Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Feature request
Hey mods, 

I was wondering if you would be able to add a feature similar to the 'spoiler' feature for minimising news articles within threads (see for example the Trump Thread). 

When posting an article within a post, having the article itself hidden would really help clean up some of these longer general topic threads, making them easier to scroll through.

somethings like:

News Article Title

[Click to view article]

I tried using the spoiler feature, but it changes the font and kind of breaks up the article, making it look awkward.

Thank you!
Thanks given by:
I don't think there are forum plugins to handle this so it would need to be custom coded into the reply template files. Wouldn't be too hard if someone here who is proficient in javascript volunteered to do it.

In the meantime I would suggest just copy and pasting the first paragraph or so from the article and then hyperlinking "read more" under it to the article site. Because I agree - it gets hard to read when people paste entire articles here. Not to mention the whole copyright infringement angle.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Shady.

I wold volunteer but I know as much about javascript as I do hockey, law, or politics.
Thanks given by: