Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL offseason: Ten (actually interesting!) subplots
Watkins played with a foot injury last season and the Bills didn't exercise the option on his contract for next season. Bills figuring that there is no way that Watkins re-signs in Buffalo without having to over pay him.

LA taking a calculated risk in hoping that Watkins has a great season and they get the a discount on the re-signing because of desired destination when it comes to life away from the the arena.
Thanks given by:
So the Rams essentially trying to mirror the Bills passing game last season by acquiring their 2016 #1 and 2 receivers in Watkins and Woods. Did no one tell them they were the worst passing offence in the NFL last year?

As a Bills fan, it's disappointing to lose someone of Watkins caliber, but he's yet to play a full season, and would have lost him next season anyways, they obviously weren't going to pay him. More disturbed by them trading Darby who would have fit in with their rebuild.

Seems like the tank is on (finally!) may as well move McCoy at this point too, he will be too old by the time they are ready to compete. Hopefully they finally get their QB this coming draft. They now have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds, not too shabby.
Thanks given by:
Well, they were running a Rex Ryan offense.
The guys the Rams got from the Bills are an upgrade from Britt and Quick.

edit:
I'm reading the offense was miserable against the Cowboys last night. One TD: a fumble recovery by Cooper Kupp in the endzone.
Thanks given by:
Don't know where to put this but it just blows my mind how athletic and talented these players are:

Thanks given by:
How does Jay Cutler have a job yet Colin Kaepernick is still unsigned? tragic that he's being shunned for his activism. He's done nothing wrong.

So many teams need a QB. And the guy can't even get a backup job. Kaepernick imo is a starting caliber QB.

Thanks given by:
Cutler had success under the same coach in Chicago.

I'm not shedding any tears for Kaepernick. He made his own bed...
Plenty of jobs up here in Canada. The RedBlacks are looking for upgrades.
Thanks given by:
Free Charger tattoos.
Between 1PM and 1AM today.
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/...ht-for-la/
Thanks given by:
(2017-08-14, 04:40 PM)Cornholio Wrote: Cutler had success under the same coach in Chicago.

I'm not shedding any tears for Kaepernick. He made his own bed...
Plenty of jobs up here in Canada. The RedBlacks are looking for upgrades.

I smell a lawsuit. Maybe a big one.

Not sure this kind of collusion is what the consortium needs atm. What with the fact that football as we know it will be done within a generation...
Thanks given by:
I wonder if Ray Rice can prove collusion? Or does everyone just accept that he just isn't a marketable player anymore?
Thanks given by:
I think he was done. But he also committed a crime.
Thanks given by:
One of the most interesting subplots this season is who's going to finish last  Laugh  Jets, Bills, 49ers, Jaguars. All these teams are really bad. They all want that 1st overall next year. And I can't blame them. Sam Darnold looks like a franchise QB.

Thanks given by:
It's why I hope the Bills move McCoy and Taylor to load up on picks.

That would make the race to the bottom a bit easier.
Thanks given by:
It's going to be tough to outtank the Jets. I have them winning 2 games this season, maybe 3. They're all in on Darnold this year lol.

Thanks given by: