoot out”. Each team gets at least 1 possession from the 25 (it may be the 35 in the CFL?) and you basically go possesion to possesion until the tie is broken.

It can lead to extremely padded stats though if the teams keep going TD for TD! But the NFL is the only league I know of that doesn’t use it. It’s been the college format for as long as I can remember, CFL adopted it a few years back.
Thanks given by:
Chiefs fire Bob Sutton.   Just a little too late unfortunately

Lots of Chiefs fans hoping Rex Ryan will be new D coordinator.   Not sure about that

He was good 8 years ago
Thanks given by:
Yeah, saw that too. KC D can only be better next year, then look out in the playoffs whoever plays them
Thanks given by:
(5 hours ago)CTS Wrote: Chiefs fire Bob Sutton.   Just a little too late unfortunately

Lots of Chiefs fans hoping Rex Ryan will be new D coordinator.   Not sure about that

He was good 8 years ago

When he took over in Buffalo, he was handed the keys to the 2nd ranked defence in the league, and had bungled it down to like the # 25 defence by the time he left.  2 seasons later, and McDermott has them back up to #2 in YPG again.  These are the results of a guy who is supposed to be a defensive guru.  

The Chiefs would be wise to stay far, far away from Ryan.
Thanks given by:
(8 hours ago)Heisenberg Wrote: The “shoot out”. Each team gets at least 1 possession from the 25 (it may be the 35 in the CFL?) and you basically go possesion to possesion until the tie is broken.

It can lead to extremely padded stats though if the teams keep going TD for TD!  But the NFL is the only league I know of that doesn’t use it.  It’s been the college format for as long as I can remember, CFL adopted it a few years back.

This is miles more fair than the stupid formula used by the NFL.

Do they still do a coin toss to determine direction? Or do they both play towards the same endzone?
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
Rex Ryan comes across as a dummy on TV.

They should hire Tony Romo as their D coordinator.  Laugh   He seemed to know exactly what the Pats were going to do right before every play.
Thanks given by:
If you're looking for a guy that's a former Bills coach, Perry Fewell is probably a better bet than Rex Ryan.
Thanks given by:
(5 hours ago)25YearRebuild Wrote: Rex Ryan comes across as a dummy on TV.

They should hire Tony Romo as their D coordinator.  Laugh   He seemed to know exactly what the Pats were going to do right before every play.

Romo sure seemed to be bang on interpreting (predicting?) what would/should be the play based on what the D formation showed.

Maybe he should be the new Cowboys O coordinator. They 'parted ways' with Scott Linehan.
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
Romo's been excellent since he got hired. That wasn't the first game where he was calling the play out before the ball was snapped. He's a smart guy, you can tell that he does his homework watching videos to the point where he's got the formations memorized for both teams. On Sunday even went back to say they've only ran that particular formation a couple of times this season. To be that precise about it is quite remarkable.

Lime, Romo would make an excellent OC, as would Peyton Manning.
Thanks given by: