Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Season news & Notes
Smith has now been recalled and will play on the first line tomorrow night.

SMH what are the Sens doing. I feel legit bad for their fans.
Thanks given by:
I agree that from a hockey stand point I couldnt care less, but after seeing Duchene's reaction and some of the other players being upset about how management blind sided them with this waiver news and I'm just shaking my head at how poorly this team is being run. They just traded the best player in franchise history, the team is already fragile and they're doing everything in their power to remain focused on the season and play as a team. This ownership has no respect for the players, no wonder Bryan Murray was loved by his players because he always put them before the team and actually cared. It's no coincidence this team has gone downhill in every way since his passing.
Thanks given by:
So with Smith now clearing, Dorion has managed to:

- embarrass Smith
- Piss off the players
- Piss off the coach
- Piss off the fans
- Keep the exact same roster he had before pulling this BS
- Save no money against the cap

Bravo Pierre, Bravo.

What. A. Moron.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-26, 01:12 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: I agree that from a hockey stand point I couldnt care less, but after seeing Duchene's reaction and some of the other players being upset about how management blind sided them with this waiver news and I'm just shaking my head at how poorly this team is being run. They just traded the best player in franchise history, the team is already fragile and they're doing everything in their power to remain focused on the season and play as a team. This ownership has no respect for the players, no wonder Bryan Murray was loved by his players because he always put them before the team and actually cared. It's no coincidence this team has gone downhill in every way since his passing.

I think Murray was better than Dorion because he was at least respected by his peers but I still thought he was responsible for airing a lot of dirty laundry. Lile trying to trade Heatley and Spezza to teams that were on their no trade lists and then going public about it.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-26, 01:57 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: So with Smith now clearing, Dorion has managed to:

- embarrass Smith
- Piss off the players
- Piss off the coach
- Piss off the fans
- Keep the exact same roster he had before pulling this BS
- Save no money against the cap

Bravo Pierre, Bravo.

What. A. Moron.

Pretty much this, our management is such a laughing stock. Can't imagine how the players would want to commit to this organization. Like if we're trying to re-sign Duchene, wouldn't it help to leave alone players we could use that he's friends with?
Thanks given by:
There's that disconnect between management and the locker room (inc. coach).

Thanks, Dornyk/Melrion.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-26, 02:31 PM)bicboi Wrote: Pretty much this, our management is such a laughing stock. Can't imagine how the players would want to commit to this organization. Like if we're trying to re-sign Duchene, wouldn't it help to leave alone players we could use that he's friends with?

Oh I feel like Duchene is gone for sure unless this team surprises, comes together and somehow makes the playoffs and shows promise that it wasn't a fluke.
Thanks given by:
Makes the playoffs? lol
Thanks given by:
I might add that Smith's agent was informed of the waiver along with Smith and the team has zero obligation to tell all the players what he is doing with other players. that's a bit much.
Thanks given by:
So Wolanin and Chlapik got sent down, looks like Lajoie and Jaros are battling it out for the last D spot but theres a chance they both stay. Boucher seems to be pretty high on Lajoie so I'd assume he has the advantage right now. Nice to see an a seemingly random player in our system surprise us and play above expectation.
Thanks given by:
https://www.silversevensens.com/2018/9/2...g-camp-nhl

This article breaks down why it might be a good idea for Wolanin and Chlapik to be sent down, they can have the chance to be top line players in Belleville. Formenton would've been claimed on waivers by someone so keeping him makes sense. I think Lajoie will end up making the the cut but wouldn't be surprised if Boucher went with 8 defenders.
Thanks given by:
Forementon is not subject to waivers, he was only drafted 2 years ago, but he can only be sent back to junior.
Thanks given by:
I dont have a subscription, but apparently there was an article on the Athletic comparing the reaction among the team when the Smith thing happened in comparison to when EK was traded. There was an unnamed player (so take with grain of salt) who commented that with EK leaving the team “went from a dictatorship to a democracy”.

I thought that was a somewhat interesting quote.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-28, 12:15 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: Forementon is not subject to waivers, he was only drafted 2 years ago, but he can only be sent back to junior.

thanks for the correction, if that's the case, I think they feel he's dominated enough in Junior, he was a point per game goal scoring machine with London. If he can't go to Belleville, might as well have him up here.

I definitely think Tkachuk is gonna play 60+ games with the big club. He left Boston probably with the intention to play for the Sens. I'm fine with him being sent down to get even better but with the whole "rebuild", management might want him as the marketable young star
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-28, 12:18 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: I dont have a subscription, but apparently there was an article on the Athletic comparing the reaction among the team when the Smith thing happened in comparison to when EK was traded. There was an unnamed player (so take with grain of salt) who commented that with EK leaving the team “went from a dictatorship to a democracy”.

I thought that was a somewhat interesting quote.

Doesnt surprise me at all, I wanted Karlsson traded for the sole reason that I felt like this team had become a one-man show. Having a d-man lead your team offensively every season just doesnt make any sense to me. He's a great player no doubt but I think we're going to be a better "team" now that he's no longer the guy to depend on to save the day. Although people feel like Duchene is ready to jump ship asap, i get the impression that he's one of those players left that wants more responsibility and to become a face of an NHL team. This is his chance and I think he realizes it now that Ksrlsson is gone.
Thanks given by:
I mean Duchene was the face of the Avs before they drafted MacKinnon, not that he really accomplished much there. Then again he's grown as a player since then, hopefully he stays and retires as a Senator
Thanks given by:
It's only pre-season, but again, the boys needed this win. They played really well, 3-0 shutout for Anderson but it was a complete team win and if they want to have a chance during the regular season they're going to need more games like this. The offense on this team is for real, I don't really see them struggling too much to score goals but if they can find their system defensively and play it properly, then there is no reason to think this team is going to bottom out again. Playoff bubble team is not out of the question I think they have alot to prove and these guys can feel it, they're hungry.
Thanks given by:
I dunno man, Karlsson still drove the offense last year. We have some very good forwards but I can't imagine them gettinf out of thw bottom 10 in terms of goals for.

Anderson needs to step it up. He was awful last season and would let in absolute stinkers
Thanks given by:
https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/...uchene-sup

I'm loving Duchene's attitude, he thinks this team can compete and it's nice to hear that considering all that's happened. He brought up how his first year with the Avs that defied odds to make the playoffs. That team also was back stopped by Anderson, lets hope Andy finds his mojo this year
Thanks given by: