Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oils eyeing Zaits
Apparently according to the Score. Edmonton Oilers are interested in Zaits 

From The Score 

Who do they have we could use?
Thanks given by:
Considering the Oilers new GM recently said in no uncertain words that he isn't looking to upgrade the defence this off-season........

Then again, this wouldn't really be an upgrade now, would it?
Thanks given by: colonel mustard
Maybe they want to part with Russell, Manning or some other spare parts? Zaitsev sorta kinda fills a need on the right side but his term ia kinda long for them.

Figured the Oil would target a forward like Brown, AJ or Kapanen over Zaitsev
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 05:37 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Considering the Oilers new GM recently said in no uncertain words that he isn't looking to upgrade the defence this off-season........

Then again, this wouldn't really be an upgrade now, would it?

So if it’s  not an upgrade then the speculation must be true. But ppl say different shit. Just different days
Thanks given by:
Maybe Zaitsev and brown for Lucic and a sweetner

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 05:46 PM)eh_prdcanadian Wrote: Maybe Zaitsev and brown for Lucic and a sweetner

I rather keep both. Lucic is right up there with rat face to n my number one most hated players chart.
Thanks given by:
stay far away from Lucic.

especially on a team facing a cap crunch. cap hit of 6 mil for the next 4 years, and is NOT worth it (54 pts combined in the last two FULL seasons..its not like he even missed time),

stay far far away from Lucic.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13 , colonel mustard
(2019-06-13, 05:50 PM)LordFerg13 Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 05:46 PM)eh_prdcanadian Wrote: Maybe Zaitsev and brown for Lucic and a sweetner

I rather keep both. Lucic is right up there with fat face to n my number one most hated players chart.

Who's fat face?  Jeff O'Neill? Kessel?
Thanks given by:

I rather keep both. Lucic is right up there with rat face to n my number one most hated players chart.
I kinda agree with you. It would need to be a sweetener but just thinking maybe we would need to take a contract back because Zaitsev has lots of term left too and we need some grit.
Would a change of scenery help Lucic? Probally but could backfire. But if the oil added a first or something with Lucic or something significant who knows

Thanks given by:
Zaitsev cap hit only 4.5, for the next 5 years. Lots of term...but low value.

we shouldn't have to eat a bad contract for them to take that. That is cost certainty for them.

stay away from Lucic.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
(2019-06-13, 05:52 PM)ZappaScores Wrote:

I rather keep both. Lucic is right up there with fat face to n my number one most hated players chart.

Who's fat face?  Jeff O'Neill? Kessel?
Lol rat face.  I’m on my cell. Got NaN have to stop using it soon as typing is getting harder for me. And I’m using one of those pens and it’s now getting harder to Type with it.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 05:57 PM)eh_prdcanadian Wrote:

I kinda agree with you. It would need to be a sweetener but just thinking maybe we would need to take a contract back because Zaitsev has lots of term left too and we need some grit.
Would a change of scenery help Lucic? Probally but could backfire. But if the oil added a first or something with Lucic or something significant who knows

A first what? Round draft pick?

Certainly not in that scenario with an anchor contract with 5 years of term coming back.

If the Oilers add the 8th overall to Lucic that would need to result in a clean disposition all $6M, end stop. That would not be something the Oilers should or would be willing to do though.
Thanks given by:
Papa always told me, "Never buy another man's problem".
"To love life is to plant trees, under which shade you may never sit"
Thanks given by:
So then we are agreed, no Zaitsev to Edmonton.....
Thanks given by:
Zaitsev has the 62nd highest cap hit amongst NHL defenseman. His cap hit ranking among defenseman will certainly drop going forward. He does not have an anchor contract and is not the shitty player people make him out to be.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13 , CuttingEdge
(2019-06-13, 07:38 PM)Pouzar Wrote: So then we are agreed, no Zaitsev to Edmonton.....

Lol.  Certainly not if it means Lucic, the slug, to T.
"To love life is to plant trees, under which shade you may never sit"
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 07:48 PM)Arsenal Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 07:38 PM)Pouzar Wrote: So then we are agreed, no Zaitsev to Edmonton.....

Over the last few days the Oiler board has transformed Lucic from unwanted to All Star. LOL. Hide your prospects kids, Looch is coming to your town.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 09:26 PM)Marsh Wrote:

Over the last few days the Oiler board has transformed Lucic from unwanted to All Star. LOL. Hide your prospects kids, Looch is coming to your town.

Not by me - I've posted ad nauseum why Eriksson is the better player of all players.
Thanks given by:

I say no as well. Getting very tired of the Leafs looking to take other teams Garbage Lucic has done squat since he left Boston. So why would the Leafs want to take that for us!
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 09:28 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 09:26 PM)Marsh Wrote:

Not by me - I've posted ad nauseum why Eriksson is the better player of all players.

Pouz, I knew your stance. Your Oiler buddies seem to have decided to keep him. Most teams, like the Leafs, want nothing to do with him.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by: