Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason Thread
Rivero is lights out. I can't believe some websites were speculating that he might be next to go in the selloff.

Although I'd cringe at the idea of a team "building around" a relief pitcher. Or pitchers in general. Just so volatile year to year and health-wise. I think Glasnow is a reliever long-term and expecting Taillon and Keller to anchor the top of a rotation is super risky. Meadows needs to become a star and the Bucks need some more position players to surround him with.

The fact that Reynolds and Moran immediately slot into the team's top 5 prospects should be a little concerning as I don't see them being anything more than average regulars. Useful, but not guys you build around.
Thanks given by:
I can see why people thought he would go and its mostly, like you said, because he is a reliver. A lights out reliever on what is probably a 75-80 win team doesn't make much sense. He is probably worth more as a trade chip then as a player to the Pirates.
Thanks given by:
I don't really know what to make of these moves by the Giants. Longoria and now McCutchen. Obviously anything can happen in the playoffs, but I still don't think they're good enough to make the playoffs this year.

Thanks given by:
The NL is not overly deep. The Giants are probably a solid bet to grab a wildcard.

The Giants are basically in the same position the Tigers were in a couple years ago. They are going to fall of a cliff in a couple years and its going to be bad. So they have just said **** it and embraced the coming abyss by going all in right now while they still can.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't surprise me if the Giants flip Cutch at the deadline if they're out of it & end up with a better package than what they traded for him
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-16, 08:14 PM)CTS Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if the Giants flip Cutch at the deadline if they're out of it & end up with a better package than what they traded for him

It should definitely surprise you if the Giants get a better deal for 3 months of McCutchen than the Pirates got for 1 year of him (and kicking in $2.5 million in money) because it would mean some team has probably made a very bad trade.
Thanks given by:
Someone's sarcasm metre is off!
Thanks given by:
Justin Morneau officially retired yesterday and is joining the Twins as a special assistant.

One has to wonder what kinda numbers he would've put up had it not been for that collision at 2nd base in 2010 that basically cost him a full season. He was never really the same, even though he did win the NL batting title in 2014.

The 2017 WBC was his last appearance.
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-18, 11:29 AM)CTS Wrote: Someone's sarcasm metre is off!

Hard to detect sarcasm when you give zero indication its sarcasm. Especially given your posting.....style.
Thanks given by: