Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Not so Wild - Game #29 - 7pm
Well I thought about that, but Lindy has been on fire on the 1st line. Also, Neal seems to be fitting in with Jankowski. But then again giving Neal a shot with Johnny might just be what the doctor ordered.

I wouldn't play Peluso at LW. He has enough to worry about playing RW so I don't want to confuse him. Rychel is now the leading scorer in Stockton and has been playing well. I'd like to see what he can do.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , FlameFilosi4
Really good, hard fought shut out win for Smitty.

I just hope Peter's remembers the "Smitty Shut Out Hangover" and starts Rittich next game.

Most recent games after a so
Date     Opp    Score    Type  GS  Min         W L OTL   GA GAA   SV  SA  SV%   SO
02-Dec  EDM    L 7-5    Reg   1   40:00:00   0  0  0      5   7.50   22  27  0.815   0
16-Mar  SJ       L 7-4    Reg   1   41:02:00   0  1   0     6   8.77   14  20  0.700    0
11-Oct  STL      L 3-5    Reg   1   40:00:00   0  1  0     5    7.50   19  24  0.792   0

Pulled in all three games.

Not meaning to be Mr. Negative after a solid win, just looking and planning ahead.
Thanks given by:
Yeah. We need Smitty for Lucic.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: Beerisfood
So the fallout from last night.

Lomberg gets 1 game for starting a fight in the last five minutes of a game (automatic)
Peters is fined $10,000 for the above egregious infraction by Lombo (automatic)
and
Gio has a hearing for his "knee" on Koivu. Outcome to be determined.
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
Backs is out indefinitely,

https://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/12/07/...ed-injury/
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Steinnerd tweets today's practice lines. A promotion for Janks? That fourth line will be a disaster.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Jankowski-Bennett
Mangiapane-Ryan-Neal
Lomberg-Czarnik-Hathaway

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Kylington-Andersson
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Lomberg got a game , didn’t he ?
Thanks given by:
Yes. But that doesn't mean he can't be a filler during practice. The Flames haven't announced any recalls yet.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Boy , we are really going to miss Backs tomorrow and now if Gio gets a game look out .  Sad
Thanks given by:
Stone has been cleared to practice so it won't be that bad if Gio misses a game. Bad enough though!
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 01:53 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Backs is out indefinitely,

https://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/12/07/...ed-injury/

Ok seriously, who the F are these people?

They quote Calgary Flames announcing this.
Yet the Flames site and the Flames Twitter account have ZERO about this. 
It's not being reported anywhere else.

So where do these people get their info?
That 9th goal really took the wind out of our sails. - J. Tortorella, Columbus
Thanks given by:
I was wondering about that. I tried to google a different source, but have not found one yet.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Ok, from practice -

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames Mike Smith will try to stretch his winning streak to six games vs. #Predators tomorrow. #NSHvsCGY

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames will be without Mikael Backlund vs. #Predators tomorrow and #Oilers on Sunday. Bill Peters is not sure when he’ll be back. Big loss.
Thanks given by:
Shannon is reporting Backs is going to be out awhile . There is a few guys on a pretty deep team we can’t afford to lose and I’d put Backs in that small group . 
       Be no good either if we don’t have Gio for a couple games . 
    Thinking if it’s true Backs is out for a while will they have to consider taking Lindy off the top line to replace Backs on the second line . I guess Janks gets a shot first but if it doesn’t work they might have to .
I think they will give a look-see to Janko on the 2nd line against Nashville, but will probably want Lindholm chasing McMuffin around the ice rather than Janko.
Thanks given by: Suity
Apparently Lomberg is also going to have a hearing for a substitution from the bench with the only intention to fight.
This could fall back on Peters as well, because Lombo is to fresh and new and young to have jumped the boards on his own.
Thanks given by:
Wes Gilbertson tweets

As others have noted, #Flames will be without C Mikael Backlund for at least Saturday/Sunday (Predators/Oilers). He's in concussion protocol, so no timeline for return.

And also

Things I wonder, Part 1: Will Mikael Backlund's injury prompt #Flames to recall Curtis Lazar, who has been earning high praise while operating as a centre in Stockton?

And also

Things I wonder, Part 2: Why are so many in my mentions suggesting #Flames move Lindholm to second-line centre while Backlund is out? Shouldn't breaking up one of the hottest lines in hockey be more of a last-resort option? Why risk messing with both of your top two lines?
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
I believe concussion protocol is to re-evaluate after seven days and go from there.

BS'ing around the water cooler earlier today I wasn't totally opposed to Lindholm centering that second line and moving Neal up with the top dawgs for another attempt at getting him going.

Keep that together for a bit and if we find ourselves down a goal or two after a period put those three back togethor and tell them to pot a couple... because it is that easy!

I just see a steep drop off between Backs and Janks and not sure the latter can handle the pressure of shutting down top lines yet.

Plenty of combos and scenarios I could be talked into here... have to wait and see if Peters agrees with us, or is wrong!
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
So here is the comparison being discussed on SportsNet

Dumba takes out Backlund - the Flames respond instantly to send a message "don't do that"

Kronwall takes out Matthews - the Leafs respond the next day in the press conference with "our PP is our toughness"

I prefer the Flames approach

Also Nanuuk, I think they recall someone to fill Backlund's spot, but you can't recall someone to fill a roster spot for a suspended player.
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk