Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Oilers News and Notes
(1 hour ago)maclintock Wrote: I guess faulk is owed 6 mill a year for the next 2 , even though his cap hit is 4.5ish.  Also I guess the new owner is kinda cheap and with all the D they have he may not cost quite as much once the season starts.

Still bet we would lose Jesse over that trade.

Not that I've been JP's biggest supporter, but if Jesse turns out to be a player, that would be a catastrophic blunder.... again.

We have nothing to trade for a defenceman now, really.  i think we might be in trouble here.

Of course, if merely losing Sekera is what sinks your team, then the team was in trouble anyway.
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)ZappaScores Wrote: If only there was a way to know that our D had holes and need to be repaired before this happened. Then we wouldn't have appeared so desperate... Icon_rolleyes

I wonder how much Krug or Faulk will cost once Oscar goes down.

Just think if that happens we will be getting one of these fine young Studs as we will be picking in that top 5 lol. 

Jack Hughes
Dylan Cozens
Phillip Broberg
Vassily Podkolzin
Kappa Kakko
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)Fritz Wrote:
(1 hour ago)maclintock Wrote: I guess faulk is owed 6 mill a year for the next 2 , even though his cap hit is 4.5ish.  Also I guess the new owner is kinda cheap and with all the D they have he may not cost quite as much once the season starts.

Not that I've been JP's biggest supporter, but if Jesse turns out to be a player, that would be a catastrophic blunder.... again.

We have nothing to trade for a defenceman now, really.  i think we might be in trouble here.

Of course, if merely losing Sekera is what sinks your team, then the team was in trouble anyway.

True
Thanks given by:
I guess we shall see what happens.  Fun times
Thanks given by:
This still doesn't excuse why Chiarelli did nothing to improve the D this off season to date.    Same personal as last year's Defense that clearly wasn't good enough.

That's inexcusable.   Throw in the Sekera injury & that's a fireable offense.
Thanks given by:
Kakko would look great on Connor's wing.

Sent from my Google Pixel XL 128GB

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)CTS Wrote: This still doesn't excuse why Chiarelli did nothing to improve the D this off season to date.    Same personal as last year's Defense that clearly wasn't good enough.

That's inexcusable.   Throw in the Sekera injury & that's a fireable offense.

I was pissed that we didn't address this going into last season without Sekera, and it's probably going to be the exact same thing going into this season.  

How this man still has a career in the NHL is beyond me.
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)OilWings Wrote:

Sekera and a 3rd/prospect for Faulk.  Carolina can put Sekera on ltir. Saves 500K on when Sekera when he gets back.

Why would the Canes even consider that?
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)Fritz Wrote:
(1 hour ago)OilWings Wrote:

Sekera and a 3rd/prospect for Faulk.  Carolina can put Sekera on ltir. Saves 500K on when Sekera when he gets back.

Why would the Canes even consider that?

They Wouldn't
Thanks given by:
You mean, they won't give us a valuable, healthy player for an over-the-hill, one-legged defenceman and a 3rd round pick?

I don't see why not?   Laugh
Thanks given by:
Considering what Carolina received in return for Jeff Skinner, a competent GM could acquire Faulk without giving up much. Chiarelli would offer Draisaitl & retain half of Faulk's salary
Thanks given by:
I guess Faulk had lots of personal demons last year.  Apparently likes the sauce a bit much as well as some other sheet going on.  I think TV mentioned last year that he liked his Drinks, I would say Beer is a fav with the size of his ass.
Maybe this is why he has not been moved?

The Outsider Stauffer said just a bit ago the same thing I heard that with him being owed 6 mill each of the next 2 years, that when the chq's start to flow, they might not be so inclined to ask a lot to dump him?

Faulk really dropped off last year and put on some big  weight on his arse, so maybe he was all bent up.

hope he is right in the head this year when he comes here Icon_eek
Thanks given by: