Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Love for Paralympics?
Is this on TV at all in Canada?
I live overseas, not on TV here, neither was the main Olympics, without a costly sports package, but the country (UAE) is very proud of its athletes. Front page coverage for the medals winners.

Been following though CBC online, some great stories, very patriotic, and inspirational at the same time.
Aurelie Rivard is the Penny Oleksiak of the Paralympics.
Thanks given by:
I haven't looked to see if its televised. With only so much free time for sports, its not on my radar at all.
Thanks given by:
Never really gave too much thought to the Paralympics.

So, a few of the 1500m runners at the Paralympics (4 I think) actually ran it faster than anyone at the Olympics - crazy!
Thanks given by:
But thats because that particular event is heavy on strategy and less on setting record times. I have no doubt those guys in the olympics, in the same race as the paralympics, would just improve their times according to what the field was doing.
Thanks given by:
That's a valid point.
Thanks given by:
I've checked a couple times and haven't seen it on TV. Which is unfortunate because I'd probably watch a bit here and there.

I've been seeing medal updates on twitter, seems like we're winning quite a few golds.
I come from downtown
Born ready for you
Armed with will and determination
And grace, too
Thanks given by:
I'd watch it a bit maybe, but haven't seen much coverage. I probably would just watch it out of curiosity though perhaps, and maybe only until that wore off.
Thanks given by:
It's on Bell. I haven't watched any, but I noticed it's on the guide
Thanks given by:
CBC has had a little bit of coverage

I have zero interest in watching
Thanks given by:

"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by: