Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason Thread - NFL
Denver has traded for Joe Flacco.

Just goes to show that being an all time great at a position does not make you an expert in evaluating others ability to play the position. Other than Manning the Broncos QB’s under Elway’s management have been underwhelming.
Thanks given by:
Antonio Brown has also asked for a trade out of Pittsburgh.

Wonder where he'll be headed, or who will step up and take a flyer on Brown at the receiver position.
Thanks given by:
I doubt Brown is headed anywhere, but I guess we'll see.

The Steelers will only save about 1 million in cap space if they trade him, and apparently all anyone is offering is a 4th round pick.
Thanks given by:
Anyone watch any of the new league...Alliance of American Football?

I'd be interested to watch a game, but time zones kill it for me.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 10:19 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: I doubt Brown is headed anywhere, but I guess we'll see.

The Steelers will only save about 1 million in cap space if they trade him, and apparently all anyone is offering is a 4th round pick.

There was a rumour that Odell might be traded.  And it got me wondering if there might be some value in the Giants trading Odell to the Steelers for A Brown?  Brown gets out, the giants get away from odell, the steelers replace brown with someone just as good.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-14, 08:10 AM)himmelblau Wrote: Anyone watch any of the new league...Alliance of American Football?

I'm curious about it, but haven't watched any yet
Thanks given by:
Jason Witten coming out of retirement to return to the Cowboys
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-28, 10:20 PM)CTS Wrote: Jason Witten coming out of retirement to return to the Cowboys

Antonio Gates is still playing at 38. Witten is a couple of years younger, but who knows how that year off is going to effect him.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 05:07 PM)ckendall Wrote: Antonio Brown has also asked for a trade out of Pittsburgh.

Wonder where he'll be headed, or who will step up and take a flyer on Brown at the receiver position.

Cowboys should trade Cooper for him.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-01, 07:21 AM)encore Wrote:
(2019-02-28, 10:20 PM)CTS Wrote: Jason Witten coming out of retirement to return to the Cowboys

Antonio Gates is still playing at 38. Witten is a couple of years younger, but who knows how that year off is going to effect him.

Dallas is pretty thin at that position.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-14, 09:11 AM)RyeRocks Wrote:
(2019-02-14, 08:10 AM)himmelblau Wrote: Anyone watch any of the new league...Alliance of American Football?

I'm curious about it, but haven't watched any yet

I watched about a half a game. It was pretty good, I can see it catching due to its off season scheduling as it doesn’t compete directly with the NFL. Or CFL for that matter (and interestingly enough, each AAF team is assigned a CFL team to which they own the rights of those players should they cross over). 

That said, apparently they almost missed payroll week 1 and needed a $250M bailout to do so. Salary structure is a bit strange, all players make the same salary:  a 3 year contract worth $250K. Not too bad considering the short 10 week season I guess. Per game pay would be roughly on par with the average CFL salary I think.  If it survives the first season, I could see some of the less prolific players moving over from the CFL.
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-01, 08:20 AM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2019-03-01, 07:21 AM)encore Wrote:

Dallas is pretty thin at that position.

Witten is pretty much the only Cowboy I have ever had much respect for. Good for him. 

Have to think the year off will affect things like his twitchiness. Which I guess isn’t a big deal for a possesion TE like Witten.
Thanks given by:
So looks like Murray made the right choice as he’s now the popular pick to go #1 overall in the draft. The Cardinals moving on from Rosen already is pretty embarrassing imo. Either they totally F’d up when picking him or they’re giving up on him too early. Either way the Cards look stupid.

Bosa to the 49ers though, so i’ll happily take that.
Thanks given by:
AB to the Bills a couple days ago, now reports he is going to the Raiders instead lol

Him and Gruden??? haha
Thanks given by:
AB comes out of this thing the big winner. Gets out of a situation he was unhappy in and gets a new deal with guaranteed money he didn’t have in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh comes out the big loser. Underwhelming return on a truly elite WR and still take a substantial cap hit from him.
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-10, 01:00 AM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: AB to the Bills a couple days ago, now reports he is going to the Raiders instead lol

Him and Gruden??? haha

Yeah...deal to Bills was nixed when it came out he wouldn't report to them.
Thanks given by:
Nick Foles to Jacksonville.

4 years, $88 million with over $50 million guaranteed
Thanks given by:
Bills had an interesting day.

Locking up Morse from the Chiefs should be a huge help to keeping Allen upright next season, theirnO line was atrocious last year. I like that move.

They also inexplicably signed Frank Gore. The Bills now have the 3 oldest RBs in the league with Gore, McCoy and Ivory. Something has to give there. And they best be drafting a RB in the first half of this years draft too.

Couple other less flashy signing with Kroft coming in to replace the disappointing Charles Clay and former 1st round CB Kevin Johnson. A couple of risk/reward signings.

Oddly they still haven’t addressed a huge area of concern at WR. Still lots of options available on that front though. And I’m glad that Brown refuses to go to Buffalo. That’s a huge deal he got with the Raiders.
Thanks given by:
Bills sign 2 WR's today. John Brown from the Ravens to a 3 years deal worth 27 million, and then moments later announced they have agreed to a deal with former Cowboys WR Cole Beasley, 4 years 29 million.

A deep threat in Brown, and a slot receiver in Beasley. Both should help Allen.
Thanks given by:
Latavius Murray signing with the Saints. 4 years 14.4 million. More than likely marking the end of Mark Ingram's run in New Orleans.
Thanks given by: