Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Season news & Notes
(2019-05-31, 08:48 AM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2019-05-30, 11:10 PM)bicboi Wrote: Zaitsev wants out of Toronto and he has a cheap contract. Would anyone prefer acquiring him instesd of taking a chance on Ceci?

I think it's too late to trade Ceci, we've suffered through his learning years as a young defenseman maybe it's the wrong time to trade him. Unless we're getting back a veteran d-man with some skill then I'd rather hold on and see where his game is that next season.

Valid points. I think we might end up stuck with him but I'd trade him for prospects and picks. Seen enough to not want to gamble. Unless he signs for longterm at no higher than $4.5 million which I doubt he does.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-31, 10:56 AM)Pouzar Wrote: I have no thoughts on Zaitsev vs. Ceci - I was simply responding to the statement that Zaitsev has a cheap contract.

Pouz we still need a stop gap or two. Put in a good word and get Holland to send us Russell or Sekera!
Thanks given by:
Does karl want to come home?

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/113...7317345280

I don't see it with Melnyk still here.
Thanks given by:
I wish he comes back, can't have too many offensive elite dmen
Thanks given by:
Lol it would be so dumb. Stone is gone so Karlsson would replace him as carrying the team. Karlsson has no purpose on this team unless he wants to waste any possible prime years left overseeing a rebuild.  

I'd rather stick with our current rebuild. No point in paying Karlsson $9+ million when Chabot might produce just as well for cheaper.
Thanks given by:
Been playing around on capfriendly. Really hope we take advantage of Vegas having a poor cap situation.

Acquire Clarkson's caphit, or get someone like Collin Miller who could be useful to us on the 1st or 2nd pairing. We have some lower draft picks to spare and even if we trade someone like Lajoie, it'll be a way to get some stop gaps in our system.

Winnipeg is another place to look as well. Maybe get Mathieu Perreault from them and swap Smith or Pageau? Helps them save a few bucks. Trading Trouba will help their upcoming cap situation, but the pieces coming back might take up a bit of salary unless they are all draft picks.
Thanks given by: