Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New feature: resizing linked images
Lightbulb 
We've had the align left & align right tag here for a while on linked images:

Code:
[imgleft]URL[/imgleft]
[imgright]URL[/imgright]

Now the ability to resize the images has been added.

Here is the new code to use:

Code:
[imgright=200x100]URL[/imgright]

The above tag will set the width to 200 and height to 100 pixels. The proper order of width then height is necessary.

* Also be aware that by choosing new dimensions you may break the aspect ratio of the image
Thanks given by:
Excellent!!
2 different size links adjusted to fit!

Another great tool from the talented fingers of Shadylane Cool

Thanks!!
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around.
Thanks given by:
Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but resizing doesn't work properly for me unless I re-edit the pixel dimensions in 'preview post' using view source.
Otherwise I just get a square image based on the resized width pixel dimension if no re-edit is done.
Thanks given by:
When posting one of my own pics I just open with Paint and resize based on pixels to something i think it will take. Don't know what the max is though.

Thanks given by:
[Image: 033BdH9.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Seems fine for me in the quick reply area. I can edit both width and height without an issue. Maybe I'm not understanding your issue though.
Thanks given by:
Test using New Reply:

Unscaled:

Scaled using bbcode (img=356*540)URL(/img)

The above bbcode it is automatically altered to (img=356x356)URL(/img)
when posted. This is the resulting square image I was referring to (horizontal * horizontal pixel number)

I can get by this by correcting the bbcode  back to (img=356*540)URL(/img) in Preview in View Source mode.
and the image is altered to the way I intended (356*540).

It's not a problem, now that realize that I can get around it by editing in preview. Others may have had the same problem?

*note the [] brackets were substituted with () brackets to for messaging purposes.
Thanks given by:
Very strange, I'm not having that problem. I guess it's as if it's not recognizing the height after the 'x' in your code and just defaults to the width?
Thanks given by:
Dammit. That must be it.

I must have used * instead of 'x' in the BBcode at some point.

[Image: offended_zoidberg.gif]
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
Ahhhh, ok. Yeah that's it. I thought you were using * just in the examples. Although it's interesting to learn that a * doesn't break the code entirely.
Thanks given by:
On the Mac I use a re-sizer link that Rye told me about when we first started this version. But would get a bit frustrated on the IPad. Thanks for this will give it a go when I get the chance. Happy
No Place to Run, No Place to Hide!!
Thanks given by: