[Image: afp-1fo1ll.jpg]
“THE LEAFS WILL WIN GAME 7, STUFF IT BOSTON.”

Thanks given by:
The pictures are devastating.
Thanks given by:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/world/not...index.html

Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 12:48 PM)theDC Wrote: The pictures are devastating.

Yes, so much history going upin smoke devastating situation. I am not a Catholic, but just a person that appreciates older historic buildings a contents.

Thanks given by: theDC , theDC
This is the kind of stuff that messes with my head.

I grew up Catholic, in a VERY Catholic community. As I grew up, I left the church. When I look back at my family, and seeing the addictions of each uncle/father, all of whom were alter boys, I can't help but think the Church had something to do with it.

So I see this and I think "Good", but at the same time, the people, like my grand mother, the people like the teachers, police officers, community representatives that I grew up with didn't deserve this... or did they?

Maybe they did? Did they protect the priests who were "moved" suddenly? Seriously a mind eff for me...
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , Highstyx , Highstyx
(2019-04-15, 12:57 PM)theDC Wrote: This is the kind of stuff that messes with my head.

I grew up Catholic, in a VERY Catholic community. As I grew up, I left the church. When I look back at my family, and seeing the addictions of each uncle/father, all of whom were alter boys, I can't help but think the Church had something to do with it.

So I see this and I think "Good", but at the same time, the people, like my grand mother, the people like the teachers, police officers, community representatives that I grew up with didn't deserve this... or did they?

Maybe they did? Did they protect the priests who were "moved" suddenly?  Seriously a mind eff for me...

I fully understand as 3 good childhood friends of mine were abused as well. So as a non Catholic I only see the history side but someone like yourself DC it is surreal

Thanks given by:
Too much of Sunday is spent thinking about Monday.
Thanks given by:
I am not Catholic but have seen it. Didn't have time to go inside. What a shame

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 01:24 PM)divit Wrote:

He doesn't see the scrambling of water bombers, provided there are some in the vicinity as a logistical nightmare that would preclude "acting quickly"?

What a moron!!
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
that's so sad...

Sad

poor Quasimodo...
cfl
Thanks given by: Bong13 , Highstyx , Highstyx
religious or not, there is a lot of history up in smoke.

the building is over 850 years old. Nothing on our side of the pond comes even close.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 02:59 PM)Chris D Wrote: religious or not, there is a lot of history up in smoke.  

the building is over 850 years old.  Nothing on our side of the pond comes even close.

stands there for 850 years with no worries...then some renovations and stuff and now its ablaze and in serious threat of being totally lost.
Thanks given by:
Damn, I hate seeing historical buildings like that going down.  Cry

Black Metal bands everywhere right now... "Okay, this one, this wasn't us, I swear to god."
Thanks given by: RATW-Leafaholic
(2019-04-15, 01:29 PM)Moe Szyslak Wrote: I am not Catholic but have seen it. Didn't have time to go inside. What a shame

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Same. We walked around the outside, but it was just closing.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 03:36 PM)Fritz Wrote: Damn, I hate seeing historical buildings like that going down.  Cry

Black Metal bands everywhere right now... "Okay, this one, this wasn't us, I swear to god."

Lol I was waiting for someone to bring this up here (or on other forums I'm on)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
So..... terrorism?
Thanks given by:
Trump thought water bombing it would be a good idea
"when the lights come on this whole place gets ugly"
Thanks given by:
from the sounds of things, its not a total write off.

roof is gone...inside is gutted...a lot of lost art, and stained glass...but the walls are still up, the towers are safe...

sounds like they will be able to rebuild.
Thanks given by:
Not terrorism, it’s being blamed on the renovation of the Church’s spire ....However the Alt-right conspiracy theorists are using this to spread anti-Muslim B.S.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 08:52 PM)Chris D Wrote: from the sounds of things, its not a total write off.

roof is gone...inside is gutted...a lot of lost art, and stained glass...but the walls are still up, the towers are safe...

sounds like they will be able to rebuild.

Theyll install free wifi and new modern religious paintings
cfl
Thanks given by: