Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our first pick will be between these two:
Brady Tkatchuk / US / 6' 3" / 196 lbs / LW
Big, strong, nasty, scores big goals (the type of player OTT has always needed IMO)

Filip Zadina / CZE / 6' 1" / 192 lbs / LW
Skilled, fast, sniper ( I think of Havlat when I see him play!)

Either way, we get a good player for sure.
Thanks given by:
Don't know if Zadina will be available. I'd still pick Boqvist over him
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-18, 09:45 PM)bicboi Wrote: Don't know if Zadina will be available. I'd still pick Boqvist over him

What's the deal on Boqvist. No more Zibanejad, Lazar type picks, I want fast and skilled not gritty and defensively aware...
Thanks given by:
Give me some scoring...however if we lose EK it may not be the worst idea to go the D route either.

I’m not super attached to any of these guys and would be OK giving the pick to the Avs. At least we have a later 1st rounder and perhaps can get another via trade.

Next year will be painful.
Thanks given by:
I do not want Tkachuk.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-18, 11:51 PM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2018-06-18, 09:45 PM)bicboi Wrote: Don't know if Zadina will be available. I'd still pick Boqvist over him

What's the deal on Boqvist. No more Zibanejad, Lazar type picks, I want fast and skilled not gritty and defensively aware...

He's the youngest guy in the top 15, would probably be 1st overall next year and is a RD that can develop by the time we're competitive after Karlsson is moved Wink

At this point I just want them to get prospects and let them develop while we hope for a miracle. Boqvist idna great puck mover and might be that miracle
Thanks given by:
Leafs fan, coming in peace.

If the Habs keep their pick, I see them going with Kotkaniemi, as they decide the need for a C, is more important necessarily, than BPA. If they don't, they probably stick with Zadina.

If Zadina falls to you, I think you have to take him. If he is picked, with either Montreal taking him, or Montreal trading the pick and someone else taking him, I'd personally go for either Dobson, or Boqvist, over Tkatchuk.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-19, 02:04 PM)Fogelhund Wrote: Leafs fan, coming in peace.

If the Habs keep their pick, I see them going with Kotkaniemi, as they decide the need for a C, is more important necessarily, than BPA. If they don't, they probably stick with Zadina.

If Zadina falls to you, I think you have to take him. If he is picked, with either Montreal taking him, or Montreal trading the pick and someone else taking him, I'd personally go for either Dobson, or Boqvist, over Tkatchuk.

I think Montreal either takes Tkatchuk or trades down with Arizona. In that case Arizona takes Tkatchuk, Ottawa will most likely take Zadina and Habs take Kotkaniemi.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by:
I avoid players that put up huge points in the Q. Players dominate that league all the time, not the biggest fan of Zadina but I would pick him over Tkachuk
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-19, 03:37 PM)bicboi Wrote: I avoid players that put up huge points in the Q. Players dominate that league all the time, not the biggest fan of Zadina but I would pick him over Tkachuk

Ya.. wouldn't want guys like Crosby, MacKinnon, Marchessault, Drouin, Vlasic, Bergeron, Marchand, Gourde, Hischier, PLD, David Savard, Letang, Giroux, Coutier.... maybe I won't go on...
Thanks given by:
Its also the league that made Daigle look like a 1st overall pick Wink
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-19, 04:13 PM)bicboi Wrote: Its also the league that made Daigle look like a 1st overall pick Wink

True.  We should never ever pick from the Q again.

Then again, Yakupov was from the OHL.  Better not pick from the O either.   Wink
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-19, 04:44 PM)Fogelhund Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 04:13 PM)bicboi Wrote: Its also the league that made Daigle look like a 1st overall pick Wink

True.  We should never ever pick from the Q again.

Then again, Yakupov was from the OHL.  Better not pick from the O either.   Wink

Lol you got me there

Its not like I'd cheer against him, wishing Zadina nothing but the best but I really want the Sens to get Boqvist if Svechnikov doesn't fall.
Thanks given by:
Bump, it's draft day, does Karlsson stay or go tonight it's going to be an important night.
Thanks given by:
C'mon team, draft Boqvist and by the time he's NHL ready we'll have moved on from all the drama
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-19, 02:04 PM)Fogelhund Wrote: Leafs fan, coming in peace.

If the Habs keep their pick, I see them going with Kotkaniemi, as they decide the need for a C, is more important necessarily, than BPA.   If they don't, they probably stick with Zadina.  

If Zadina falls to you, I think you have to take him.   If he is picked, with either Montreal taking him, or Montreal trading the pick and someone else taking him, I'd personally go for either Dobson, or Boqvist, over Tkatchuk.

BPA is anybody's guess after the top two, so while everyone seems to think things are clear as to the ranking, the only thing that's clear is that nothing is clear.

Here's The Hockey News final ranking which is based on an amalgam of 10 pro scouts:

https://www.tsn.ca/kotkaniemi-surges-int...-1.1115400
Thanks given by:
Habs took the Finnish centre, please Dorion take Boqvist please!
Thanks given by:
Oh FFS
Thanks given by:
jesus they are stupid
Thanks given by:
We have identity now, we'll slew foot players that are good because we can't beat them in the actual game of hockey
Thanks given by: