Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noah Hanifin?
(2018-06-12, 05:19 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2018-06-11, 05:39 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2018-06-11, 04:45 PM)Highstyx Wrote: Bettman will set it up so we get raided.

If you are talking about the SEA expansion draft, the rules/parameters are essentially known - your GM has two years to plan.

We can only protect THREE D men? IMO anyone with less than 80 NHL games played AND under age 22 at that date, should be exempt. i.e. Petterson, Lind, Dipietro, and etc

Every team can only protect three d-men (unless they go with the 8 total skaters option) - the same parameters that apply to Vancouver apply to the other teams - Bettman is not ensuring the Canucks will get "raided" any more than any other team.

Anyone in their first two years of their NHL contracts will be exempt - assuming the franchise starts when expected each of those players you listed will be exempt.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 05:55 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 05:19 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2018-06-11, 05:39 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2018-06-11, 04:45 PM)Highstyx Wrote: Bettman will set it up so we get raided.

If you are talking about the SEA expansion draft, the rules/parameters are essentially known - your GM has two years to plan.

We can only protect THREE D men? IMO anyone with less than 80 NHL games played AND under age 22 at that date, should be exempt. i.e. Petterson, Lind, Dipietro, and etc

Every team can only protect three d-men (unless they go with the 8 total skaters option) - the same parameters that apply to Vancouver apply to the other teams - Bettman is not ensuring the Canucks will get "raided" any more than any other team.

Anyone in their first two years of their NHL contracts will be exempt - assuming the franchise starts when expected each of those players you listed will be exempt.

Yes, the same rain falls on everyone,, BUT you draft, develop, and etc and FINALLY have a decent cupboard full of players, and then along comes an expansion team and you can only protect 8 of the skaters?? THAT, sir, is just brutal   I don't like someone taking something away from me, that I have earned, or built.. 8f, 4D ok, and one g.t. and you can pick up a good team with that option. We will protect Stecher, Sautner ( a rookie, who plays tough) and Gudbranson.. and lose: Del Zotto? ok then ... Tanev?? Edler is a NTC.. but we could lose him and stil be ok

I just don't like it, and ok I will give you that I sound ridiculously paranoid. That comes with being a fan of the hometown Canucks, who have never had a drop of luck since 1970
 Edmonton, n the other hand were blessed with a Very lucky 1979 draft, and Number 99.
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Lots of teams have drafted and developed and are going to lose a good player - you don't think the fans of the Jets, Blues, Lightning, etc. feel the same way?

The Oilers are currently in worse shape than the Cancucks.

With current roster construction the Oilers would HAVE to protect Kris Russell which means they could only protect two of Larsson, Klefbom or Nurse - you don't think losing one of those three would hurt?

If they choose to protect all 4 then they could lose the d-men they have patiently developed in Bear or Benning or a very good forward - they would have to protect Lucic, McDavid, Drai - only one of Nuge, Puljijarvi, Strome, etc. could be protected.

The Cancucks are no worse off than most teams.
Thanks given by:
honestly, by the time the seattle draft comes along, bennings contract will be up again, and if we don't lose a good piece of our franchise then he is not doing a good job, it sucks but we are going to lose a decent prospect. at best we can strike a deal, like a few teams did with LV
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
We will most likely lose someone we can afford to lose.

He isn't going to sign anyone to a no trade.

Keeping in mind anyone who starts this year doesn't have to be protected.

We only have 3 forwards we can't afford to lose in Boes, Bo, Virt.

I'd trade all the other ones right now for whatever I could get and just sign a replacement.

So protecting 4 dman isn't that hard. Stench, Edler (because we have to), Tanev and Guddy.

Del zot is a ufa and Biega is expendable. If Hutton repeats his performance Seattle won't even want him.

If it's a year later it still won't matter unless we magically get more talented experienced players on our team over the next 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: