Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ottawa Citizen: Ouch!
Coach Q is available!
Thanks given by:
Well it’s been a while, like 3 whole weeks, since we’ve had a controversy of some sort. So I guess we were due.

This doesn’t bode well for Boucher’s ability to hold the rom though...
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-06, 12:28 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: Well it’s been a while, like 3 whole weeks, since we’ve had a controversy of some sort. So I guess we were due.

They weren't complaining about Boucher they were complaining about an assistant. Big difference.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-06, 12:46 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-11-06, 12:28 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: Well it’s been a while, like 3 whole weeks, since we’ve had a controversy of some sort. So I guess we were due.

They weren't complaining about Boucher they were complaining about an assistant. Big difference.

There's a significant difference but it doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in Boucher. We've only gotten the players side of the story, but if the head coach doesn't have a measure of how his team is respected, not sure how much of the room he can break through to.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-06, 12:46 PM)duediligence Wrote:

Boucher and Raymond go way WAY back. Boucher definitely took this personally.
Thanks given by:
https://www.tsn.ca/sens-say-uber-video-d...-1.1205197

Sounds like this video came to light because the Uber driver didn't get a tip.

"In one of the tweets he sent to an Ottawa reporter he wrote, “your Senators have a problem. Cheap entitled kids.” It included a link to his dash-cam video."
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-06, 04:37 PM)andreroy Wrote: https://www.tsn.ca/sens-say-uber-video-d...-1.1205197

Sounds like this video came to light because the Uber driver didn't get a tip.

"In one of the tweets he sent to an Ottawa reporter he wrote, “your Senators have a problem. Cheap entitled kids.” It included a link to his dash-cam video."

Maybe the tip reflected this guy's crappy attitude......
I truly wish him the worst.
Piece of shit.
Thanks given by:
Interesting to see most posters focus on blaming the Uber driver, or absolve the players by saying complaining about bosses is normal. While all that may be true, doesn't anyone think the attitude displayed is the reason why the Sens have a losing record?

Looks like there's a ton of work to be done. Coaches need to improve, players need to screw their heads on right, and Sens management needs to make some changes...still...lol. What a mess.
Thanks given by:
Exact opposite, players are doing what they can with what they have
They care and the coaches aren't doing their job.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Also, if you think this type of talk only happens on the Sens, I have some land to sell you in Florida.

Thanks given by:
Also, if you think this type of talk only happens on the Sens, I have some land to sell you in Florida.

Thanks given by:
The Uber driver was an a-hole. And the players are just a bunch of naive kids that flapped their jaws in the wrong place.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-07, 07:27 AM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote: Interesting to see most posters focus on blaming the Uber driver, or absolve the players by saying complaining about bosses is normal. While all that may be true, doesn't anyone think the attitude displayed is the reason why the Sens have a losing record?

Looks like there's a ton of work to be done. Coaches need to improve, players need to screw their heads on right, and Sens management needs to make some changes...still...lol. What a mess.

I personally refuse ro judge any players attitude with the Sens given the drama the organization has had. Until the organization shows some class and stability, i can't reasonably expect players to not sound like this in private convo's (which in all honesty are pretty tame my friend)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-07, 08:01 AM)PaliSENS Wrote: Exact opposite, players are doing what they can with what they have
They care and the coaches aren't doing their job.

Exactly this. That conversation shows they actually care
Thanks given by:
I don't see a problem with anything they said.
I also don't see a problem in the Uber driver releasing it.

In today's NHL you should always assume someone is taping you.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-07, 01:17 PM)Chip Wrote: I don't see a problem with anything they said.

This is total bullshit.

Hockey players have every right not be under surveillance like you and I.

Unless you support yourself being recorded when you are in public.
Thanks given by:
Watching the video again, most of the talk is about Raymond's boring video sessions.

"I stopped listening"

It's no different than the shit talk we would have about our profs in University.

The Uber driver is a scumbag because he wanted to embarrass the players. He knew he was only going to hurt people. That's why it was wrong.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-07, 01:31 PM)andreroy Wrote:
(2018-11-07, 01:17 PM)Chip Wrote: I don't see a problem with anything they said.

This is total bullshit.

Hockey players have every right not be under surveillance like you and I.

Unless you support yourself being recorded when you are in public.

Look around, everyone is illegally taped and nothing is done about it.
My work has hidden video everywhere.
If I get in a fight at a bar, someone is going to be taping me.
Heck, who knows if I'm neighbor isn't filming me take my garbage out every morning.

Today is a unique time. Literally everyone has a video camera in their hands, all the time.

In cabs and ubers, if you don't assume you are being recorded, you are a simpleton.
Thanks given by:
You are taking my point a little too literally.

I get that people get recorded doing their daily business all the time.

But it's surveillance if these people get exposed, named and shamed for doing nothing other than their daily business like bitching about their boss or taking out the garbage.

The boys were not breaking the law, spewing racist or sexist garbage or even saying anything that damning about the team.

Where I work (Public sector) we have cameras everywhere, but they are used to aid in criminal investigations not for candid camera purposes to catch customers and staff talking shit. Not unlike buddy's dashcam. It's there for his protection, not to play gotcha with a pro hockey team.
Thanks given by:
That's why I said I have no issues with what they said.
They should not be punished in any way.
This is merely news because they are famous.

Most people bitch about their boss, that's all this is.

The only issue the Uber driver probably shouldn't have exposed it, and has been fired (presumably).

Otherwise this is really a none issue to me.
Thanks given by: