Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason Thread
I could actually see the Phillies as a darkhorse WC contender this year. Aaron Nola is a budding ace and the young guys behind him all have varying amounts of upside (albeit health questions). A full season from Hoskins is a scary thought. If Franco rebounds and some of the young players like Kingery, Crawford, Williams and Alfaro don't suck, I could see them with an outside shot at the 2WC. For what it's worth, PECOTA had them at 78 wins prior to Arrieta signing.
Thanks given by: ckendall
If anything will help the Phillies...its their division...it's pretty much the Nat's...and that's it.

Outside of the division, I think there is far too much competition to even think about a WC spot. Brewers loaded up this off-season too, and they may end up 4th in their division.
Thanks given by:
That's a great deal for Philly. Too bad the Jays didn't land him for three years.
Thanks given by:
Neil Walker signs with the Yankees. 1 year and around 5 million apparently.

A's officially announce the Jonathan Lucroy signing. 1 year 6.5 million.
This doesn't really have to do with anything but I thought it was pretty funny and entertaining to watch:

(2018-03-11, 07:37 PM)shadylane Wrote: I could actually see the Phillies as a darkhorse WC contender this year. Aaron Nola is a budding ace and the young guys behind him all have varying amounts of upside (albeit health questions). A full season from Hoskins is a scary thought. If Franco rebounds and some of the young players like Kingery, Crawford, Williams and Alfaro don't suck, I could see them with an outside shot at the 2WC. For what it's worth, PECOTA had them at 78 wins prior to Arrieta signing.

The Phillies slowly but surely may soon be reaping the rewards of their rebuild.

They look like a team that could be a real threat in the NL East in a couple of years.
Thanks given by:
Just saw a stat about Pedro in his 2000 season. He went 18-6 that year

His line in those 6 losses

8 IP, 1 R, 1 BB, 9 K 2-1 loss to Cleveland Sept 20th
7 IP, 3 R, 2 BB, 9 K 5-3 loss to Yankees Sept 9th
8 IP, 2 R, 0 BB, 9 K 2-1 complete game loss to Anaheim Aug 8th
8 IP, 3 R, 1 BB, 9 K 3-0 loss to Yankees June 20th
8 IP, 3 R, 3 BB, 7 K 3-2 loss to Toronto May 23rd
9 IP, 1 R, 1 BB, 17 K 1-0 complete game loss to Tampa Bay May 6th
Thanks given by:
His lines in his wins were probably worse than his losses Happy
Thanks given by:
He had 5 no decisions, those were definitely worse in a couple instances.

Gave up 5 runs in 6.2 to the Jays once in a 6-5 loss

Gave up 6 runs in 8 to the Royals in a 9-7 win
Thanks given by:
K-Rod and Bartolo Colon both released today by Phillies and Rangers respectively. Zack Wheeler sent down by the Mets as well.

Sounds like Rangers want to keep Colon, but didn't want to pay the 1.75 million guarantee he'd be due. Working on alternatives. Didn't actually perform too bad this spring for them.
Thanks given by:
AJ Puk has been recommended to have TJ surgery.  Damn that sucks for the A's
Thanks given by:
Salvy Perez slipped carrying luggage. Out 4-6 weeks with partially torn MCL.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-28, 05:34 PM)Andrew Wrote: Salvy Perez slipped carrying luggage. Out 4-6 weeks with partially torn MCL.

As far as bizarre baseball injuries go, that's still not as bad as falling going up the stairs, falling asleep in the tanning bed, having a nightmare about spiders & crashing into a glass table
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-28, 11:58 PM)CTS Wrote:
(2018-03-28, 05:34 PM)Andrew Wrote: Salvy Perez slipped carrying luggage. Out 4-6 weeks with partially torn MCL.

As far as bizarre baseball injuries go, that's still not as bad as falling going up the stairs,  falling asleep in the tanning bed, having a nightmare about spiders & crashing into a glass table

oh Glenallen Hill... Happy
Thanks given by:
Happy Opening Day!
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-29, 12:11 AM)Chris D Wrote:
(2018-03-28, 11:58 PM)CTS Wrote:

As far as bizarre baseball injuries go, that's still not as bad as falling going up the stairs,  falling asleep in the tanning bed, having a nightmare about spiders & crashing into a glass table

oh Glenallen Hill... Happy
I think it might have been Tony Gwynn back in the day that missed a few games because he slammed his hand in the car door while at the bank to cash a cheque.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Vince Coleman broke his leg after being rolled over by the tarp during a rain delay.
Thanks given by:
watching marlins/cubs right now and they have an actual square on the screen where the strike zone is...is this a new thing? so annoying
Thanks given by: