Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Oilers Training Camp
(Yesterday, 04:43 AM)Pouzar Wrote: In addition to re-assigning Marody, Malone, Lowe, likely McLeod, and releasing Garrison from his PTO, I wonder if they will release Upshall and or Chiasson.

Upshall hasn't played yet which shows the risk of signing him in the first place (although they may not want to release a player prior to giving him a chance to show his stuff - if he's healthy enough). Chiasson has shown OK in his opportunity but, with Yamamoto pushing and the likelihood to keep 8D, I don't see him being signed unless they are trading Kassian or the likes of Caggulia which both seem unlikely.

Hopefully the wifi on the plane works - I'm anxious to see what they do.

Agreed.

Jelly, Bear and Bouchard should and will all stick which doesn’t leave any room on the roster when both Rieder and Brodziak will also be heading to Europe. Time to trim the roster to the opening night one plus the three rookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks given by:
A couple quick notes:

Letestu cut in FLA - his game has really fallen off in a few years.

Josh Ho Sang sent to Bridgeport - unable to make it to the last round of cuts for NYI.

Thanks given by:
Gravel, Lowe and Malone on waivers.

A bit surprised about Gravel.

A sign we will see Bouchard or Bear break camp with the team.

Thanks given by:
Some caller on Team 1260 this morning came up with a new nickname for Mikko Koskinen

Mikko Lostagain
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
Upshall released. Marody assigned to condors
Thanks given by:
Reider & Yamomoto have switched spots in the lineup at practice this morning
Thanks given by:
Well, based on camp so far, Yamamoto on the second line and Rieder on the fourth makes sense.

Truth be told, Caggulia was better than Rieder last night but Tobias is much more established.

With Gravel on his way to the AHL, maybe they do only care 7D (Bouchard or Bear plus Jarabek) opening up a spot for Yamamoto.

Getting ahead of myself, they’ve only played one game against NHLers.

Thanks given by:
Gregor & Strudwick suggesting Koskinen would be better off starting in the AHL

Amen
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 04:51 PM)CTS Wrote: Gregor & Strudwick suggesting Koskinen would be better off starting in the AHL

Amen

Does he have to clear waivers?

If so, I assume he would get claimed since so many teams wanted to sign him.  Wink
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 07:27 PM)25YearRebuild Wrote:
(Yesterday, 04:51 PM)CTS Wrote: Gregor & Strudwick suggesting Koskinen would be better off starting in the AHL

Amen

Does he have to clear waivers?

If so, I assume he would get claimed since so many teams wanted to sign him.  Wink

No according to Pouzar & he knows more about waiver rules than me.
Thanks given by:
Koskinen does not have to clear waivers.
Thanks given by:
So we trade him.  Considering how hot of a commodity he was before we won the bidding war, he should be worth 2 first round picks and an elite prospect.
Thanks given by: