Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason Thread - NFL
(Yesterday, 09:52 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Wrestlemania is in 2 weeks. Guaranteed he’s there and gets involved. That’s the post football career he wants.

He may wrestle but i bet you that he'll be an actor soon.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't wrestling & all the training it requires be every bit as grueling as football?
Thanks given by:
In football people are actually trying to hurt you, not pretend trying.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(10 hours ago)CTS Wrote: Wouldn't wrestling & all the training it requires be every bit as grueling as football?

I doubt he’d wrestle a full schedule. 20-30 matches a year maximum and several none wrestling appearances would be my guess so as to let him do other things. He’d have to stay in shape, but on that type of schedule it would be much less grueling than football was.

WWE love celebrity and Gronk loves pro wrestling. It’s a perfect pairing for them both.
Thanks given by: CTS
Being interested in wrestling, does not equal making it in wrestling.

Doesn't matter how much he wants it...he could go to the performance center and absolutely flop.
Thanks given by:
(6 hours ago)Chris D Wrote: Being interested in wrestling, does not equal making it in wrestling.

Doesn't matter how much he wants it...he could go to the performance center and absolutely flop.

He’s not like other ex-football players getting into wrestling. He’s a “celebrity”. WWE will do whatever they can to have him be part of their company. Whether or not he’ll be good at it is irrelevant. 

He’s not going to go and train for 6 months to a year at the PC and then debut on NXT where he’d stay for a year or 2 before graduating to the main roster. They’ll want him on as many big shows as possible ASAP.

If he wants to be good at wrestling I have little doubt that he could be as Gronk is a freak athlete, but in the end it doesn’t matter if he’s good. If he wants to do it WWE will happily let him, because they LOVE famous people and Gronk fits that bill.
Thanks given by:
Well...at least one thing Gronk has going for him, is his age...not even 30 yet.

Its harder to break in, the older you get. Cant think of too many, outside of DDP, that did it on the wrong side of 35.
Thanks given by: