Miller 6.1 220
Edler 6.3 215
Leivo 6.2 200
Benn 6.2 200
Ferland 6.1 220
Jake 6.1 225
Horvat 6.0 215
Boeser 6.1 210

Jeez this team is eating their wheaties!! Hopefully they play a physical style to match there size and jake is still around and gets more confidence with guys like ferland and miller around
Thanks given by: Canucksfansince1989 , Highstyx
Roussel plays bigger than he is. Same with Beagle, same with Pettersson even, though he makes me wince when he does.

You need size, you need skill, leadership, luck and chemistry. The last two are the only things that I worry greatly about.
Thanks given by:
We got bigger. Didnt lose speed. Overall we are a better team. But we still greatly lack skill.

This is a 1st round exit team. Maybe win the first round on strength. But its not a cup winning team. Not unless Hughes becomes Bobby Orr (not going to happen) we just don't have the scorers.

We still need a first line winger and our 2nd line to get its shit together around horvat.

We have an abundance of bottom 6 and we need to move 3 of them.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-10, 09:07 PM)nuckerking Wrote: Myers 6.8 230
Miller 6.1 220
Edler 6.3 215
Leivo 6.2 200
Benn 6.2 200
Ferland 6.1 220
Jake 6.1 225
Horvat 6.0 215
Boeser 6.1 210

Jeez this team is eating their wheaties!! Hopefully they play a physical style to match there size and jake is still around and gets more confidence with guys like ferland and miller around

Jay Beagle 6-3, 220

Nice, not so small

When did we get Ferlund? I like this one.. and I somehow think he will play well for us
 Proverbs 13:10
Thanks given by: Canucksfansince1989
(2019-07-11, 10:18 AM)Highstyx Wrote:
Miller 6.1 220
Edler 6.3 215
Leivo 6.2 200
Benn 6.2 200
Ferland 6.1 220
Jake 6.1 225
Horvat 6.0 215
Boeser 6.1 210

Jay Beagle 6-3, 220

Nice, not so small

When did we get Ferlund? I like this one.. and I somehow think he will play well for us

Yesterday
Thanks given by:
Throw Motte into that discussion as well. May not be the biggest, but he played like it.

Size and speed, the Nucks will not be pleasant to play against this season, I love the direction. In fact, it's easier to list the players that are too small to play now. This team used to be smurfs, now they are thugs. That's what wins in the NHL, this team will be fun to watch this year, I can't wait!

As for you Stix, I thought you'd be all over the Ferland signing! This is exactly the type/types of player you have been screaming about on these forums for the past few years, and you finally got your wish. Ya gotta be at least a little fired up for next year.
Also, thinking of the near future, in 2020 we should get William Lockwood. He levels guys in the NCAA like a young Mike Peca. He’s a sure fire bottom six energy guy who I see being similar to Jannik Hansen in his prime. And I think he will be very effective as a rookie given the patience the Canucks org has shown him in his development.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 12:01 PM)Nipsy Wrote: Throw Motte into that discussion as well. May not be the biggest, but he played like it.

Size and speed, the Nucks will not be pleasant to play against this season, I love the direction. In fact, it's easier to list the players that are too small to play now. This team used to be smurfs, now they are thugs. That's what wins in the NHL, this team will be fun to watch this year, I can't wait!

As for you Stix, I thought you'd be all over the Ferland signing! This is exactly the type/types of player you have been screaming about on these forums for the past few years, and you finally got your wish. Ya gotta be at least a little fired up for next year.

He’s a guy who is always escaping my radar, but he showed a lot, especially early last year. I hope he comes in to camp in even better shape and with more confidence. He showed tremendous scoring talent in the NCAA, and I think that’s the kind of player  you want to see unexpected production from in your bottom six... those skill guys who adapt into checking roles.
Thanks given by:
I dunno I think canucks have nailed it with a good combination of size and skill through out the line up
Miller 6.1 220
Edler 6.3 215
Leivo 6.2 200
Benn 6.2 200
Ferland 6.1 220
Jake 6.1 225
Horvat 6.0 215
Boeser 6.1 210

Jay Beagle 6-3, 220

Nice, not so small

Wow, I always thought he was smaller. In that case, I might even say he plays a little bit smaller than his size or close to par.

He’s definite not a feared knuckle chucker.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-12, 12:58 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 12:01 PM)Nipsy Wrote: Throw Motte into that discussion as well. May not be the biggest, but he played like it.

He’s a guy who is always escaping my radar, but he showed a lot, especially early last year. I hope he comes in to camp in even better shape and with more confidence. He showed tremendous scoring talent in the NCAA, and I think that’s the kind of player  you want to see unexpected production from in your bottom six... those skill guys who adapt into checking roles.

If he is in shape, and his head is screwed on right.. I believe he can bag 15 goals or so.. I still like Zack Mack, even if he is a call up.. LOVE to see him make the team, but .. well I like Ferlund, except when he manhandled half our team last time we played the Flames.

Another guy who might be 6 ft and about 195 but plays real tough is Rousell. Reminds me a bit of Dorsett, even if not as good in a fight, he is more of an agitator who can score 30-40 points.  THEN we have Lockwood knocking at the door. I like Motte, too. AND Biega
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-12, 01:28 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:
Miller 6.1 220
Edler 6.3 215
Leivo 6.2 200
Benn 6.2 200
Ferland 6.1 220
Jake 6.1 225
Horvat 6.0 215
Boeser 6.1 210

Jay Beagle 6-3, 220

Nice, not so small

Wow, I always thought he was smaller. In that case, I might even say he plays a little bit smaller than his size or close to par.

He’s definite not a feared knuckle chucker.

Ferlund can fight.. but he doesn't do a ton of it. Decent grinder.. very decent.. and remember how he rattled our guys in that playoff series?? Spent half the time in Bieksa's kitchen. . . . bugging him just enough to be a pain in the arse

Ahh I did it again. Thought you were talking about Ferlund, not Beagle. Beagle will go, and can take care of business, but true, he isn't scary.. Good big 4 line C who pays somewhat physical. I like it
Thanks given by:
I like the effect this group will have on special teams.

I expect a top five PK and a top ten PP this season. If the Nux can just find success on special teams we are a playoff contender.

Beagle and Sutter as face off guys will lead the PK, Myers and Benn will be a huge upgrade on defense.

As for the PP, getting big bodies in front of the net will be Key. With Hughes and Stetcher on the point getting shots through, our PP should do better than last year for sure.

Providing this team can stay injury free.... lol... what’s that? You say We have depth now? Impossible! Oh wait... maybe we do. How interesting. Depth. What a concept.
Thanks given by:
Pk will be great

Pp. Not so much.
If edler is on it l, it's gonna suck. And we still dont have the offense to score enough goals.

Thanks given by:
PP i think is going to be one of their biggest strengths.

Horvat

Boeser Pettersson

Myers Hughes

Hughes, an elite passer/playmaker quarterbacking the PP with Boeser to his left and Pettersson to his right, both with rocket of a one timers....Canucks PP is gonna be deadly next season.

3 on 3 OT hockey i think is also going to be one of their biggest strengths. No one's gonna stop Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes 3 on 3. That trio is about as good as it gets.

Thanks given by:
Hughes doesnt have much of a shot and they will overload pett. It will have good periods during next season but will be inconsistent.

Thanks given by:
Miller 6.1 220
Edler 6.3 215
Leivo 6.2 200
Benn 6.2 200
Ferland 6.1 220
Jake 6.1 225
Horvat 6.0 215
Boeser 6.1 210

Roussel is only 5'11 but that guy plays like 6'6! lol
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-12, 10:12 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: Hughes doesnt have much of a shot and they will overload pett. It will have good periods during next season but will be inconsistent.

you're ignoring hughes ability to stickhandle at will with the puck on the powerplay, you saw him do it on his 1st nhl point, no one here is expecting this big booming slapshot from him, and nor will we ever, in terms of skating and stick handling, well if you ever got to see him in his prime, think of Denis Savard, they used to call him a water bug, I think hughes will be the defenseman version of him
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
He can stick handle all he wants. And players will let him. They will cover pett and boes and he will shoot it off someone's shin pads.

I'm not ignoring the fact we will eventually have a great power play. But we need a dman with a shot. And a forward with more scoring ability.

Most likely pett will be the point guy. Pulling guys up top to let horvat and boes take advantage down low. But it wont enough.

Thanks given by:
(2019-07-12, 10:20 PM)Alexis25 Wrote:
Miller 6.1 220
Edler 6.3 215
Leivo 6.2 200
Benn 6.2 200
Ferland 6.1 220
Jake 6.1 225
Horvat 6.0 215
Boeser 6.1 210

Roussel is only 5'11 but that guy plays like 6'6! lol

Love the guy. All out pedal to the metal, and he stirs things up. Fearless, and he can go
Thanks given by: