Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Oilers News and Notes
One interesting nuance though, he said that “he heard” management thought he was milking it – not that management actually said anything to him along those lines. Heard from who? His agent? A media member? His nurse?
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-08, 05:25 PM)25YearRebuild Wrote: This isn't new news.  And Souray is not the first former Oiler to speak out against the OBC.  Apologist fans and the apologist Edmonton media seem to forget things like this.  

But what is it with these weird infections around this team?  Katz almost died.  Souray almost lost his hand.  Klefbom had a serious staph infection.  And I believe Ethan Moreau once had a bruised foot that turned into a serious infection .  Maybe Bobby Nicks was right - there is something in the water.

Nah, it's clearly the fans fault.
Thanks given by:
Its good that Keith Gretzky was with Holland at the Condor game last night - we know that Holland would like to have him on the team (AGM? Head of Amateur Scouting? Moved to the Pro Scouting side?), however, we don't know if Keith wants to stay. He likely does.

Yes, MacT was there - he is currently on the management team and his main mandate is the Condors. I believe its unlikely he is given his walking papers and Oilers fans will need to accept that. Could be wrong.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-08, 05:52 PM)Superlube11 Wrote:
(2019-05-08, 05:25 PM)25YearRebuild Wrote: This isn't new news.  And Souray is not the first former Oiler to speak out against the OBC.  Apologist fans and the apologist Edmonton media seem to forget things like this.  

But what is it with these weird infections around this team?  Katz almost died.  Souray almost lost his hand.  Klefbom had a serious staph infection.  And I believe Ethan Moreau once had a bruised foot that turned into a serious infection .  Maybe Bobby Nicks was right - there is something in the water.

Nah, it's clearly the fans fault.

When they said we were poisonous, I didn’t think that they meant it literally.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-09, 09:52 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Its good that Keith Gretzky was with Holland at the Condor game last night - we know that Holland would like to have him on the team (AGM? Head of Amateur Scouting? Moved to the Pro Scouting side?), however, we don't know if Keith wants to stay. He likely does.

Yes, MacT was there - he is currently on the management team and his main mandate is the Condors. I believe its unlikely he is given his walking papers and Oilers fans will need to accept that. Could be wrong.

If it's all the same Yahoo's still working here, reshuffling or not, nothing changes. Holland can't wave his magical wand & suddenly make Mac T, Howson & Co. competent.

Fans don't have to & should not accept this. C'mon Holland start firing some people, that's the next step
Thanks given by:
MacT's current mandate is mainly related to Bakersfield - I'm not sure what his day to day is but it seems he may be doing very well.

Happy and excited to keep Keith Gretzky in the fold - he's done great work on the amateur side.

I'm sure that the current pro scouting department will be gutted within the next few weeks.
Thanks given by:
Mac T does a lot of Pro Scouting
Thanks given by:
Pro-scouting is such a mess and everyone needs to go.

How did that work last year exactly? Word is Chiarelli kept his cards close to his chest and didn't include many in his thoughts. So who was he getting his intel on players from? What was he asking the pro-scouts to do?

I still want to know what MacTavish did with Bakersfield? He didn't build the team. So what did he do that was so great?
Thanks given by:
I don't give a shit what MacT has been doing with Bakersfield.  It's beyond absurd that he's still employed here.
Thanks given by:
MacT is listed as Vice President of Hockey operations. His duties include the Condors & Pro Scouting. IE, he's still has WAY too much power & influence here & needs his ass taken out back yesterday

#jobsforlife
Thanks given by:
Big day of hockey today:

Canada opens its World Championships this morning vs. Finland

Guelph in game 5 of the OHL championships (tied at 2)

Condors look to even up the series with the Gulls at 2 after a huge comeback win

Oh ya, Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals!
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-09, 01:07 PM)CTS Wrote: MacT is listed as Vice President of Hockey operations.  His duties include the Condors & Pro Scouting.   IE,   he's still has WAY too much power & influence here & needs his ass taken out back yesterday

#jobsforlife

MacT is awful when it comes to evaluating talent

He Compared Marty Reasoner to Joe Sakic
He wanted Draisytle to become Kopitar the day he was drafted
He hired Eakins
He let Petry go
He's arrogant

That's enough for me....he has to go
Thanks given by: CTS , CTS
Holland’s thoughts on the prospect d-men from a short sample of views (love his words on Lagesson):

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/hockey/nh...-prospects

“Obviously Evan Bouchard is here. I thought as the game wore on and the team got behind in the third period, coach Jay Woodcroft played Bouchard almost every second shift. He can generate offence from the back end and you could see his confidence grow as he was getting out there more and more. I saw a lot of him in junior last year. I know he’s a real good prospect.

It was my first look at Ethan Bear. I thought he played well. He got hurt in the third period but he played well. Caleb Jones played well. He’s a mobile puck-moving defenseman and you could see what he has to offer.

I liked William Lagesson. He’s a good player. He’s maybe the most important defenceman on the team down here. He’s a 23-year-old. He’s at a good age. That’s young enough to have the upside yet old enough to have some experience.”
Thanks given by: teamblue
(2019-05-11, 12:17 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Holland’s thoughts on the prospect d-men from a short sample of views (love his words on Lagesson):

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/hockey/nh...-prospects

“Obviously Evan Bouchard is here. I thought as the game wore on and the team got behind in the third period, coach Jay Woodcroft played Bouchard almost every second shift. He can generate offence from the back end and you could see his confidence grow as he was getting out there more and more. I saw a lot of him in junior last year. I know he’s a real good prospect.

It was my first look at Ethan Bear. I thought he played well. He got hurt in the third period but he played well. Caleb Jones played well. He’s a mobile puck-moving defenseman and you could see what he has to offer.

I liked William Lagesson. He’s a good player. He’s maybe the most important defenceman on the team down here. He’s a 23-year-old. He’s at a good age. That’s young enough to have the upside yet old enough to have some experience.”

Reading into that it seems Lagesson is a player Holland will take a long look at as a NHL roster option.

Thanks given by:
William Lagesson is NHL ready – he has been developed perfectly post-draft – two season in college, one in the top Swedish league and then a full season in the AHL.

He is a “new age” Jason Smith or “new age” Adam Larsson – a defensive d-man that is a plus and aggressive defender but also a good skater and a solid puck mover with decent offensive instincts.

While I think that the org likely has Jones ahead of him due to his skating and transition game, I personally put Lagesson on the same level of NHL readiness – he likely starts in Bakersfield and Jones in the NHL next year but he will get his chance and he may never see the AHL again – he’s going to be a fan favorite.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like Woodcroft is off to LA to join Toddy after they are done. Maybe tonight
Thanks given by: teamblue
Jay Woodcroft very mon-committal when asked where he’ll be next year - blah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: