Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix Scam
Just got this email asking me to update my info. It seems I've been getting more and more of these types of scams lately. Anybody else?

Don't know why they would be contacting me from New Zealand...lol
Date: 08/10/18 13:04:21
Subject: About your account Netflix

It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled -Mark Twain
Thanks given by:
Pretty obvious why it's happening now. TOF just mentioned his money is tight. He's clearly running a scam through New Zealand in hopes to fund his lavish Aussie lifestyle a little longer.
Thanks given by: divit
I just got a call from a technician at Bell Canada, he was very concerned about my internet connection.  This is weird because I am with Telus, and as far as I know, Bell does not even have service in Alberta.
Thanks given by:
Bell is in Alberta - I use them for the iphone (they are a client of the firm).
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 02:51 PM)divit Wrote: Just got this email asking me to update my info. It seems I've been getting more and more of these types of scams lately. Anybody else?

Don't know why they would be contacting me from New Zealand...lol
Date: 08/10/18 13:04:21
Subject: About your account Netflix

There's a ton, I usually get ones from banks of which I am not a client.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
I got two rather demanding emails from RBC. The first was there was an attempt to hack my account and to click onto the link to update my info including my password. I have preview set to see the body of an email so deleted it unopened!
the second one was more blunt and if I did not replay in 30 minutes my account would be frozen! Grin, I don't even use RBC's bank machines as they are not my bank so that one got the pit as well.

I have been getting some polling company calling me as we are facing an election on September 24th I kept hanging up but 11 calls in 2 days was too much. On their web site there is # to contact them. I did and called them everything but nice, even used the F word in my rant and it has been 3 weeks and no further calls. Happy
Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. Merry Holidays

Thanks given by:
I miss those calls from the Microsoft Tech support team, it's like they just don't care anymore  Sad.

It was especially nice of them to call and offer me so much assistance on a regular basis, even though I use an Imac.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
(2018-08-12, 01:01 PM)Fritz Wrote: I miss those calls from the Microsoft Tech support team, it's like they just don't care anymore  Sad.

It was especially nice of them to call and offer me so much assistance on a regular basis, even though I use an Imac.

I drove a guy completly nuts one morning. He kept telling where to go to open the control panel and I use a MacBook Air and of course where he was trying to send me does not exist! It was fun though!
Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. Merry Holidays

Thanks given by:
(2018-08-12, 01:01 PM)Fritz Wrote: I miss those calls from the Microsoft Tech support team, it's like they just don't care anymore  Sad.

I had a call from “Update” yesterday, at the end he said my computer won’t start tomorrow and hung up on me.
Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did
Thanks given by:
I have had all of those, banks that I don't have accounts at, the Microsoft one..when I own only apple..and the Netflix one which was pretty good I have to say..it looked totally legit..but if I recall it said it suspended my account or something like that..when it was obviously not as I could use it
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
(2018-08-13, 05:24 AM)Mavid Wrote: I have had all of those, banks that I don't have accounts at, the Microsoft one..when I own only apple..and the Netflix one which was pretty good I have to say..it looked totally legit..but if I recall it said it suspended my account or something like that..when it was obviously not as I could use it

Yeah, I had one from supposedly PayPal that threatened to close my account in 24 hrs.
All of these are so obviously scams, but I imagine there must be people that fall for them of they wouldn't be so prevalent.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled -Mark Twain
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 02:59 PM)Fritz Wrote: I just got a call from a technician at Bell Canada, he was very concerned about my internet connection.  This is weird because I am with Telus, and as far as I know, Bell does not even have service in Alberta.
Lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
I got one from CRA a while ago

People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
I recommend paying your taxes.....
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-13, 03:39 PM)shawn81 Wrote: I got one from CRA a while ago

Yep got a couple..one at work those sound super scary...at least they are somewhat creative
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
I keep getting calls from people claiming to be from "Windows."
Indian call centers are so desperate for suckers, er, customers- that they just basically flat out lie.
Be aware and NEVER do business over the phone unless you are contacting the business, and not the other way around.
Thanks given by:
I had one today that said “software we installed on your computer last year has been compromised”, then they gave a number to call Laugh

They must be cutting back on labour costs as well
Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did
Thanks given by: