Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Our Prospects Updates 2016
(2017-07-12, 11:35 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 02:11 AM)GloryYrs70s Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 01:59 PM)Plummer Wrote: Guys are always looking to take the next step, but you won't know if they are ready until camp.  

Better off being prepared if they are not then scrambling after most UFAs are gone.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

The track record with the Habs is that they will play the UFA in the lineup regardless of the readiness of the prospect.  At best, our upper end prospect will get a chance to come up and play part-time on the 3rd or 4th line.

Well was watching a vid clip of Hudon on RDS, he had a golf tournie, and he said that he was told he would be given every opportunity to make the team.  Said the pressure is now on him to prove he is ready.  So yes, it does seem like team plays vets over kids....but really, who has been ready recently?  No vet kept Lehk out last year.  McC was given games last year, he didn't seem 100 % ready for full time nhl then...hopefully he will be this year, we will see.

At end of day...the Hemsky deal is really the only ?.  But we lost Rad, and have a bunch of kids and journey NHL players (Holland and the other ex leaf we signed) fighting for that spot and most likely one other.  Out of Hemsky, Holland, and the rest.....non are wow players so I do not see why MTL won't just keep whoever plays the best at camp.  The rest will play in AHL and get called up, as we know injuries always happen.  It's better to go to camp with too many options then none.  And for bottom 6, we once again have tons of options.  Hemsky, Hudon will only get a shot at top 6 if one or both chuck/Drouin play C.  That will decide where others play in the line up

Management will do whats best...if it's a kid, then it will be a kid.  If the kid not ready, then we have depth vet options

Correct, management has to put what's best for the team first, in most cases and if the kids aren't ready and haven't shown any signs of progress, then if a vet beats them out, so be it.
The Habs monitore the kids and tell them what is expected and what they should be doing to get to that next level and if the kids don't have the determination and perseverance to work on that, then no promotion.
Thanks given by:
The NHL is not a development league unless your team is completely rebuilding. To expect both development and high level success at the same time is a little bit much, unless your team is stacked with generational talents on the top two lines.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2017-07-12, 01:05 PM)Scriptor Wrote: The NHL is not a development league unless your team is completely rebuilding. To expect both development and high level success at the same time is a little bit much, unless your team is stacked with generational talents on the top two lines.

Exactly and this is my reason for harping on the fact that when criticizing MB or expressing one's opinion, all the facts have to be considered, many of which are never factored in, in these situations.
Thanks given by:
True scriptor BUT....I do not believe any prospect is 100% NHL ready, even generational talent.

There is always- what I call- NHL development. The speed, the quickness, becoming a pro...those are all things that take time and can only happen IF AND WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING IN THE NHL.

I just wonder what the HAbs definition is of "NHL READY". I bet many of us would feel it's too harsh lol

But yes, it's not a development league, but they must understand that a player will continue to develop while in the NHL the first few years. That is why they always say that typically the best years are 26-31. Most arrive at 22ish...a few years to really develop their NHL game and then their best years arrive.
Thanks given by:
(2017-07-12, 01:11 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: True scriptor BUT....I do not believe any prospect is 100% NHL ready, even generational talent.  

There is always- what I call- NHL development.  The speed, the quickness, becoming a pro...those are all things that take time and can only happen IF AND WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING IN THE NHL.  

I just wonder what the HAbs definition is of "NHL READY".  I bet many of us would feel it's too harsh lol

But yes, it's not a development league, but they must understand that a player will continue to develop while in the NHL the first few years.  That is why they always say that typically the best years are 26-31.  Most arrive at 22ish...a few years to really develop their NHL game and then their best years arrive.

It goes without saying that a player must continue to develop; adapt to the tempo, get to know the opposition, build confidence and chemistry, mature as a person, etc. 

However, it's not a case of letting anything go and waiting to see if things work out on their own, not that type of development where youngsters are not responsible for their own performances on the ice.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Dietz signed to play in the KHL
Thanks given by:
Good for him. He'll get to see the countryside there and experience playing in a league run by the Russian Mob.
Thanks given by: