Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our first pick will be between these two:
(2018-06-22, 07:09 PM)bicboi Wrote: Oh FFS

He did say Ottawa is a great organization.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 07:14 PM)bicboi Wrote: We have identity now, we'll slew foot players that are good because we can't beat them in the actual game of hockey

They will be playing the character card.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 07:17 PM)andreroy Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 07:14 PM)bicboi Wrote: We have identity now, we'll slew foot players that are good because we can't beat them in the actual game of hockey

They will be playing the character card.

I swear I heard Burke say we'll get someone with Truculence lol
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
If you guys don’t want Brady we would kill to have him in Calgary . What’s it going to take ?  Happy
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
The Oilers have missed the playoffs 11 out of 12 years? Yikes.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 07:36 PM)Suity Wrote: If you guys don’t want Brady we would kill to have him in Calgary . What’s it going to take ?  Happy

Wait a week or two, some scandal will pop up and we'll sell him 50 cents on the dollar
Thanks given by:
Forget the name on the back of his jersye, Tkachuk has got it all and is going to be a great player for us.
Thanks given by: duediligence , Nanuuk

Looks NHL ready to me...whats everyone's problem with him?
Thanks given by: Ryu65
Tell you something , if he is anything like his brother ( and I have no reason to think otherwise ) you guys are going to love this kid . Grown up around the game and smart and unbelievable I. The community . Matty will be our captain one day and this kid is probably the same character . 
     With what’s going on in your town you need character to get through this and this kid I think will deliver .
Thanks given by: Ryu65 , Nanuuk
As much as I'd rather Zadina or Boqvist, I'm happy we didn't go off board and pick someone random like Arizona and Montreal did.

Tkachuk will be NHL ready and on the roster on opening day. My only concern is, if he's a bigger and meaner version than his brother, we have to deal with dirty shit and wait for him to mature. Hopefully I'm wrong and he plays clean. Brutally hard, but clean.
Thanks given by:
I don't see any indication in his game that he'll play that way. He's a gritty, big hard nosed forward who can score. I agree with the OP exactly what this team needs more of. I like big 2 way defensive minded forwards. These are the guys that can affect a game without necessarily scoring.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 07:54 PM)Suity Wrote: Tell you something , if he is anything like his brother ( and I have no reason to think otherwise ) you guys are going to love this kid . Grown up around the game and smart and unbelievable I. The community . Matty will be our captain one day and this kid is probably the same character . 
     With what’s going on in your town you need character to get through this and this kid I think will deliver .

If Matty will be y'all captain can we have Monaghan? Grin
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 07:52 PM)Stevie_Y Wrote:

Looks NHL ready to me...whats everyone's problem with him?

Agreed...he's huge and skilled...when was the last time we drafted a player like this? Spezza? He was big but not nearly as physical so there's that, maybe Hossa? I'll let him play a season or two before dubbing a bust Icon_rolleyes
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 07:56 PM)bicboi Wrote: As much as I'd rather Zadina or Boqvist, I'm happy we didn't go off board and pick someone random like Arizona and Montreal did.

Tkachuk will be NHL ready and on the roster on opening day. My only concern is, if he's a bigger and meaner version than his brother, we have to deal with dirty shit and wait for him to mature. Hopefully I'm wrong and he plays clean. Brutally hard, but clean.

Montreal did not go off the board. Methinks you don't know what the board looks like. Grin
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 07:56 PM)bicboi Wrote: As much as I'd rather Zadina or Boqvist, I'm happy we didn't go off board and pick someone random like Arizona and Montreal did.

If you didn’t just read the papers the next day from out west you would see Matty is an honest kid who plays on the line . Everybody hates him out side of Calgary but I can tell you this is his town because of his game and the way he carry’s himself . He gets a bad rap , I love him because he’s an old school player . Brady is probably going to be the same . Everybody hates him because he gets it done . Badge of honour ! Can’t believe I am over here trying to sell this kid . Seriously we will take him !
Thanks given by:
Kotkaniemi only went up because of the international tournament and the lack of centres in this draft, definitely feel as though his value was boosted because of that. If in picking third, no way would I pass on some of the players available for him. Ah well, time will tell.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 08:15 PM)bicboi Wrote: Kotkaniemi only went up because of the international tournament and the lack of centres in this draft, definitely feel as though his value was boosted because of that. If in picking third, no way would I pass on some of the players available for him. Ah well, time will tell.

Top NHL scouts were pretty much in agreement that 3-9 was a crapshoot with no clear separation between the players.

You must know something none of them do I suppose... Wink
Thanks given by:
You guys (Bic and AR) kill me. Tkachuk is the consensus 3rd best player yet you two know better then professional hockey people. The Sens need a talented gritty two way guy. Let him do some dirty work for Duchene and Stone.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 08:18 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 08:15 PM)bicboi Wrote: Kotkaniemi only went up because of the international tournament and the lack of centres in this draft, definitely feel as though his value was boosted because of that. If in picking third, no way would I pass on some of the players available for him. Ah well, time will tell.

Top NHL scouts were pretty much in agreement that 3-9 was a crapshoot with no clear separation between the players.

You must know something none of them do I suppose... Wink

The top 4 were pretty much set across most scouts (MckMcKen, Button, etc...) as Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina/Tkachuk
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 08:18 PM)duediligence Wrote: You guys (Bic and AR) kill me. Tkachuk is the consensus 3rd best player yet you two know better then professional hockey people. The Sens need a talented gritty two way guy. Let him do some dirty work for Duchene and Stone.

I'm not saying we screwed up, just that I'd prefer Zadina or Boqvist over him. Not a fan of his playing style based off how his brother plays. Regardless, we have a very good prospect in the pool who'll probably be on the roster opening night.
Thanks given by: