Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Season news & Notes
https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senato...-297892908

Great read, Neiler is coming back to the organization as an Alumni Ambassador. Wish he was a trainer, maybe he can teach the guys how to have some back bone.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
This is an interesting little tidbit. the only thing I could find was that it may be in reference to the Dorion going to the locker room incident that we all heard about late in the season.

http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/06/11/the...um=twitter

"I assumed the Senators’ best goal scorer was placed back on the market because of a rationale that emphasized Hoffman’s limitations as a player instead of an appreciation for the things that he does well. Having seen the lengths the Senators have gone to overlook the deficiencies of lesser-skilled players and keep them around, I expressed this frustration on Twitter. After publishing this tweet, someone I really respect reached out to me to state that Hoffman will be moved this summer and it has nothing to do with his on-ice performance. Without getting into the full details, this individual stated that “shit went down” and “he’s gone” before expressing a hope that the full story sees the light of day."
Thanks given by:
Maybe a reason that Hoffman is as good as gone...

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news...k-karlsson

Mike Hoffman's longtime girlfriend allegedly behind campaign of harassment against Melinda and Erik Karlsson

Melinda Karlsson has filed an order of protection against the longtime girlfriend of Senators forward Mike Hoffman — alleging a campaign of harassment that plagued the Karlssons after the death of their son and through much of the last NHL season, this newspaper has learned.

The application for a peace bond, sworn in front of Justice of the Peace Louise Logue on May 4, alleges that Monika Caryk, Hoffman’s partner, had threatened Melinda (neé Curry) and husband Erik Karlsson from November 2017 to the date the information was sworn to.

It was in late November that the Karlssons announced on social media that they were expecting their first child, a son they would later name Axel Michael who was stillborn on March 19, 2018.

Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead,” says Melinda Karlsson’s sworn statement to the court.

“She also uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ‘take out’ my husband’s legs to ‘end his career.’

“Monika Caryk has posted over 1,000 negative and derogatory statements about me as a professional.”

Reached on Tuesday afternoon, Hoffman said, “There’s nothing really for me to say, at this time. That’s all I can say.”

In March, Sens captain Erik Karlsson blasted an anonymous online troll who, in the comments section of a post mourning his dead son, accused his wife of “popping painkiller medication” during her pregnancy.

In an Instagram post mourning his son’s death, Erik Karlsson posted a photo of Axel’s tiny footprints. In the post, Karlsson thanked the city and the team’s fans for their love and support and wrote: “We feel very lucky to be Axel’s parents. Even though he was stillborn, we know we will hold him again one day under different circumstances and the joy he gave us will be with us forever.”

The post garnered more than 10,000 comments, with the overwhelming majority of them expressions of support and sympathy for the couple. However, one comment, posted by user @sandydandy45, stood out: “I feel bad for the baby he didn’t have a chance with Melinda popping pain killer medication everyday.”
Thanks given by:
Nuclearsun Wrote:Maybe a reason that Hoffman is as good as gone...

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news...k-karlsson

Mike Hoffman's longtime girlfriend allegedly behind campaign of harassment against Melinda and Erik Karlsson

Melinda Karlsson has filed an order of protection against the longtime girlfriend of Senators forward Mike Hoffman — alleging a campaign of harassment that plagued the Karlssons after the death of their son and through much of the last NHL season, this newspaper has learned.

The application for a peace bond, sworn in front of Justice of the Peace Louise Logue on May 4, alleges that Monika Caryk, Hoffman’s partner, had threatened Melinda (neé Curry) and husband Erik Karlsson from November 2017 to the date the information was sworn to.

It was in late November that the Karlssons announced on social media that they were expecting their first child, a son they would later name Axel Michael who was stillborn on March 19, 2018.

Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead,” says Melinda Karlsson’s sworn statement to the court.

“She also uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ‘take out’ my husband’s legs to ‘end his career.’

“Monika Caryk has posted over 1,000 negative and derogatory statements about me as a professional.”

Reached on Tuesday afternoon, Hoffman said, “There’s nothing really for me to say, at this time. That’s all I can say.”

In March, Sens captain Erik Karlsson blasted an anonymous online troll who, in the comments section of a post mourning his dead son, accused his wife of “popping painkiller medication” during her pregnancy.

In an Instagram post mourning his son’s death, Erik Karlsson posted a photo of Axel’s tiny footprints. In the post, Karlsson thanked the city and the team’s fans for their love and support and wrote: “We feel very lucky to be Axel’s parents. Even though he was stillborn, we know we will hold him again one day under different circumstances and the joy he gave us will be with us forever.”

The post garnered more than 10,000 comments, with the overwhelming majority of them expressions of support and sympathy for the couple. However, one comment, posted by user @sandydandy45, stood out: “I feel bad for the baby he didn’t have a chance with Melinda popping pain killer medication everyday.”

That would do it. I have heard that she is a real piece of work. Pulls the "Do you know who I am" card at restaurants, and "I'm with the Sens". Also he isn't much better, and if he is still with this loser then I want him gone as well.
Thanks given by:
Wow, that is *****u p, to say the least. Makes you wonder what Hoffman tells his GF to get her to have all these thoughts and anger towards the Karlssons. What a mess, this isn't going to bode well for the team next year unless one of Karlsson or Hoffman is gone.
Thanks given by:
In our local paper (Saint John) got a Post Media story today. Normally I would just pass on a story like that, but Hoff is former star of the SJ Sea Dogs. The first thing that came to my mind was, WTF! Man are things becoming low class within the Senators team organization? Melnyk, Alfie be treated like dirt, Less charged and now this. Makes no wonder Hoffman will be traded and one can understand why Karlsson might not resign as well! What the hell happened guys and gals to this once very good team?
WE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 02:56 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: Wow, that is *****u p, to say the least. Makes you wonder what Hoffman tells his GF to get her to have all these thoughts and anger towards the Karlssons. What a mess, this isn't going to bode well for the team next year unless one of Karlsson or Hoffman is gone.

IMO both could be gone! I think Hoffman will be gone for sure and Karlsson will and rightly so demand Top, no hometown discount of $10-12M range for 6-7 years!
Thanks given by:
Ryu65 Wrote:Wow, that is *****u p, to say the least. Makes you wonder what Hoffman tells his GF to get her to have all these thoughts and anger towards the Karlssons. What a mess, this isn't going to bode well for the team next year unless one of Karlsson or Hoffman is gone.

She is a jealous B, and Hoffman thinks he's king sh*t so I'm sure there's jealousy all around because Karlsson is better, more famous, more liked.

I'm sure something happened between these two women that incited this whole mess, but no matter what Melinda may have done or said (if anything at all, could just be jealousy), it does not justify this kind of behaviour in response.
Thanks given by:
What an absolute gong show. It's clear this organization needs to clean house from top to bottom. As if the Karlsson's haven't been through enough already.

I don't know how things can get worse than this.
Thanks given by:
We'll give you De La Rose for Hoffman.

Ya never know: he could turn into the next Eller... Wink
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by:
There are completely unsubstantiated reports on Twitter that the team is currently undergoing a change in ownership and that one of the transitional clauses include a freeze on front office staff decisions, explaining the almost complete silence from the organization over the last few weeks as well as Lee’s employment status being left “status quo”.

I have no idea where this originated from, and it’s likely all fake news anyways, but my god would I be ecstatic if that rumour ends up being true.

I’m pretty close to a complete boycott of this team until there is an ownership change. The Sens are a compete train wreck from top to bottom, and the root of all problems seem to start with Melnyk.
Thanks given by:
Well Hoffman is gone
Thanks given by:
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today that the club has acquired forward Mikkel Boedker, defenceman Julius Bergman and a sixth-round draft choice in 2020 from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Mike Hoffman, Cody Donaghey and Ottawa's fifth-round choice in the 2020 NHL Draft.

"Today's trade showcases our determination to strengthen the future of the team by improving chemistry, leadership and character in the locker room and on the ice. We are confident it is a step in the right direction for the long-term success of this organization," said Senators general manager Pierre Dorion.

"Mikkel Boedker is a competitive, versatile, two-way forward who can play both wings," added Dorion. "He has a track record of playing his best hockey in the most important games, including the playoffs and internationally. His skill set - in particular his speed - along with his veteran leadership fits with our vision for the team."

Boedker, 28, comes to Ottawa following a season where he scored 15 goals and added 22 assists for 37 points in 74 games with the Sharks. A first-round selection (eighth overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft by the Phoenix Coyotes, the 6-0, 210-pound native of Brondby, Denmark is the highest selected player in his country's history.
Thanks given by:
Nice jab at Hoffmann there Dorion. Super professional. ugh

Is this what 50 cents on the dollar looks like? Addition by subtraction?
Thanks given by:
Stevie_Y Wrote:Nice jab at Hoffmann there Dorion. Super professional. ugh

Is this what 50 cents on the dollar looks like? Addition by subtraction?

That's the exact statement the GM needed to make. Acknowledge that he was a dressing room problem and signal to the fans and players that he wants to fix it.
Seriously, what did you expect them to be able to get for Hoffman?

I think this deal is about as good as it was going to get and Snes fans should be happy that Hoff is gone. Now if EK gets traded, then we can get all pissy. 

I dont see a situation where it benefits them to trade him before next years deadline, unless an offer comes in that provides a top 2 D-man and top 6 forward.
Thanks given by:
The only positive this has is that it casuses EK to sign long term and that obviously a major locker room distraction is gone.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
Received a local Breaking News on this trade. Very surprised you guys got such good return for Hoff. The local interest here stems from him, even though from Ontario was a star player for almost 3 seasons with our Q team Sea Dogs .

Will this open the door for Eric to stay in Ottawa!
Thanks given by:
Anyone know anything about Bergman?
Thanks given by:
all ive seen is from twitter,
More about D Julius Bergman (@juliusbergman21)

He's 22 years old & was drafted 46th overall by SJS in the 2014 draft.

In 2014/15, he had 42 pts in 60 games with the OHL's London Knights.

He has played the last 3 seasons in @TheAHL. In 189 AHL games, he has 16 goals & 61 pts.
Thanks given by:
Hoffma's been flipped to Florida from Jan Jose for picks.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by: