Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Our Prospects Updates 2016
(2017-05-28, 11:20 PM)tm123 Wrote: Spitfires with the Memorial Cup win.  Sergachev named to the All-Star team.  Good way to hopefully end his AHL career.

You mean, skip? Happy
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-28, 11:46 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 11:20 PM)tm123 Wrote: Spitfires with the Memorial Cup win.  Sergachev named to the All-Star team.  Good way to hopefully end his AHL career.

You mean, skip? Happy

Haha, don't think he can play AHL anyway next year but CHL career is what I was going for.
Thanks given by:
Thought so. It's CHL or NHL next year, as it was this year...
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
I'm excited to see Hudon in camp this year. I'm going to guess he is on opening day roster.
I don't want to be your friend!
Thanks given by:
If not, he's maybe even traded before camp, which would be awful, IMO
Thanks given by:
Rada, if Mtl protects him then yes he will be given his shot at camp

But I am not even sure not will protect him. Tough decision for Mtl to use one for him or not. Imagine if they were to protect DLR instead!!! Got to think trades will start pouring in (all all teams) as LV protection lists are due for submission next week? Running out of time to not lose an asset for nothing.

Hope not doesn't do a Hudon for 4th rounder type of deal (to a team that can protect him) and then say they knew LV was going to take him so that's why they did it
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-08, 07:12 PM)Rada Wrote: I'm excited to see Hudon in camp this year. I'm going to guess he is on opening day roster.

I was excited to see him last season and get a shot on the team. I will also be excited to see him with the team this season, but as Haba mentioned that is not set in stone. Supposedly LV is quite interested in Hudon and were even down in St. John's to see him.
Thanks given by:
there is a good series that you can link to off of HIO from the MTL Gazette on the top 5 prospects. One article on each.

Here is a write up on Hudon. I think a lot of us are worried he is the one LV takes. According to Lapoint, he has paid his dues and should be ready this season to play in NHL. Again, hope it's in MTL

He mentioned that Hudon has been told to "keeping moving his feet" and that he hasn't understood that/how. That this is basically all he needs to work on.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey...e-into-nhl
Thanks given by:
Here is the write up on DLR

Lapointe says even tho he played the least in NHL last year, doesn't mean they are not happy. altho they don't expect big O numbers from him, they do feel he can be more offensive then he has been and have told him to shoot more.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey...le-forward
Thanks given by:
this one is on Juulsen. No longer in the shadow of Serg, he is now our best D prospect

Lapointe feels he will be in NLH sooner then we think. Plays game right, good 1st pass/skater, etc. But won't be an offensive dman. Sees him as a top 4. Needs to add weight this off season. Last off season he had broken and wired jaw so it effected his development and weight

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey...-right-way
Thanks given by:
McCarron needs to work on his foot speed, his first few strides.

I would say, lucky he has size cause I think that's why MTL is being so patient with him. As Lapointe says often...we need his size.

Bottom 6 C or if he gets his foot speed better, then maybe a top 9 winger. Lapointe unsure what CJ would do.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey...d-an-issue
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-19, 11:25 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: McCarron needs to work on his foot speed, his first few strides.

I would say, lucky he has size cause I think that's why MTL is being so patient with him.  As Lapointe says often...we need his size.

Bottom 6 C or if he gets his foot speed better, then maybe a top 9 winger. Lapointe unsure what CJ would do.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey...d-an-issue

Thanks for these references.
Thanks given by:
I made a statement in the "summer moves" thread that I thought may be better mentioned here.

If I am not mistaken....all the D prospects we had WHEN MB ARRIVED AS GM, are all gone from the organization now. All of them!!! All the D prospects we have now were drafted by MB or signed by him. Am I correct. Cause I looked over draft lists, and when Beau was traded I realized that was our final pre-MB 1st round pick, and our last Dman that was here when he arrived. He dumped every single one of them...and now also his top D prospect that he drafted.

We know he loves to sign Dmen and trade depth D guys. He really has a thing for turning over D without fear eh?
Thanks given by: