Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure about these lines
Who loses a spot in lineup when Nylander returns?
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-07, 10:18 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Kappy with Matthews=Instant success.  Just need to break up that 3rd line.  They're a tire fire.  A combined -15 this weekend  Icon_eek

What about Matthews with Kappy and Johnsson. 

Put Marleau back with Kadri. Kadri is on an island with Leivo and Brown
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-07, 10:38 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote: Who loses a spot in lineup when Nylander returns?

I'd say Ennis though a case could be made for Leivo as well.  Brown's been useless too 5 on 5 but at least kills penalties.

Thanks given by:
I would like to see Johnsson get some time with Kadri
Thanks given by:
I think Babs likes a puck retriever on each line. Someone who is like a dog on a bone and fetches pucks for the skilled guys. Obviously he raves about Hymans ability to do that. I think Brown and Johnson could also play that role. Not sure about Leivo. With that in mind I would like to see:

Hyman - Matthews - Kapanen
Brown - Tavares - Marner
Johnson - Kadri - Marleau
Leivo - Lindholm - Ennis

Ennis needs a little time to find his game. If he doesn’t we can sign Rick Nash mid season to play a bigger more defensive bottom six role.
Thanks given by:
Would be nice to get Nylander back to really SET the lines.

I think its obvious after the other night Kapanen should stay with Matthews at least til Nylander returns.

Right now there is NO OFFENCE from the bottom two lines, the only danger for opposition is Matthews and Tavares lines. Thats NOT good.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-07, 10:39 PM)Sportking Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 10:18 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Kappy with Matthews=Instant success.  Just need to break up that 3rd line.  They're a tire fire.  A combined -15 this weekend  Icon_eek

What about Matthews with Kappy and Johnsson. 

Put Marleau back with Kadri. Kadri is on an island with Leivo and Brown

I'd do this.

Hyman-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Lindholm-Ennis
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
The goat had a good game and is at best a 4th line C, so if he could fill that role how about swap Kadri and Marleau

Kadri  Matthews  Kapanen
Hyman Tavares Marner
Marleau Lindholm Brown
Leivo Goat Ennis

Marleau has played C and can swap with Lindholm at times if needed. This gets Kadri into it a bit more
Thanks given by:
Does Ennis have any use on a 4th line role? I feel he won't be with the big club if he can't figure out how to produce in a top 6 role
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-10, 02:28 PM)bicboi Wrote: Does Ennis have any use on a 4th line role? I feel he won't be with the big club if he can't figure out how to produce in a top 6 role

I really don't see much use for him at all to be honest.

It'd be nice to inflate some numbers for him so we can flip him for a decent pick, but honestly I'd rather see Johnsson back in and Ennis sitting right now.  Then just drop Ennis once Nylander's back.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-09, 09:58 AM)zapzac Wrote: Would be nice to get Nylander back to really SET the lines.

I think its obvious after the other night Kapanen should stay with Matthews at least til Nylander returns.

Right now there is NO OFFENCE from the bottom two lines, the only danger for opposition is Matthews and Tavares lines.  Thats NOT good.

It's not as good as offence from 3 lines.  But when each line is scoring multiple goals a night, it's not bad either.

The Kadri line will come along.  It's been 4 games so far.  He's scored 30+ in each of the last two years.  Brown's scored 20 in the NHL before.  They will get their goals.  I've got no concern about that at all.

Who knows too?  When Nylander finally gets back, maybe Matthews and Kapanen have done so well together that Babcock won't break them up, and puts Nylander with Kadri instead?  Even if not, I'd say that Kapanen should at least move down to the Kadri line once Willy's back in the lineup.  Either way, the 3rd line gets that boost, and for now we've got Matthews and Tavares, who together have scored as many goals as the Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings COMBINED!
Thanks given by:
Johnsson Kadri Nylander could be an absolutely lethal 3rd line.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-11, 10:59 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote: Johnsson Kadri Nylander could be an absolutely lethal 3rd line.

Can you imagine?
Thanks given by:
That would be a scary top 9

Marleau Matthews Kappy
Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Nylander

Thanks given by: