Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nhl scoreboard?
This might be a far-fetched idea as I'm not familiar with the technical aspect or copyright issues for that matter but I was wondering if we can have some sort of NHL scoreboard at the top of these forums?

I'm on this site more than any other and sometimes I want to get an update on some of the scores around the NHL without having to go to those other sites, call me lazy or whatever, but would it work to have it at the top of this site?
Thanks given by:
Before we launched the site we were looking at having a separate page where we could have widgets for different sports with scores, standings, etc. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find something that worked and we could use. We can revisit it. I don't think we could put it at the top though. We couldn't even fit the search link into the top menu because it screwed up the look on the mobile version.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by: Ryu65 , Doppelganger
Yeah, it's a good suggestion, Ryu. As Lewis said, it's difficult to find something to use that's free. Embedding player stats and standings was something else that could be useful. I'll definitely revisit this when I have some time to spare.
Thanks given by: Ryu65
I know what Lewis means. I use a tablet sometimes and you wouldn't believe the difference in the surface from a tablet to the pc. So I can't imagine what a cell phone would look like. I use a work around on my MacBook. Right next to our site on the quick bar at top I have ESPN on the left and TSN on the right. Very easy and quick to get what I need. I also have access to MLB site which includes live look ins during the season. Cool. It came with my Safri package.
Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. Merry Holidays

Thanks given by:
(2014-12-10, 12:52 PM)shadylane Wrote: Yeah, it's a good suggestion, Ryu. As Lewis said, it's difficult to find something to use that's free. Embedding player stats and standings was something else that could be useful. I'll definitely revisit this when I have some time to spare.

So I know it's only been 4 years, but how's this coming along Laugh
Thanks given by:
I'd love to be able to do this - if anyone comes across something (or has the know-how to pull scores from the NHL site), let us know.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by: