Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old video games you would like to see remade/remastered
Intellivision Major League Baseball...

Graphics are pretty dated Silly
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-19, 08:25 AM)binder Wrote: final fantasy 6, but don't change the battle system like they did with the remake of 7

I want to see uematsu remake that opera scene with a full orchestra

I'm down for this. Want to see a refined version of Kefka, the most crazy sob of all time lol
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
The original Tetris for NES. The one with the Kremlin on it.
It's the only game I've ever played where 2 players on a split screen could play their own game. 1 player could lose and restart without affecting the other's game.
It may have been basic, but that feature alone was great.
Thanks given by:
Lots of old NES classics. Teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 and Zelda come to mind.
Thanks given by:
This new Star Wars game EA is making sounds like it could be just what the KOTOR fans have been clamouring for.
Thanks given by:
It's nothing like Kotor. It's like Uncharted or Tomb Raider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-08, 06:12 PM)Hieremias Wrote: It's nothing like Kotor. It's like Uncharted or Tomb Raider.

less interested.
Thanks given by:
I'm scratching my head a bit thinking of a good example of a remastered/remade game. I've seen a lot of mediocre remakes- looking at you, Xcom - but not anything to write home about.
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-08, 06:12 PM)Hieremias Wrote: It's nothing like Kotor. It's like Uncharted or Tomb Raider.

I have not played either of those games so I cannot comment.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-09, 05:56 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:

I have not played either of those games so I cannot comment.

They're action-adventure games with 7-12 hour campaigns. Lots of side stuff too but not as in depth as an KOTOR which is more of an action rpg game. If you ever get a chance, try out Tomb Raider or Uncharted, very fun!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-09, 04:58 PM)HockeyHippy Wrote: I'm scratching my head a bit thinking of a good example of a remastered/remade game. I've seen a lot of mediocre remakes- looking at you, Xcom - but not anything to write home about.

Resident Evil 2 remake for PS4 this year took one of my favorite games ever and made it a lot better. I'd like to see the entire series remade in fact.
Don't fool yourself each and every cheer for the Raps is a cheer for Drake. 
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-09, 04:58 PM)HockeyHippy Wrote: I'm scratching my head a bit thinking of a good example of a remastered/remade game. I've seen a lot of mediocre remakes- looking at you, Xcom - but not anything to write home about.

Dude the new XCOM is brilliant.

Just to be clear: "Remaster" = better textures or framerate on an old game, possibly an upgrade to UI / controls. Often involves porting to a new engine. "Remake" = a brand new game inspired by an old one. In movie terms, the new Jumanji starring The Rock is a remake, a 4K up-rezzed BluRay release of the Robin Williams original would be a remaster. Set expectations accordingly.

Games that have been remastered excellently for modern systems: Uncharted 1-3 (the Nathan Drake collection), The Last of Us, Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light, Skyrim Special Edition, Halo Master Chief Collection, Bioshock 1 & 2, Age of Empires 2 HD. And many more. A good remaster should make an old game accessible on modern platforms and with modern control / UI expectations.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 08:29 AM)Hieremias Wrote:

Dude the new XCOM is brilliant.

Just to be clear: "Remaster" = better textures or framerate on an old game, possibly an upgrade to UI / controls. Often involves porting to a new engine. "Remake" = a brand new game inspired by an old one. In movie terms, the new Jumanji starring The Rock is a remake, a 4K up-rezzed BluRay release of the Robin Williams original would be a remaster. Set expectations accordingly.

Games that have been remastered excellently for modern systems: Uncharted 1-3 (the Nathan Drake collection), The Last of Us, Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light, Skyrim Special Edition, Halo Master Chief Collection, Bioshock 1 & 2, Age of Empires 2 HD. And many more. A good remaster should make an old game accessible on modern platforms and with modern control / UI expectations.

The new XCOM is anything but brilliant. It's the definition of a "railroad game", with a single viable strategy that strings you along a path. It's like the JRPG version of a strategy game. The Long War mod adds a little bit of agency into the game, and XCOM 2 is better in every way, but XCOM is just a butchery of an old IP.
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by:
Gorillas.bas
Thanks given by: