Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our first pick will be between these two:
(2018-06-25, 08:42 PM)andreroy Wrote: Not gonna lie that was my reaction too. Ask my girlfriend

Tkachuk should be a good player but I am so sick of intangibles and character. This team needs a hot shot especially after losing Hoffman

How can you be sick of something that the Sens have very little of? Especially in their top end talent? Hoffman had a great shot could skate but couldn't/wouldn't play defense and seems to be an arrogant, lazy, piece of crap. You don't win with guys like that
Thanks given by:
That is nonsense and you know it.

All a guy has to do to smash those dumb narratives is win one Stanley Cup. Phil Kessel, Alex Ovechkin, the list goes on and on and on.

The guys that get picked for their character usually end up being busts. No better example than Lazar and soon Colin White.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-26, 10:57 AM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-06-25, 08:42 PM)andreroy Wrote: Not gonna lie that was my reaction too. Ask my girlfriend

Tkachuk should be a good player but I am so sick of intangibles and character. This team needs a hot shot especially after losing Hoffman

How can you be sick of something that the Sens have very little of? Especially in their top end talent? Hoffman had a great shot could skate but couldn't/wouldn't play defense and seems to be an arrogant, lazy, piece of crap. You don't win with guys like that

Hoff wasn't as bad on defense as we make him out to be. He wasn't lazy at all, he'll have the bad defensive player rep because McJesus destroyed him
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-26, 11:56 AM)andreroy Wrote: That is nonsense and you know it.

All a guy has to do to smash those dumb narratives is win one Stanley Cup. Phil Kessel, Alex Ovechkin, the list goes on and on and on.

The guys that get picked for their character usually end up being busts. No better example than Lazar and soon Colin White.

Actually Ovie has a lot of character. he always worked hard and and played with a lot of passion. thats why so many people were glad when the Caps won. Kessel was the beneficiary of playing on a team with Crosby and Malkin.
Thanks given by: Ryu65
(2018-06-26, 12:00 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 10:57 AM)duediligence Wrote:

Hoff wasn't as bad on defense as we make him out to be. He wasn't lazy at all, he'll have the bad defensive player rep because McJesus destroyed him

Hoffman was an overrated pantload of crap. The Sens win because its addition by subtraction.
Thanks given by:

Welcome back to the old negative AR, you're on a roll today keep it up, we missed you bud. As DD already pointed out, Ovechkin is a terrible example for you to use, as he's far from just a fancy sniper. The guy is competitive as any, he hits, he plays on the edge and can put up points. Not saying Tkachuk is the next Ovechkin, but just because he hits and plays with an edge doesn't negate the fact he also possesses an offensive touch. Look at Malkin, sure he's got offense, but he isn't soft either and the guy is huge and fast. There's absolutely nothing wrong with big and fast guys who play tough, this would have been our DREAM player 10 years ago.
Thanks given by:
The common perception was that OV only cared about himself. Hell I had debates with people at work this playoff whether he deserved a Cup or not.

We had the same debates about Spezza but most serious fans knew despite his so called lack of character and intensity, he was still the best centre they ever had and too good of a hockey player to pass up on

and if you told me before the scandal that the Sens are better without Hoffman than with, I'd call you a flat out fool.
Thanks given by:

I would not write off White yet...  I liked his game when he was playing with Duchene and Hoffman for a limited time last year.

His problem was getting hurt in pre-season and then Boucher not using him... he sytill has a lot of potential to be a solid top 9, I see him as a tweener like Fisher was not consistent enough to be a true top 2 center but a great 3rd line center
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-27, 09:19 AM)Nimmsens Wrote:

I would not write off White yet...  I liked his game when he was playing with Duchene and Hoffman for a limited time last year.

His problem was getting hurt in pre-season and then Boucher not using him... he sytill has a lot of potential to be a solid top 9, I see him as a tweener like Fisher was not consistent enough to be a true top 2 center but a great 3rd line center

I do hope Boucher trusts some of the young guys and let them play. Its so hard to judge where our prospects and young guys are at in their development if we don't even have a proper sample of what they can do
Thanks given by:
Wink 
(2018-06-22, 07:04 PM)bicboi Wrote: Habs took the Finnish centre, please Dorion take Boqvist please!

(2018-06-22, 07:14 PM)bicboi Wrote: We have identity now, we'll slew foot players that are good because we can't beat them in the actual game of hockey

So have you and Andre Roy changed your minds on BT yet? Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-30, 08:39 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 07:04 PM)bicboi Wrote: Habs took the Finnish centre, please Dorion take Boqvist please!

(2018-06-22, 07:14 PM)bicboi Wrote: We have identity now, we'll slew foot players that are good because we can't beat them in the actual game of hockey

So have you and Andre Roy changed your minds on BT yet? Laugh

I'm eating my crow due, it tastes nasty but at the same time I'm happy that i was wrong. Tkachuk is a treat to watch!
Thanks given by: