Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ottawa Citizen: Schadenfreude
The Sens are a mess off the ice, and this looks bad for Hoffman and Karlsson ever playing on the same team again. We thought Pateryn's wife was special.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news...k-karlsson

Just one week after:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/n...a360cde3c3
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 05:09 PM)on2ndthought Wrote: The Sens are a mess off the ice, and this looks bad for Hoffman and Karlsson ever playing on the same team again. We thought Pateryn's wife was special.

Just one week after:

How could anyone say such things?  That's just a special breed of "human".
Thanks given by:
Until something is proven it's important to remember that these are just allegations. Hoffman denies all of them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I don't think it matters what the truth is. It matters what Karlsson's wife thinks. There is no way these guys can play on the same team together. Holy wow.... This is as crazy as it gets.
Thanks given by: FormalWare
Do we now question why Hoffman wasn't dealt at the deadline? If it's true, what team would want him?

Also, I'd rather have Geoffie and MB until 2068 than Melnyk for one day.
Thanks given by:
The police investigation, if done with the right resources, should prove the origin of the accounts and it can be determined if Hoffman's, his GF or anyone related to Hoffman had access to the accounts. Of course, if it's just a superficial investigation, who knows what they will actually uncover (or not uncover).

Whoever was harassing Karlsson and his wife after the loss of their child at birth has brought the whole perceived anonymity of the Internet and what results from that perception to a new low.

Hopefully, something comes of this (charges and a conviction), whomever is found to have been behind this, so that, at least, the event could have served a purpose and bring awareness to the fact that online harassment cases real pain and has consequences, as well as the fact that Internet anonymity is just a misperception that the average person has. People aware of this may think twice before spewing venom ad nauseam.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 06:23 PM)lillypad_33 Wrote: I don't think it matters what the truth is.  It matters what Karlsson's wife thinks.  There is no way these guys can play on the same team together.  Holy wow.... This is as crazy as it gets.
As far as the Karlssons and the Hoffmans (I know they aren't married) are concerned, you are right. They aren't sending each other Christmas/Hanukkah/Ramadan/whatever cards any time soon. However, I think that labradorcongo makes an important distinction to guard against unjust and rampant defamation of Hoffman and his GF. The facts have yet to be properly established and we likely won't know anything until the investigation is concluded, if then, unless actual charges are brought against anyone and a court case actually results from them.

Internet forums are already kangaroo courts as it is. Considering the subject matter of harassment on the Internet, maybe we should make sure to show some judgment...
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Hoffman:
"Obviously this is a tough time that they’re going through, and we want to find out who is doing this, because for some reason it’s coming into our court, and it’s 150 per cent that it’s not us.
“We have nothing to hide. We’re willing to co-operate in any way to solve this and figure it out, and prove that it wasn’t us.”

Anyone else find the 'us' comment interesting?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 05:09 PM)on2ndthought Wrote: The Sens are a mess off the ice, and this looks bad for Hoffman and Karlsson ever playing on the same team again. We thought Pateryn's wife was special.

Just one week after:

The second story bad but not surprising given what has been going on lately. Honestly surprised more stories haven't surfaced with metoo.

Now as for the 1st story....holy crap that is horrific. I'm pretty sure Karlsson hired an investigator to track that person down (I freakin would have). IMO the Hoffmans are going to have a lot of explaining to do. It doesn't get more reprehensible than that.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 06:42 PM)RightNyder Wrote: Hoffman:
"Obviously this is a tough time that they’re going through, and we want to find out who is doing this, because for some reason it’s coming into our court, and it’s 150 per cent that it’s not us.
“We have nothing to hide. We’re willing to co-operate in any way to solve this and figure it out, and prove that it wasn’t us.”

Not me.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 06:59 PM)Strummer Wrote:

Not me.

Me neither.
Thanks given by:
Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie
Quick reminder on the @OttawaCitizen story involving the Karlssons-Hoffmans. These are currently allegations, not facts. If true, they are horrendous. But if false, also horrendous. Either way, quite a mess to clean up for the Senators.

4:15 PM - Jun 12, 2018
286 people are talking about this
Thanks given by:
Yep, most definitely allegations. Regardless who is in fact responsible for them, it's classless and reprehensible behavior.

Also, I too would rather have MB and Geoffie until the end of time, over Melnick.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 07:00 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 06:59 PM)Strummer Wrote:

Not me.

Me neither.

I guess this is one of the many problems with the court of the internet. For too many of 'us' (me and millions of other meatheads), it's too often impossible to wait to see how things play out, instead parsing every sentence of info that comes forward and asking (probably) unfair questions.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 07:07 PM)Habysmal Wrote: Yep, most definitely allegations.  Regardless who is in fact responsible for them, it's classless and reprehensible behavior.  

Also, I too would rather have MB and Geoffie until the end of time, over Melnick.

See everyone? We do have some love, way down there somewhere, for His Purple Heinous...
Thanks given by: Habysmal
I remember a story on HIO from Sholi where he tracked down a internet troll to a public library, Yes they are allegations but if you think the Karlssons went to court without any real evidence, you're delusional. The Karlssons can be sued for making wrong accusations of this sort. Just this from the article:

It took the league’s top defenceman just seven minutes to respond: “How dare you. You have been making fake accounts and buying hacked ones for months to harass me and my wife but this is an all new low even for you. You are a disgusting person.”

How did EK know about the fake accounts and buying hacked ones??? If somebody went after my wife online and I was a multi-millionaire, guaranteed I would have hired somebody to track them down. Looks like they finally tracked that person down. The only question now IMO is how much was Mike Hoffman involved in this.

This is gonna get reaaaaal ugly...
Thanks given by: FormalWare
(2018-06-12, 06:23 PM)RightNyder Wrote: Do we now question why Hoffman wasn't dealt at the deadline? If it's true, what team would want him?

Rolling sound of thunder
“DONE!“
Thunder fade out...
"Only one thing matters in life, and it's the cup"  
                                            - Caresse Crosby

Thanks given by: RightNyder , RightNyder
twitter =  Puke
C'est quoi le maudit plan?!!
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 07:38 PM)Leb7 Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 06:23 PM)RightNyder Wrote: Do we now question why Hoffman wasn't dealt at the deadline? If it's true, what team would want him?

Rolling sound of thunder
“DONE!“
Thunder fade out...

The hockey gods have been mad at us since the Three Stooges buried the original torch in a backyard in Alma in 1995.
Thanks given by:
Meh. This stuff is best left to Dr. Phil.

My by far bigger fear is that whomever we don't pick at number three on the 22nd goes on to be a superstar with the Sens...
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: