Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Week 15 Thread
Remember when the Vikes started 5-0 & were tied with New England? And people actually debated which of the two teams was better?

Welp...

Laugh
Thanks given by:
Richard Sherman has a monstrous ego, but at least it wasn't too big to not apologize

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richar...rontation/
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-21, 12:11 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Richard Sherman has a monstrous ego, but at least it wasn't too big to not apologize

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richar...rontation/

He went too far, he knew it minutes after that. He did apologize and he offered to apologize in person to the reporter. 

Bigger concern for the Seahawks is that he's had a couple of blowups on the sidelines this year. That's never a good a sign but the Seahawks have been able to handle players that push the boundaries. Percy Harvin and Marshawn Lynch were given a lot of flexibility as well.

Sherman does back up the talk. He's been selected to another pro-bowl.
Thanks given by:
Sherman is a fantastic player, no doubt about that.
Thanks given by:
That was as forced an apology I've seen in a while. Sherman is a terrific player but less so of a human it appears. What a shitty thing to say to someone.
Thanks given by: thebest41587
Shady,

I definitely think that someone got to Sherman the minute or two after that exchange with the reporter took place. Sherman is a cerebral, opinionated individual who rarely backs off his position. I think the P.R. guy had a chat and Sherman realized he was way off base. I think when people apologize and it's forced they usually do the minimum. Here Sherman was willing to meet the reporter and do it in person. That rarely happens when it's a forced apology.

Compare that to Sherman's position with their offensive coordinator and their differences where Sherman hasn't backed off of his position or the Michael Crabtree rant from a few years ago.

Usually Sherman is quite insightful during his press conferences. He does go after Goodell any chance he gets but backs up his thoughts.

Personally I wish the guy would just play, comment on social issues instead of these blowups that we've seen. That goes for any other NFL player as well.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. My comment was also fuelled by a general dislike for the Seahawks. Silly
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-19, 04:27 PM)ckendall Wrote: Remember when the Vikes started 5-0 & were tied with New England? And people actually debated which of the two teams was better?

Welp...

Laugh

Laugh Laugh
 "It was me father, I killed the Dahlia" 

Thanks given by: ckendall
Stinky puffed up Giants getting spanked....HA!
Thanks given by:
Someone is bitter about getting spanked down by the gmen twice in one season heh
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-16, 03:56 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 02:41 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 11:01 AM)Cornholio Wrote: Still pretty pissed.
The Rams secondary should be shot. The front six controlled the line of scrimmage pretty much the entire game (Rawls 21 carries; 34 yrds), and applied a steady pass rush. Horse &*^% on third downs, thanks to the defensive backfield. It's been that way the whole season.

Pete Carrol can eat it for that fake punt at that time of the game and at that score. Ryan got knocked cold at the end of the play. He looked like one of those Family Guy poses (unconscious, lying prone on the ground, arm resting behind back)

I thought that was pretty bush league too. It's Carrol and the Seahawks though so I'm not surprised.

I think the bad blood goes both ways. This fake punt was more of a response back to what Johnny Heker did in taking a personal foul on Cliff Avril in one of the previous meetings. Fake punts and passing or running is what Hekker has done to the Seahawks in the past. The other way is just to rough up Hekker and that isn't good either.

This link works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKNbFShCC0Y

Hey guys, no comments about the Chiefs running up the score on the Broncos with a trick play?

At least the Seahawks on the special teams were responding to Hekker's cheap shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcuenyI-PKM

The link will work because the NFL may block their content if the video doesn't run.

Thanks given by:
I don't think I personally have an issue with teams running up scores.
Thanks given by:
As a fan I wouldn't really care either. Although I'd probably feel differently as a player on the losing team.
Thanks given by:
I've never seen the need for it.
Thanks given by:
I think it's an open invitation for retribution, if not for later in the game, certainly in the next.
49ers hand the ball off to Guy McIntyre in a playoff game: next year Fridge Perry gets in a few runs.

It's a slap in the face, I tells ya. And players have long memories.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-27, 10:07 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 03:56 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 02:41 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 11:01 AM)Cornholio Wrote: Still pretty pissed.
The Rams secondary should be shot. The front six controlled the line of scrimmage pretty much the entire game (Rawls 21 carries; 34 yrds), and applied a steady pass rush. Horse &*^% on third downs, thanks to the defensive backfield. It's been that way the whole season.

Pete Carrol can eat it for that fake punt at that time of the game and at that score. Ryan got knocked cold at the end of the play. He looked like one of those Family Guy poses (unconscious, lying prone on the ground, arm resting behind back)

I thought that was pretty bush league too. It's Carrol and the Seahawks though so I'm not surprised.

I think the bad blood goes both ways. This fake punt was more of a response back to what Johnny Heker did in taking a personal foul on Cliff Avril in one of the previous meetings. Fake punts and passing or running is what Hekker has done to the Seahawks in the past. The other way is just to rough up Hekker and that isn't good either.

This link works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKNbFShCC0Y

Hey guys, no comments about the Chiefs running up the score on the Broncos with a trick play?

At least the Seahawks on the special teams were responding to Hekker's cheap shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcuenyI-PKM

The link will work because the NFL may block their content if the video doesn't run.

I don't think it was "running up the score", as much as it was just putting the nail in the coffin..

they were up by 17 prior...but you never know what could happen (I know, uncatchable with 2 minutes left to play...but still)

what about Pats smushing the Jets 41-3...no cries of running up the score there?
Thanks given by:
Chris...... there was 1:55 left in the 4th quarter and the Cheifs were UP by 17 points. That is already the definition of out of reach. Then they run a trick play.

The Chiefs had no reason to run up the score and there is nothing wrong with that but I personally would not do that.

The Seahawks go criticized for running a fake punt with 5:44 to go in the 4th. I personally would not have done that but the Seahawks have issues with Johnny Hekker the Rams punter and it was done more for that purpose than trying to run up the score.
Thanks given by: