Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oilers News and Notes
He's out for the upcoming road trip according to the guys on Team 1260
Thanks given by:
Really? Who said that? Coach said he was to be re-evaluated tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Game night tonight.

Looking forward to a great performance by the team tonight.

This turns around tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-16, 09:32 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Really? Who said that? Coach said he was to be re-evaluated tomorrow.

One of the talking heads, can't remember who
Thanks given by:
Was he just spit-balling or was it based on information from the team.

I think its likely going to be the case but I haven't heard anything from the team yet and Drai is scheduled to be evaluated today.
Thanks given by:
It sounded like his opinion / speculation. Who knows. I just had radio on in background & that little piece caught my attention
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 08:37 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Was he just spit-balling or was it based on information from the team.

I think its likely going to be the case but I haven't heard anything from the team yet and Drai is scheduled to be evaluated today.

We’ll find out soon today .

If he isn’t cleared to even travel with the team then my guess is he’s out for the next couple / few weeks at least.

Thanks given by:
Yup, I'm going to guess we'll get an update after the skate this morning.

He'd be eligible to come off the IR for Thursday's game.

I think its unlikely that he'll play on the trip but that's just pure speculation on my part based on nothing but feeling.

I'm hopeful of good news later today.

Drake too - lets not forget, with both these guys out and Slepy not even close to top form, our speed has been super compromised as well as our secondary/tertiary scoring.

Drai, Caggulia and Slepy were our 1RW, 2RW and 2C at the end of the playoffs last year.
Thanks given by:
I'm just going to tell myself that they are getting the injuries out of the way early this year.

We probably also need to address Strome as an issue. He's really disappointed me thus far. I didn't have high expectations, but so far, I can't see any sort of contributions from him - he's effectively a black hole.

It's early going though. Plenty of time to turn things around.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 10:57 AM)HockeyHippy Wrote: I'm just going to tell myself that they are getting the injuries out of the way early this year.

We probably also need to address Strome as an issue. He's really disappointed me thus far. I didn't have high expectations, but so far, I can't see any sort of contributions from him - he's effectively a black hole.

It's early going though. Plenty of time to turn things around.

Management said all the right things but let's call Strome what he is. A reclamation project in return for a salary dump.

I didn't and don't have much of any expectations for him. Yes, he's young enough and COULD turn things around but I haven't seen any lthing so far that tells me he will.

The kid has been given every opportunity and hasn't done anything with it. Heck, an undersized rookie has shown more game and will then he has and he has NHL experience that should be working in his favour

We'll see

Thanks given by:
Brossoit is starting tonight.

Drai skating before practice again today.

Looking forward to the update on him later today.
Thanks given by:
Its been four games - I'm hoping/expecting for a lot more from Strome as well but its been 4 games and he's been yo-yoed all over the lineup.

I'm going to allow the player some more time to get in to a rhythm and get comfortable until I call him a huge disappointment and black hole.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 11:59 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Brossoit is starting tonight.

Drai skating before practice again today.

Looking forward to the update on him later today.

Awesome! I'm excited to see how LB responds
Thanks given by:
Coach didn't provide any update on Drai at his media avail (and wasn't asked about it - at least in the 6 minute clip I saw).
Thanks given by: