Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Suzuki Has It All? Too Good To Be True?
When you read this:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/suz...-1.4896030

Things sure look positive regarding Suzuki, even if the article doesn't say anything concrete.

What do you think? A chance at being elite at some point at the NHL level? 5'11", but a solid 200+ lbs nonetheless. Too small to play C? Brad Richards was only 5'11"...

Could it be Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Poehling, Danault or, even, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Danault down the line?
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
DD, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Poehling.

Fixed.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 03:05 PM)Scriptor Wrote: When you read this:

Things sure look positive regarding Suzuki, even if the article doesn't say anything concrete.

What do you think? A chance at being elite at some point at the NHL level? 5'11", but a solid 200+ lbs nonetheless. Too small to play C? Brad Richards was only 5'11"...

Could it be Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Poehling, Danault or, even, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Danault down the line?

I suspect Nick ends up a RW.

But I suppose it'll all depend on what happens over the next few years...
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 03:23 PM)Guy Smiley Wrote:

You might be right but management said before he was sent back to juniors that they see him as a center.
Thanks given by:
He definitely seems to have an elite talent and hopefully that translates to the NHL. Sounds like he is doing well and I think sending him back to the OHL was the right move. In camp he showed some flashes, but it was obvious he wasn’t ready just yet to make the jump to the NHL. I’m sure that time will come soon enough and next season will be interesting to see Kotkiniemi, Poehling and Suzuki all at camp together .
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 03:27 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 03:23 PM)Guy Smiley Wrote:

You might be right but management said before he was sent back to juniors that they see him as a center.

Tru dat, but you can only have 4 at a time and they may already have them... Domi, Kotka, Poehling, Totally Replaceable 4th Liner...
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 03:29 PM)Guy Smiley Wrote:

Tru dat, but you can only have 4 at a time and they may already have them... Domi, Kotka, Poehling, Totally Replaceable 4th Liner...

It will be interesting to see if Domi shifts back to the wing.
Thanks given by:
I see Suzuki as Duchene without the blinding speed, or the coach killer instincts. It sounds from the article like he is making strides towards increasing his reaction speed, as well as his foot speed. IF every prospect pans out, he seems most likely to shift to the wing.

Poehling/Kotkaniemi as top 6; Danault/Olofsson as bottom six. But Suzuki could slot into the middle six somewhere.

And let's not forget Domi, who has been everything that was asked of Drouin last year, this year.
Thanks given by:
#SuzukiStiffy?
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
Tatar,Suzuki and a pick for Patches.
Pure Larceny by Marc.
Well done.
Thanks given by:

That was before they saw Domi at C lol (due to suspension)

I think Poehlings development will be the key as to where Suzuki plays. Id Poehling makes the Team next year he plays C so Suzuki may be forced to the wing. If Poehlings needs Ahl time then maybe Suzuki starts at C with Habs (yes I assume he is starting in Mtl)

Domi, Kotk, Danualt next year so do u put Suzuki as 4th line C instead of Peca? Doubt it.

I would bet he starts on the wing
Thanks given by:
Two points per game? That's not exactly anything to write home about for a point guard... Kid needs to work on his free throws, too.

As for the other guy...

[Image: DenseAdvancedDairycow-max-1mb.gif]
Thanks given by: