Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PTO or Waiver wire or Both
Well PC says he would like to bring in another forward.

For sure there are a few 4th line options that are waiting for calls and he has said he has talked to some of them

In no particular order

Troy Brouwer RW
Thomas Jurco RW/LW
Nick Shore C
Scotty Upshal LW

I am sure some more as well.  Letestu is still out there .  Lol. 

But there will be some really good guys put on waivers this year as well more than likely and some young ones 
Josh LEIVO would be on the top or should be of our list, if Leafs put him on, but there are 3or 4 others that could come loose

I hope he brings in a few PTO’s  and away we go, see how they do, how a couple youngins do, and go from there. If someone good comes on the waiver wire I guess you go that route.

4 weeks away when the Rookies play Calgary in Red Deer Sept 12,  Yeeeeehaw
Thanks given by:
Out of your list, I'd love to see if Jurco would work out or not.

Sent from my Google Pixel XL 128GB

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
Absolutely, its important that this team adds one more forward, likely an established veteran forward, but possibly someone younger like Leivo. It won't have any real impact on the cap as the contract will be under $1M, more likely around $800K for a signing, and will simply replace a player that gets re-assigned.

I think its very important to add another player to put one more body between the likes of Brad Malone or even Cooper Marody in the lineup.

I don't believe a guy like Malone is an NHL player and, as of right now, he is one injury away from the lineup. He will almost for sure play games for the Oilers but I'd prefer if its after a few injuries, not in the second week of the season.

I love Cooper Marody and he may get some NHL games this year but I hope that its truly on merit and not rushed due to lack of cover. Yamamoto aside, Marody may be fighting with Malone for that call-up and I'd prefer if a guy like Marody was given some time to get used to the professional game - let him marinate and center the top line in the Bake for at least a few months.

Chiarelli said he is going to take this slow as there could be some guys that win jobs at camp. While I think there may be a PTO or two, I think he's likely to make a waiver claim close to the beginning of the season. There will be some solid players available. Leivo would be a no-brainer but I'm not sure he'd make it to us.
Thanks given by:
Any takers on Drew Stafford?

Sent from my Google Pixel XL 128GB

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
I am always hearing about this Josh Lievo dude.  Looking at his stats, for a 25-year-old player, he doesn't look very impressive at all.  What's the deal with this guy?
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-12, 01:27 PM)He has good size 6.2/212Fritz Wrote: I am always hearing about this Josh Lievo dude.  Looking at his stats, for a 25-year-old player, he doesn't look very impressive at all.  What's the deal with this guy?

LEIVO is a player that if not on the Leafs would probably be a full time 3rd or 4th liner.  He has good size 6.2/212 and is a good skater. The problem with the Leafs is they have lots of good youngins that are just as good if not better.  The Leaf management sees good in LEIVO, just not sure why Babcock doesn’t.   They made sure he was not lost in the expansion draft and kept him with the big club all year just so he would not be lost on the waiver wire.   His stats aren’t great because he does not play a lot. 

I asked a couple scouts (pro) about him and both said he should be playing in the show for sure.

Very good chance he will hit the waiver wire this October as the Leafs have a few more guys that are waiver eligible this year that I do think are higher on their depth chart . Problem is we are #10 on the waiver picking chart and he could get scooped, another option though is a trade if the Leafs are going to waive him for a low draft pick if the Oil want him.

Another player that could hit the waiver wire this year is Ho Sang.  He has to clear now to be sent down.  Heard Lou will not allow him to talk to the media at all this training camp so I guess they are really trying to get him to straighten out?

Going to be a few good ones waived that probably could help us
Thanks given by: Fritz
Just heard a blurb that we may bring in Chimera and or Letestu for PTO's. I hope that is not true. Chimera I believe is at least still semi fast, but poor old Letestu really lost a step and a lot of his game before he was traded.

Look at some younger speed if you can would be my vote.

I wonder if they look at Upshall or Brouwer for that 4th line.
Thanks given by:
Brouwer had 22 points last year and at an affordable rate, he would be a good acquisition to play on your 4 line. And he's good enough to play spot duty on the third or second if one of your guys goes down.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Think I would rather kick the tires on Upshall or Brouwer over Chimera and Letestu.

A nostalgia line featuring Hemsky, Brodziak, and Chimera would be fun, though  Laugh.  Probably not a very effective line here in 2018, though.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-13, 02:17 PM)Fritz Wrote: Think I would rather kick the tires on Upshall or Brouwer over Chimera and Letestu.

A nostalgia line featuring Hemsky, Brodziak, and Chimera would be fun, though  LaughProbably not a very effective line here in 2018, though.

So it would identical to last time.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-13, 02:20 PM)ZappaScores Wrote:
(2018-08-13, 02:17 PM)Fritz Wrote: Think I would rather kick the tires on Upshall or Brouwer over Chimera and Letestu.

A nostalgia line featuring Hemsky, Brodziak, and Chimera would be fun, though  LaughProbably not a very effective line here in 2018, though.

So it would identical to last time.

That would be the most nostalgic aspect of the line, yes.
Thanks given by:
I've got no problem bringing anyone in on a PTO - there is no commitment, no risk, just taking a look.

There is a definite need to acquire one more cheap forward (and established NHLer) in order to put another body in between the NHL and the likes of Brad Malone. As of now, depending on Yamamoto, we are essentially one injury away from having Malone called-up (or rushing a prospect like Marody).

While they wouldn't be my first choice, a guy like Letestu or Chimera would be better than noone (and having Malone as the first injury call-up), in my opinion.

Nick Shore, Upshall, etc. There are a bunch of options out there but I think that the waiver wire may be the best bet and I hope Chiarelli doesn't commit to anyone prior to seeing what is available on waivers.
Thanks given by:
Hemsky? He's been done like dinner for years now. His last 2 season's in Edmonton his production was already tailing off big time
Thanks given by:
Hemsky? I hear that he's ready to break out next season.

But all jokes aside, it's hard to believe that the Oilers are nearly a cap team, and still need to go dumpster diving to put together a full roster.
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-13, 10:28 PM)HockeyHippy Wrote: Hemsky? I hear that he's ready to break out next season.

But all jokes aside, it's hard to believe that the Oilers are nearly a cap team, and still need to go dumpster diving to put together a full roster.

Yeahbut have you heard how jealous the rest of the league is of our backup goalie?
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 12:11 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2018-08-13, 10:28 PM)HockeyHippy Wrote: Hemsky? I hear that he's ready to break out next season.

Yeahbut have you heard how jealous the rest of the league is of our backup goalie?

I sure haven't, but I'd love for you to show me/us these jealous tirades or emotional outpourings when you get a chance.

Inquiring minds want to know...  Confused
x6
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 12:43 AM)T.V. Wrote:

I sure haven't, but I'd love for you to show me/us these jealous tirades or emotional outpourings when you get a chance.

Yeahbut, a couple years from now, something might happen that gives hindsight warriors all the answers you're looking for now. How dare you ask for a response now?
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 01:23 AM)teamblue Wrote:

Yeahbut, a couple years from now, something might happen that gives hindsight warriors all the answers you're looking for now. How dare you ask for a response now?

Being a Chia apologist is the easiest job in the world. 

*Chia makes bad move*
"How can you say its a bad move when you haven't given him a chance to see if it pans out?"

*Moves fail. Oilers miss playoffs. Finish bottom 10. Have no cap space* 
"No one could have predicted this."
Thanks given by:

Lol,  I see Mitchell added a few names to the waiver wire idea.

C Frank Vitrano,  last year early when we shit the bed and there was lots of talk about doing a trade with the Bruins, Vitrano’s name was brought up a few times. He was a college pickup of Chia when with the Bruins, small player adequate skater and supposed to be a shooter.  Never really got going in the show.didnt play a lot of C. Mostly LW. knock is just not engaged enough.

Adam Erne, LW, big boy at 6.1/216.  Plays a physical game adequate skater, actually has good hands, lost in that Tampa dynamo of young talent, for sure will hit the waiver wire this year.

Mike McCarron, Monster C/RW 6.6/230,  has not panned out in Montreal at all, but may get his chance this year? Tough kid,  inconsistent play and not a great skater.

Nick Baptiste, RW. Good size,  good skater , had a great year in the A 2 years ago, physical player works hard. Not sure Buffy would want to lose this kid as he seems to be a very good 4th liner maybe 3rd liner 

Lucas Wallmark,  C, smallish at 6,0/175, he is a smart player with very good defensive skills, and good on draws. Plays a solid game all over the ice, makes nice passes.  Carolina is weak on the dot, not sure he will be put on waivers. 

Those are the ones he mentioned.   

So for sure there might be a few good younger guys let loose, just not sure who makes it to 10.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 01:29 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:

Being a Chia apologist is the easiest job in the world. 

*Chia makes bad move*
"How can you say its a bad move when you haven't given him a chance to see if it pans out?"

*Moves fail. Oilers miss playoffs. Finish bottom 10. Have no cap space* 
"No one could have predicted this."

Being a Chia knocker is even easier. Every move Chia makes, "that's a bad move". Lo and behold, because every GM makes a mistake once in awhile, Chia makes a mistake, "see, told you that was a bad move" Funny, knockers were pretty quiet year before last. Did he go from being thought of as one of the top 3 GMs to forgetting how to GM in the course of a year? Apologist is a funny term for someone that can understand why a move was made, even if they don't agree with the move made. Where is anyone apologizing? I guess understanders is too long of a word for some.
Thanks given by: