Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our first pick will be between these two:
(2018-06-22, 08:26 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 08:18 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 08:15 PM)bicboi Wrote: Kotkaniemi only went up because of the international tournament and the lack of centres in this draft, definitely feel as though his value was boosted because of that. If in picking third, no way would I pass on some of the players available for him. Ah well, time will tell.

Top NHL scouts were pretty much in agreement that 3-9 was a crapshoot with no clear separation between the players.

You must know something none of them do I suppose... Wink

The top 4 were pretty much set across most scouts (MckMcKen, Button, etc...) as Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina/Tkachuk

Nope.
Thanks given by:
Hoping Veleno falls to 22!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 08:28 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 08:26 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 08:18 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 08:15 PM)bicboi Wrote: Kotkaniemi only went up because of the international tournament and the lack of centres in this draft, definitely feel as though his value was boosted because of that. If in picking third, no way would I pass on some of the players available for him. Ah well, time will tell.

Top NHL scouts were pretty much in agreement that 3-9 was a crapshoot with no clear separation between the players.

You must know something none of them do I suppose... Wink

The top 4 were pretty much set across most scouts (MckMcKen, Button, etc...) as Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina/Tkachuk

Nope.

Actually, yes. Not sure where you read your info, but the consensus was pretty much Dahlin, Svhechnikov, Zadina/Tkachuk all year long for Top 4.
Thanks given by:
You should read more...
Thanks given by:
As I've mentioned, the only consensus around 3-9 was that there was no consensus.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 08:46 PM)Limestoner Wrote: You should read more...

How about post some mock draft lists from scouts that show Kotkaniemi at #3? It's fine to defend your team's pick, nothing inaccurate about saying he's off board based off scout draft lists
Thanks given by:
Zadina going 6th is more evidence of that..
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 08:48 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 08:46 PM)Limestoner Wrote: You should read more...

How about post some mock draft lists from scouts that show Kotkaniemi at #3? It's fine to defend your team's pick, nothing inaccurate about saying he's off board based off scout draft lists

(2018-06-22, 08:47 PM)Limestoner Wrote: As I've mentioned, the only consensus around 3-9 was that there was no consensus.
Thanks given by:
By "reading", I don't mean looking at mock draft lists. Lol.
Thanks given by:
Heck, you yourself bic wanted Boqvist at 4. And that would NOT have been 'off the board'.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 08:50 PM)Limestoner Wrote: By "reading", I don't  mean looking at mock draft lists. Lol.

Lol, scout lists have reports about players and why there are movements among players positions.

https://www.tsn.ca/kc-1.1115400

Like this one, even the title is about a player like JK moving in draft rankings. Looks like all you've read is posters talking on this forum. Now you can try finding any scout report, lost or whatever it be cool with being wrong Happy
Thanks given by:
We traded down for picks 26 and the 48th, dammit, I hope Veleno is still there
Thanks given by:
Anaheim, Minnesota and Toronto please please don't pick Veleno!
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 08:54 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 08:50 PM)Limestoner Wrote: By "reading", I don't  mean looking at mock draft lists. Lol.

Lol, scout lists have reports about players and why there are movements among players positions.

https://www.tsn.ca/kc-1.1115400

Like this one, even the title is about a player like JK moving in draft rankings. Looks like all you've read is posters talking on this forum. Now you can try finding any scout report, lost or whatever it be cool with being wrong Happy

If you think there is a 'right and wrong' in this, you are wrong already. Wink

The trick is not putting so much stock in lists, but rather reading what the hockey people have to say about the players on the lists.

Read deeper.
Thanks given by:
Like the link I posted, experts won't just have rudimentary lists, they have sections were the detail and outline specific things. Tell me, what exactly should we be reading? Any links at all to this deeper source you think I'm missing out on?
Thanks given by:
Omfg I'm gonna rage if the leafs take Veleno
Thanks given by:
Thank you St.Louis, now please pick Veleno Dorion!
Thanks given by:
Agree with Bic that habs went off board a bit. And boquist would have also been off board
Thanks given by:
Who?

Wilde, McLeod and Veleno on the board and we pick this guy?
Thanks given by:
Dorion responds to Friedman, apparently today has been the quietest day in regards to phone calls about players. I'm hoping that's a good sign
Thanks given by: