Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason Thread
Rumours of a 3 team deal that would send Realmuto to the Mets, Thor to the Yankees and presumably prospects to Florida.

Marlins say its not true.
Thanks given by:
Oh my....Syndergaard on the Yanks?
Thanks given by:
Why are the Mets so set on getting rid of Thor? Realmuto is a great add to any team, but you need pitching. Is it the contract?
Thanks given by:
That trade makes zero sense to me. I even saw one iteration of it that had Gary Sanchez going to Miami lol.

If the Mets are intent on moving a pitcher (and I have no idea why they would be) Wheeler would make the most sense. He had a bounce-back year so they'd be presumably selling high, and they get to keep their top 2 starters. The Yankees would send 1/3 of the prospect value to Miami, the Mets 2/3. Or something like that.

Who knows what Van Waganen is going to do though.
Thanks given by:
Happ is sticking with the Yanks.

Pretty good depth rotation piece...especially if they can also add Thor.
Thanks given by:
Mets have come out and said they have little interest in trading Syndergaard. Which is really the only logical answer. It never made any sense.
Thanks given by:
Rays sign Charlie Morton to a 2 year $30 million deal.

That's a major splurge by Tampa
Thanks given by:
Charlie Morton signs with Tampa Bay. Interesting deal, 2 years 30 million, with a 3rd year option that could be worth 15 million, or as little as 1 million, if he sustains a major injury.

That's pretty good value IMO. Even though he's 35, he still over the last 2 years in Houston has been fantastic. Even broke 200 K's this year in only 167 innings.
Thanks given by:
Makes you wonder how no one else was interested if that was the price.
Thanks given by: thebest41587 , thebest41587
Yeah if I'm the Jays I would've paid that for sure. I probably would've went to 32 or even 34. They were after Happ, and have shown interest in Keuchel, and I'm guessing they don't want long term commitments. Seems like the perfect candidate for them, unless they are basement bargain hunting again like they tried with Garcia.
Thanks given by:
Just read Morton has an assignment bonus too in the deal. He gets a 1 million bonus if traded in 2019, 500K if traded in 2020.
Thanks given by:
Seattle flips Santana for......Edwin?? Huh?
Thanks given by:
^I have to assume he's going to be flipped again.
Thanks given by: thebest41587
(2018-12-13, 12:27 PM)Andrew Wrote: Seattle flips Santana for......Edwin?? Huh?

Edwin is a slight improvement at the plate 

At worst it's a lateral move
Thanks given by:
That is questionable. He is also older and can't play the field.

But I suspect its more about the compensation pick the M's also got from Cleveland. That makes it more sensical.
Thanks given by: